In game Bank

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

In game Bank

Post by Ark »

GM/NPC driven that provided a bonus of some form or another for holding onto your money?
-a % increase in money per event money is stored
-safety, no chance of being stolen or robbed (if there is a chance people wont use it, i wouldnt)
-instructions can be left (if i die money goes to so and so, if no instructions its forfit to the bank)

main purpose:
NPC camp needs the phys reps, and people horde money (i know i do) no resources included because that is taken care in game in other ways.

thoughts? perhaps a 2-5 % increase per event?

matt and i were talking about this a little more.

-two keys per box, box requires both to open it. keys have box number on them. (bank has master key)
-legder for anytime anything is withdrawn, deposited, or checked. for both GM/NPC refrence as well as other PC's that own that box.
-deposit box can store money and items but not resources.
-bank cannot be robbed, tellers cannot be killed, but can be talked to.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Alice Tex
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alice Tex »

Ok, it can't be robbed, but can it be held hostage?? >=) mwahaha
"Pity the selfish, for they do not know charity...pity the cruel, for they do not know kindness...and pity the heartless, for they do not know love." ~ Alice
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

At Winter Haven we offer to write IOUs - it frees up the coin physreps, and they can be spent or redeemed normally.

As for it having no risk, I can't see it having a reward attached to it - real banks make their money for salaries and interest income by reinvesting the money, and those investments have a chance of going bad. I could see a system where you could have a random chance of doing well or poorly depending on in game factors, but I can't see this becoming a standard in-game thing because of logistics. Not to say that you couldn't approach a player or an NPC and offer to negotiate terms.
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

GM/NPC driven that provided a bonus of some form or another for holding onto your money?
-a % increase in money per event money is stored
-safety, no chance of being stolen or robbed (if there is a chance people wont use it, i wouldnt)
-instructions can be left (if i die money goes to so and so, if no instructions its forfit to the bank)

main purpose:
NPC camp needs the phys reps, and people horde money (i know i do) no resources included because that is taken care in game in other ways.

thoughts? perhaps a 2-5 % increase per event?

matt and i were talking about this a little more.

-two keys per box, box requires both to open it. keys have box number on them. (bank has master key)
-legder for anytime anything is withdrawn, deposited, or checked. for both GM/NPC refrence as well as other PC's that own that box.
-deposit box can store money and items but not resources.
-bank cannot be robbed, tellers cannot be killed, but can be talked to.
why the heck would monster camp allow a players loot to be stored OOG and then give them interest?!?!

Why would you want it to be non stealaable? Real banks can be stolen from, why not this one? Do you not use a real bank?

Monster camp is having manpower issues already with the work load they have, I say hell no to adding MORE to thier to do list. I say come to the events and build the vault and run the bank yourself.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Just sayin'.......there's a helluva lot of woods to hide a strongbox in..........

Get a big thick branch- about 4-5 inches in diameter. Cut off a 6 inch chunk, with the jagged broken part as one end. Take a paddlebit in a drill, and hollow out the center, just not all the way through. Put the money in, cover the hole with duck tape, and put it out in the woods behind your building, hole side down.

You now have your piggy-bank camouflaged as one of a billion other stumps in the woods.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

stop following me into the woods Marcus!

:lol:

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

not really about ways to keep your money or things safe. more about finding a reason to give NPC camp your coin phys reps. IOU's are fine i supose but i was hoping to achieve something a little more in game.

my point about not being able to rob it was if there is a chance you can loose all your coin or even some of it, players wont participate (i would not)

this is simply a mechanic for the following rules:
-NPC camp needs the phys reps
-PC's need an incentive or reward for helping out
-Should be in game as much as possible
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

If it is just to get the phys-reps back into circulation, I would endeavor to ask that every of one of us that has a character we aren't currently playing that has any money, to return that money to GM camp in exchange for a note that can allow them to draw that amount back out if and/or when they play that character again.

I know I have two characters that I plan on doing that with.

Same goes for players with current characters with heaps of money.
stop following me into the woods Marcus!
*Sighs*

Fine, fine. I will go back to storing it on the roof of the Tipsy Traveler.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Aren't "Storehouses" or the likes already in the rules? -- A place you pay for, but it holds your stuff/resources and no one can steal it?
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Ark Vulf
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
not really about ways to keep your money or things safe. more about finding a reason to give NPC camp your coin phys reps.
If the NPCs need the coin reps, monster camp IOUs sound like a great idea.

IOU's are fine i supose but i was hoping to achieve something a little more in game.
Why more in game for an out of game goal?

my point about not being able to rob it was if there is a chance you can loose all your coin or even some of it, players wont participate (i would not)
Why not? no chance of loss is artificial and cheesy and not good RP. Im not saying easy, or even normal plot doable. But possible.

-NPC camp needs the phys reps
So they can be supplied with more VIA the nicholson point system.

-PC's need an incentive or reward for helping out
Hence the Nicholson point system. Thats what that system is designed to do, generate more help for the game staff.

-Should be in game as much as possible
Why?

Marcus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it is just to get the phys-reps back into circulation, I would endeavor to ask that every of one of us that has a character we aren't currently playing that has any money, to return that money to GM camp in exchange for a note that can allow them to draw that amount back out if and/or when they play that character again.
Like the idea...

Fine, fine. I will go back to storing it on the roof of the Tipsy Traveler
And here I thought that was big racoons making little ones up there...