Deep pockets

A place to bring up any clarifications, fixes, or current rule grievances to change for the 2019 rule set.

Moderator: Admin

Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Deep pockets

Post by Eli »

It was nerfed after 2016, what are you planning to nerf on it now?
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Deep pockets

Post by Onimaster »

Yeah... What exactly are you talking about here. Just saying "Deep Pockets" isn't much of a discussion.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

If you look at the master post from Angie it's listed on the "to be reviewed for 2019" list. I take that to assume she / the GM's are planning to NERF the shit out of it again. I started breakout threads for the topics she listed as one's I wanted to discuss individually. Hence the post here.

Funny enough Brian and I argued about this forum vs FB to discuss rules. That was what a month ago I posted this thread and literally the only reply is you asking me what I'm talking about. I'm now even more confident that using the Forums to discuss anything is pointless. NO ONE looks at these and if they do they don't bother responding. I'm now going to post rules threads on FB and see if I get replies as an experiment. I'm willing to be I get more replies there than I have here. I'm very confident that my coming to the forums was a waste of time.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

The number of replies you get isnt relevant, because no one is used to the fact that they have to check in here. They dont know about it, they wont do it.

Facebook is a turd. Period.

There is no way there to have the rules discussion be organised and easily traceable. Once the player base understand the rules will be discussed here, they will look here...or they wont because they dont give a shit.

Just so its clear....a million people could respond on FB, and it would not be relevant....at all.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Since to have an intelligent and useful conversation on the spell everyone involved should read the fucking thing:
Deep Pockets – (Changed) – 4 Essence; 1 Minute charge; Standard (2)

You may only target yourself with this spell. Each casting of this spell increases your Carrying Capacity by 10. For each 10 Carrying Capacity this spell offers past the initial 10, you must also reduce your Maximum Essence points by 1 until the spell is dismissed. This spell may be dismissed by the caster at any time.
If its felt this is to potent, make it cost a permanent LP instead of essence. That will slam the brakes on its misuse.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I feel that this spell goes against the way the FH mechanics themselves are supposed to operate. One Buff. One Active skill at a time.

You should never be able to stack this on your self multiple times.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

We have had a few discussions on how we want to change it. I've listed it to see if there would be any input as to whether or not the player base thinks its balanced as is, or if y'all had suggestions on how to fix it to make it better. Some of the current thoughts are to just get rid of it, move it to advanced or something else. Personally, what I would like to do is something like..

This spell uses X essence - For every 1 essence point used, the carrying capacity of the caster is increased by 1 which only lasts during the duration of the spell. Essence points used on the spell can not be restored while the spell is active.

The wording will need to be cleaned up, but the gist is, if I want to carry an extra 5 weight, I would need to use 5 essence. While I'm carrying that extra 5 weight the spell is active (and I can't cast other spells during that time). Once I relieve myself of those 5 extra weight, I can end the spell and those 5 essence would be available to be restored.

Thoughts or any better ideas?
GarkTheEmpath
New in Town
New in Town

Post by GarkTheEmpath »

Still too new to really appreciate the impact of a bump to carried weight. That said ... seems like a non-trivial further reduction in effect (current is 4 essence for 10 weight, stackable?). So 2-3 weight per esssence spent seems closer, while avoiding whatever the issues are with actual stacking. Also wanting to keep the spell point cost in the conversation, if relative power is perceived to change?
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

I feel that this spell goes against the way the FH mechanics themselves are supposed to operate. One Buff. One Active skill at a time.

You should never be able to stack this on your self multiple times.
agreed
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Fiametta
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Fiametta »

Zydana wrote:We have had a few discussions on how we want to change it. I've listed it to see if there would be any input as to whether or not the player base thinks its balanced as is, or if y'all had suggestions on how to fix it to make it better. Some of the current thoughts are to just get rid of it, move it to advanced or something else. Personally, what I would like to do is something like..

This spell uses X essence - For every 1 essence point used, the carrying capacity of the caster is increased by 1 which only lasts during the duration of the spell. Essence points used on the spell can not be restored while the spell is active.

The wording will need to be cleaned up, but the gist is, if I want to carry an extra 5 weight, I would need to use 5 essence. While I'm carrying that extra 5 weight the spell is active (and I can't cast other spells during that time). Once I relieve myself of those 5 extra weight, I can end the spell and those 5 essence would be available to be restored.

Thoughts or any better ideas?
I like this idea a lot. I feel like an extra five per essence point is waaay too much
No, I am not an Emo-Elf despite what some people may say *glares at Eli*
ollie
Town Member
Town Member

Post by ollie »

Copy pasta from my response on FB.

My two cp on the subject. Bump it up to advanced, keep the essence reduction, ditch the self stacking.
Ta'Ruk (DECEASED)
Mikklen (DECEASED)
Vilwin bin Yusef el Selah
Hitakari Tomayoshi