Things for the FAQ

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Final Haven IS a game wide open to character concepts. The shifting lands theme can easily allow for an eskimo to reach town, or a desert nomad or even a race completely alien to Phantara.

I hadn't thought about being able to role-play a race other than the given types, though. This offers an infinite amount of new possiblities! 8)

*Runs off to scheme of new character concepts*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
The Jackal
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by The Jackal »

Helpful character history generator.....(feel free to cut and paste)

1. Where and when were you born?

2. Are you aware of your parent’s names? If so, what are they?

3. Do you know if they are alive or dead?

4. If they are dead, how did they die?

5. Do you have any siblings?

6. Are you aware of the, and if so, how did you get along as children?

7. Do you know where they are now, and if so, how do you get along now?

8. What was your childhood like?

9. What were your parents’ childhoods like?

10. Where, how, and from who did you learn your trade?

11. What do you want out of life?

12. Is there anything about your life you would change?

13. What tempts your character?

14. Do you have any phobias?

15. Do you have any superstitions?

16. Are you an adventurer, and if so, why?

17. What would cause you to give up adventuring?

18. What is your attitude toward other adventurers?

19. What is your attitude towards friends?

20. Do you have any close friends?

21. Do you have any enemies?

22. What is your attitude about fighting and killing?

23. How about warriors?

24. How about mercenaries?

25. What is your attitude about magic?

26. How about mages?

27. What is your attitude about healing?

28. How about healers?

29. What is your attitude towards theft and thieves in general?

30. How about someone in your group who steals?

31. How about someone who steals from your group?

32. What is your attitude towards good and evil?

33. What is your attitude towards the law?

34. How do you feel about executions?

35. How do you about the King? The Duke? Nobility in general?

36. What is your attitude about wealth and those who seek it?

37. What is your attitude about power and those who seek it?

38. Do you belong to a group?

39. What, if anything, could turn you against your group?

40. What strengths do you have that could benefit a group?

41. What weaknesses do you have that could hinder a group?

****Answer all of those and you will find yourself with something other than just a powergamed world saving oaf.***
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Evan: To answer your question in a more direct fashion - We are in the middle of the woods with a few scattered farmlands.

If there is more to the surrounding area, someone please correct me.
Pentaguishine
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

Ok. I have found more questions:

1. Why is Utilize armor different for a knight then it is for a warrior? Was this just an oversight or are the skills actually supposed to be different? If they are supposed to be different I would suggest renaming one of them to avoid confusion.

2. Why is Archer a privilaged class and swashbuckler not? (this just seems backwards in my opinion so trying to understand the logic).

3. What exactly can a craftsman make? Is it just armor and weapons and if so what can be done with one shot items? What sort of one shot affects are available, same of course would then able for charged and permenant.

4. Since fence is now gone from the discipline list, is it going to be replaced with something else or is it just gone and considered equal to all social classes because it was in all three?

5. Can you ever change you social class? (i.e. go from common to privilaged or from common to savage etc etc). If so how does that work with regards to skills learned from other disciplines that are no longer available to your new social class?

6. Does your social class only provide you with access to the specific disciplines listed or do you also get access to all the ones beneath it? (I.e. If im a commoner do I also have access to savage disciplines?)

7. Does it actually cost 10 of your 15 starting "money" to be able to read and write even if your a privilaged character? Since a privilaged character comes into game with an undetermined amount of extra "resources" could those be sacrificed the first event by a newbie in order to be able to read and write instead?

8. When does a hold ground (warrior basic) power end? Can a warrior just decide I dont want to hold this ground anymore?

9. Does Utilize armor always stack with itself? (according to the wording the master level utilize armor for a warrior will stack with the basic level and I would ASSUME it also stacks with the advanced level but its not clearly stated so I am asking. It also does not say in the Knights utilize armor ability if it does stack or not...again I would assume yes but just asking).

10. How long does a sleep effect last? Can you be awoken from a sleep affect if someone hits you for damage? Is their a sideaffect?
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

1. Armor; It is slightly different, just to keep the over-all armor #'s down.

2. Archer; Because anyone can swing a stick, but not everyone can use a bow. Use of a bow indicates training of some sort. While Swashbuckler is more of a common/carrousal type concept. for more see #5

3. Craftsman; Craftsmen make everything, any item in game will have a Tag, this will detirmine what level of Craftsman would be required to build it, and once built what it is capable of. (More later, I will have an announcement about this very thing at game on)

4. Fence; Gone. Someone trying to 'fence' an item IG will have to find an NPC merchant type. These will be noted on character sheets as 'contacts'. The Rogue class will of course have a small advantage.

5. Changing Class; Absolutely, but its not an easy change. This is the one action that requires a teacher so to speak. You come to NPC camp and say, "I'm not digging Priveledged, and I want to switch to common."
Depending on the points (lvls) you have invested, we will give you an 'unlearn time' to which you have to Role-Play your change in status. Because of the potential exploits by crossing classes, the skills available while you change may be limited.

6. Class Provissions; Only the ones listed for each specific class.

7. Read; Yes it actually costs 10 of your 15 starting "money" to be able to read and write even if your a privilaged character. We batted around the concept once before, but I forget why it was dropped. The only other ways to gain read write, are to BE/PLAY a Sage, or pick it up IG for 20 CP's.

8. Hold Ground; When the warrior decides 'I dont want to hold this ground anymore'

9. Armor stacking; It should always stack, (assuming I haventmissed an exploit or two) In the old rules we had to clarify what stacked before factoring in percentage bonus's. We got rid of 'percentages' and so also should be rid of stacking problems.

10. Sleep; I have honestly forgotten this one. My mind is a complete blank. Wayne, Chris, Nelkie, Reid, B.A.? Anybody got an answer?
How long does a sleep effect last? Can you be awoken from a sleep affect if someone hits you for damage? Is their a sideaffect?
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

"When hit by a sleep, your character is unconscious for five minutes. Getting hit does not awaken a character suffering from a sleep effect."

So if you get slept, they can just walk up to you and slit your throat. Stun Strike/Touch of Death/Vorpal Nerve Pinch/Cause Sleep are all -very- deadly at FH.
Pentaguishine
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

And for reference, slitting someone's throat does not take a count. It's "I slit your throat". Granted if the person is conscious it doesn't work, unless they are accepting or immobilzed.

As far as armor stacking, it appears I should read the new rules.
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

thanks for the answers. I do have one suggestion and its a pretty simple one.

Currently you have in game the warrior version of utilize armor and the knight version of utilize armor. They are both different skills but have the same name. I would strongly suggest changing the name of one of them or changing the effects to be the same in order to avoid undo confusion for us newbie type folk.

Later,
Evan
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

Question:

Arcane – privileged, common, savage
The ways of magic have changed and few if any have mastered its manipulation. Although there are rumors of those who have been able to possess greater power than ever before, it remains by and large a mystery as to how that is done. However, it is a power waiting for those courageous soles who are yearning to rediscover the ways of the art. See page xx for the rules of magic.

Where is page xx??

Thanks,
Evan
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

More Questions

Post by Lao »

1. How long does the craftsmans 1st level ability to field repair armor take to do?

2. Is it possible to get a suit of armor fully repaired or are field repair and getting new armor the only options? If they are not where can I find the rules for getting armor repaired to full without losing points?

Thanks,
Evan
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

Arcane magic is a tricky buisness. I don't believe there is a page xx. I do seem to remember reading a sheet or two of Arcane spells (like focus circles, enchanting weapons, etc.) though. PM Todd, he is sort of the magic man here.

There are sample spells for Arcane Levels 1 and 2. Through that and beyond you are suppose to 'research' your own spells. They well have to be Okayed by the GMs.
Lost my train of thought.....
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Arcane spells are in the game, we have a giant list of premade scrolls. Infact I think last event saw about 10 arcane spells go in.

If you are a mage and you are not seeing arcane spells, try consulting other's in-game.

The rules for being an arcane are simple. "read the scroll"

All rule information will be on the scrolll and you must "read the scroll" to cast any spell in game.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them