Edited Rule Book

A glimpse into the process of LARP design, into the minds of the creators, and a chance to interact on a design level with the GMs--basically what we're thinking and why
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Edited Rule Book

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Will players be allowed to purchase the discipline swap out skills, in addition to the 4 other skills in the discipline, in the same manner that if they swap out a path skill (such as dropping determination for use bow) the player can spend skill points to get the original dropped skill?
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Yes, you can purchase the swap out skill at the same cost of a second level discipline skill, which of course fluctuates based upon which discipline it comes from, first, second, third, etc.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Brewer – Privileged, Common, Savage
The Brewer has trained in the art of mixing herbs to brew alchemical potions. They may exchange Herb tags for Potion tags based on their Brewing Slots. A Basic potion takes 1 Herb and 1 Brewing Slot to brew, an Advanced potion takes 2 Herbs and 2 Brewing Slots, a Master potion takes 3 Herbs and 3 Brewing Slots. Brewing Slots are replenished after Game Break, as it takes time for equipment to be cleansed and Herbs prepared. As such, a Brewer may use all their Brewing Slots to brew potions between events, picking up potions after Game On and then once again after Game Break. For herbs and potion types, see the Alchemy section p. #.
Missing page number reference (page 115)
Last edited by Kaylan Chargeender on Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

GM-Mike wrote: First off, this is not the final copy. Obviously editing will be done. The table of contents, all page numbers, many of the charts will need to be fixed, and general layout may change.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Thanks. I had done a search for "page." Didn't think about "p."
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

FYI
Empath
Basic Skills
Essence Increase – Passive Skill

Sage
Basic Skills
Martial Training – Passive skill
Should be a swap out based on chart, skill description not marked as such. Yes I know its not done being edited, just helping you make sure these get added to the TO DO list.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

are we getting a new filliable chacter sheet?
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Pg 118 -

Under White Sashing-
Shouldn't the bit about a starfish injury be under the explanation of, and rules for Starfish rather than the explanation and rules for White sash?

Reason for thought - If I wanted to look at the rules for Starfish, why would I think to look also under the rules for White Sashing for additional Starfish rules?

Side note.. When did GM change from Game Marshal to Game Master?
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Pg 130 -

The racial disciples have been left out of the "pick a discipline" chart. Add something simple like, [*Racial Discipline (listings start on pg 34)]

Also, have we dropped the requirement that in order to get access to your racial discipline and costuming life point a GM would have to have to make sure the costume was up to snuff? The only restriction I saw with the racial disciplines is "you can only choose a race specific discipline if you are of that race."

I thought we dropped racial boons and gained racial disciplines because we wanted better racial costuming. Didn't we once need approval (based on your racial costuming) to have a racial discipline and costuming life point, or have we moved away from that?

Pg 99 -
Life Points

THANK YOU for adding the bit on how to figure life points. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to that section looking for information on how to figure how much I had only to be sorely disappointed with an explanation of how I'm going to run out of these "life points" and die. THANK YOU!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Dwarf Racial Discipline

Determination - You probably no longer need to refer to the main rule book in the skill description.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Perks -

Rich & Filthy Rich - Get rid of one of them and add the (Max. 2 Times) to streamline a bit.

Roll the Corpse - I believe you've misplaced the word "time" in the description. (In the parenthesis)!

Scavenger - (I'm being a little nit-picky here) Change the wording to say "at check in" rather than "at the beginning of the event." I didn't like being told I don't get X because I didn't get it at the beginning of the event.. because I wasn't at the event yet at the beginning of the event. (Yes, this HAS happened..)

Table of Contents -
ALCHEMY - why is this the only thing in all caps? Since we no longer have an alchemist discipline and now have a "brewer" discipline, shouldn't it be labeled "Brewing Potions" ?

Shields - any significance to why it's in italics?

(sorry, I'm really bored at my work study not working on my term paper)
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Is there a benefit to having the Spy level 2 swap out skill "lie" AND the level 3 skill "total confidence?"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Thanks for all your work. I'll work on those edits in the near future. I've been meaning to change the italics on Shields for weeks now but somehow keep getting distracted and forgetting. There is not currently a lie + total confidence benefit but there should be. I hope to come up with something.
Vivac
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Vivac »

I have a question, are there any rules against using a shield and a fist? Say I take unarmed fighting and martial training, can I use them together?
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Yes, you can use those skills together