A Modest Proposal (for everyone)

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Peace420 wrote:The Inn it's a matter of breaking things that are part of the lodge AND safety, but I would disagree with a tent or other IG sleeping area. If you have something that expensive or delicate you had better make sure that you take very good care of it or keep it somewhere it won't be damaged.
BS. If someone enters my tent (ie somewhere it shouldn't be damaged) and steps on my bag (again someplace it shouldn't be damaged) and breaks my stuff or the tent, there will be serious consequences. People have no reason to be in my stuff. A tent is not a public area. If you aren't invited, stay the F out!
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

It may not seem fair but to start making every tent IG or OOG a 4th level skill (Haven) is sorta ridiculous. The only reason you can't fight in the Inn is an OOG reason pertaining to the site. And then where does it stop, is it fair that people can be non-com if they choose to and not because of some medical reason? Then why does anyone have to be attacked who doesn't want to be at the time?
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Non-coms can be killed by pointing your weapon and saying "I fell you". So i wouldn't say they were cheesing anything. Hannah(my wife) doesn't feel like being hit by a foam weapon and has traded that combative area for the ability to be killed with words.

I think combat should be disallowed in tents and the Inn. But only in so far as the players are NON-COMS in there. Anyone can at any time fell anyone else. It makes the Inns the LEAST safe places to be. (at winterhaven this will ion fact be the case.) with that rule, combat will not happen there because people will flee the inn once cambat ensues. PVP is still possible. (but if you fell bob, john can fell you, and so on until only one person remains.) Sneaky people can kill, and everyone wins.

Like i said, we have been prevented from sneakies doing ANYTHING in the Inn, including slitting throats, and and setting traps because "Combat might start." (It did happen. A GM was fetched, and people were told they could not.) So the Inn becomes the DEFACTO safe room by rule of precident.

we have to have some middle ground.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I didn't say anything about making people in them OOG. It's just that you can't enter or fight in them. There's a big difference. If you break into the tent area and want to start hacking people up, then ask if anyone is up in a clear and reasonable voice (preferably with a GM present). If people don't start making some form of commotion then they die. But otherwise, people can get up and fight you outside the area where valuables are kept. The OOG reason for this is the same as the inn. It's just general respect of other people's stuff.

I don't think hiding in the Inn should be safe either (however I also think point and die is extreme too). If combat has the ability to break out in the inn then it needs to be moved outside and addressed.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

GUYS!

A couple things

1) The entire inn can be burned down in 10 minutes. All it takes is to hang outside and if no one comes out to kill you while you are actively burning the inn. (pelase get a GM) Then everyone dies.

2) If there is a tent then you should make some noise and if no one comes out the tent uis considered burned and everyone dies.

Reason I say get a GM is because I dont want some cheese dick guy hanging out in a corner and after 10 mintues say something is burned. it needs to be pretty obvious what is going on.

As for fights in the inn we have discussed some stuff and we may move sites so it may not be an issue for long.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I agree that point and die is definately extreme. It has the advantage of being simple. If the GMs would support the "Is Anyone Awake call." Then great. It needs to apply to the inn as well. But of course now you can not go into the inn and kill someone while they sleep. Even though it's supported in the rule book.

How was sleeping defined at Brighton? could you be killed in your sleep? (I have no idea.)
Travis Cole
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

cole45 wrote:How was sleeping defined at Brighton? could you be killed in your sleep? (I have no idea.)
Brighton had no problems with fighting in the inn - aside from the windows, there was nothing that breakable (i.e., no glass-covered lamps like we have in Ionia). As such, people used to die in their sleep all the time.

"One, I slit your throat - two, I slit your throat - three, I slit your throat - you're dead"

Since the call didn't have to be above a stage whisper (i.e., they didn't have to shout it) ... needless to say, people died.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

If this was a real building and we did indeed allow killings then people would be building walls with bars on them.

We simply cannot phys rep at the moment.
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

right. And this could be applied to the Inn. You could be able to stage whisper their death. If they caught the assassin, then the two could take it outside. I know the fear is that a fight might start and escalate, but there should be some line in the sand right?

What about traps in the Inn? Could start a fight?

Chris:
Is there not an In game mechanic to have a building with a lock? Bars, stone walls. All of the above. If you are in one then, the sneakies can not get you. Isn't that the POINT of the in game buildings?
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Cole,

That is soo unfare. IMO if we ever inacted that rule then if the assassin is caught then the assassin is dead.

Here is the reason. You are in a small place, you get caught then to simulate you bring it outside where the assassin can easily get away. That is soo completely unfair.

Why?, because if the assasin is caught inside the person might scream waking everyone up and getting the doors barred basically making sure the assassin dies.

So in anycase I am all for lifting the ban in the inn as long as we can come up with a good rule for it.
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I certainly understand and agree with your argument. I see why that is a problem.

We can not enact a game stop. We can not move it outside. We can not fight. That leaves us with three logic options.

1. No combat inn the inn ever. A totally, 100% safe zone.

2. Non-Com in the in. A totally, 100% unsafe zone.

3. Or we can try to come with some third solution. A comprimise.

What is a gamestop is not called, but participants are required to take it outside. Sure the assassin could try to get away, but the victim could still yell and scream while they are going outside. unless you are really good, and really fast, the assassin is still probably going to get jacked.

The problem of course this represents only 1 scenario out of hundreds.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The thing is, at least for my part, I think I could only get behind "if the assassin is caught" auto death.

So how I see that happening is if an an assassin sneaks in and while upstais starts to make a count and the victem wakes up the assassin is dead.

If the assassin is caught in the act by another person the assassin dies.

I guess it only works if the assassis is caught in the act.

To be honest I am actually ok with fights occuring in the downstaitrs area, just not upstairs, but it added complication and other problems. Plus there is always the problem of damage
Chris
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Issue

Post by General Maximus »

My issue is people fighting in confines spaces (safety) and breaking people OGG stuff and tents in a fight. I'm cool with people sneaking in, cutting peoples throats, etc.., but if a melle combat arises, it must be taken outside. Repecting peoples properity.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Well Ried what you're saying is that noone should ever go in your tent without you saying they can, which amounts to a Haven. Like I said, if you want to make sure something doesn't get broken keep it in a safe place, bring a tub for OOG stuff or delicate stuff. It's really that simple.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

GM_Chris wrote:So in anycase I am all for lifting the ban in the inn as long as we can come up with a good rule for it.
Isn't the ban on fighting in the inn actually a campground rule, and not ours? How can we lift it?