Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Peace420 wrote:There is a shatter call.
This isn't what we are talking about.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

No, in addition lash will shortly be removed from the guild skills.

Lash will be reserved for magic and alchemy only.
Last edited by Todd on Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

~the Lunatic fringe~
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

There is a shatter call that is why the craftsman can give a resist shatter, no you cannot resist a damaging or any other call by having your armor shatter. Yes you can break your weapon to do vorpal but that has nothing to do with armor.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Todd wrote:No, in addition lash will shortly be removed from the guild skills.
No what?
My guess is no, lash cannot be countered, however, this is just a guess.
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

Eric,

My thinking is that Todd was saying "No, we are not talking about that anymore." But what do I know?

My thinking on Atrum's "there is a shatter call" is: There is a shatter call?!?!? And i thought ALL resists were removed from game. can a person still have a resist armor?

Oh, I want more life points, if I ask real nice can I have some? I think half a dozon should do me propper. Or can I buy some, oh say fifty cents a point?
Lost my train of thought.....
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Curufin
Now I know there is real input mixed with sarcasm there, I just can't decipher which is which.

Eric
Shatter - "These attacks destroy swords and armor. Swords are destroyed if hit. Armor is destroyed if the number called is greater than the breast plate total. This call does not damage life or light armor. Shattered items cannot be repaired"

Craftman - "One-time weapon effects include a parry, vorpal or crush attack without the weapon breaking (it still costs a life point to enact—See Special Attacks in the Combat Section on page 51). One-time armor effects include ignore damage"

One, the resist isn't resist shatter. Two, there is no resist shatter for weapons, though they are affected by it. Three, shatter doesn't affect light armor (ie resist shatter would be useless). As well, there has been talk of using armor as a resist in the past, though this is not in the rules. If shatter was the only reason, it would be on weapons and not available on light armor.

Point is it has a very unfinished feel to it. Weapons can be broken for effects, armor can't, weapons can add effects but not resist, armor can resist them.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Just to clarify how it should be, warriors should get 7 life points between levels 1 and 10, 1 life point at level 20, 1 life point at level 40, and so on. Thus all who interpreted that mess with this meaning was correct. This can be confusing, especially with the allegiance point system where the same schedule of points is retained each 20 level segment (thus everyone by the time they get to level 100 should have many more allegiance points than life points)

Sorry for the confusion and sorry I can't make the play test but, well, I'm in Indiana...Has that excuse gotten old yet?
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

To clarify;

No, there is no way to 'block' a lash effect. Resistances that apply to the appropriate field, i.e. Magic, or Alchemy, would be required.

In addition, I have posted a more accurate discription of the Craftsmans abilities in the:
GM's forum / Rules updates 2-7
section. I have reproduced them in part here. Hope it helps to clear things up.
Weapons are to be handled exactly like any other item in reguards to creation. The ability to 'break' a weapon for a bonus is atributed to the PC, not the item. The weapon in question could be enchanted to grant it further protections. (It would then fall under the new 'Magic Item' rules, be assigned a value, etc.)

The Craftsman can do the following, (see the rules for full discriptions)
level 1; Repair/Tinker- this should be fine, following the rules as listed.
level 2; Create Items- (including both armour and weapons) These can be 'mundane', or of 'Quality', only being changed by creation time, not ability. The craftsmanship of these 'quality' items is sufficient enough grade as to be enchanted with a one-shot ability*
level 3; Create 'Qualtiy' Items- (including both armour and weapons) of sufficient enough grade as to be enchanted with a re-chargable ability*
level 4; Create 'Qualtiy' Items- (including both armour and weapons) of sufficient enough grade as to be enchanted with a permanent ability*

In addition there is a sliding scale for time neccessary to create items that decreases as the Craftsmans level increases.

* ~note~ these items are of sufficient enough grade as to be enchanted, however they will still require someone with the proper Arcane skills to do the actual enchantments.
Other clarifications; The wording of some skills will be updated to make things a bit more comprehendable. In the future all "Bonus's" will be tallied in the following manor.

Base + Modifiers + Multipliers + Bonus
fictitious example*, Archer Base 1 + charging Modifier 1 (=2) + X2 Multiplier (=4) + Arcane Bonus 1 (grand total =5)

* ~note~ this is an example, and not intended to be used as a representation of the potential of the Archer and/or Arcane Disciplines.

Also... Guild Power 'effects' are produced in a 1-for-1 fashion. That is to say you pay the cost (if applicable) and you gain the effect. These effects do not stack. In order to produce another similar effect you must pay the cost again.

~the Lunatic fringe~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I like the idea of breaking your weapons for an offensive ability, but I'd also like to point out that how often do we find broken weapons AND broken armor? Well, via the rules I see how the weapon could be broken but not a single PC has shatter so how are all the armors getting broken?

If the break the armor for an ignore damage is thrown in, it now makes for a very good reason why, as PCs, we find broken weapons and armor after a battle, since our oppenents used their abilities before they died.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Well it's pretty simple, as you get your butt whomped on your armor is damaged. There could also be a spell or certain monsters that can shatter armor as well, really it's not that hard to explain amor in pieces on a battlefield.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Peace420 wrote:Well it's pretty simple, as you get your butt whomped on your armor is damaged. There could also be a spell or certain monsters that can shatter armor as well, really it's not that hard to explain amor in pieces on a battlefield.
Damaged armor (even armor with 0 armor points) can be repaired.
Shattered/broken armor cannot.

The only way it could work if there was a spell, is that the enemy mages would be casting shatter on their own warriors?
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

We talked about that in the meeting Eric and we decided that once armor is made you got it.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

So if/when we fight warriors, I never expect to pick up broken armor after the combat. I have no issue with this, but just everytime you bring in a guy in full heavy, you are giving us a free suit of armor.
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I dont know. I'm thinking that maybe after a suit of armor has been rigged to its minimum that it might be destroyed, i.e. shattered.

~the Lunatic fringe~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Todd wrote:I dont know. I'm thinking that maybe after a suit of armor has been rigged to its minimum that it might be destroyed, i.e. shattered.
what does rigged to it's minimum mean? Haven't seen that in the rulebook anywhere...