Edited Rule Book

A glimpse into the process of LARP design, into the minds of the creators, and a chance to interact on a design level with the GMs--basically what we're thinking and why
GM-Mike
GM

Edited Rule Book

Post by GM-Mike »

I'm going to draw you attention to a few changes since the last release. First, we decided to playtest Brian's Shield Rules, and those are now listed under martial training. How to calculate your shield number versus the shield's shield number is in the shield section. Because this is short notice and may result in the need to alter phys reps, this will not be enforced this event. We will measure shield users so you know your shield number and will ask that you adjust by next event.

Starting Equipment chart has changed. People who bought read/write may respend those points.

Haven has been clarified to only one active at a time.

Unarmed training states that you can swing and block damage with tiny sized weapons. If you have it twice, you may increase the size to the short category. Like shields, this may cause a change to phys reps (if you didn't want to alter your character to have the skill twice for example) and thus will not be enforced this event.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxenyvtvzi23c ... k.pdf?dl=0
Zydana
GM

Re: Edited Rule Book

Post by Zydana »

Honestly, I think that everyone should be measured for shields and there should be a spot for it on the character sheet. I know this will kinda be a bottle neck in check in, so immediate shield users should be done at check in. Everyone else can be measured as time permits when they are at NPC camp for other things or throughout the next few events.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Brilliant point!
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Instead of getting a starting gear refund for language purchase, could a player just get the new culture lore skill of that same language/race?
Wake up Spend a Hero Point to call "Lash Awaken.”
does not have..."must have skill" pre req I assume its supposed to have.
Spell Wall – Passive Skill
When hit with a game stop ability, the warrior takes the effect of the game stop ability, takes the damage if any, but nobody behind him for the distance of the spell is affected. The effect stops at the Warrior, and the Warrior can use no Resist abilities

Path Specific Heroic Actions
Warrior:
Spell-Wall: The Warrior may take up to ten steps before using this ability.
Parry/Avoid Blow: The Warrior can use this skill to avoid attacks from any direction.
I am unsure if there is even a possibility of my hypothetical occurring(parryable game stop effect), but when using spell wall. is Parry considered a resist ability?

Is the following still pertinent for FH/WH(I was told it was a CARPS carry over):
Color Coding Your Weapons
Weapons must be color coded to represent the composition of the weapon you may be using. Metal weapons may be made with gray or black duct tape. Wood weapons must be made with brown duct tape. Claws are always white and red striped, and fists are always white. Please do not use metallic silver duct tape on any weapon unless that weapon is made of silver.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

That is a CARPS carryover--we should probably remove that sometime.

The point of spell wall is that you take the effect, so no, parry cannot be used to avoid the damage.

Your assumption about lash awaken is correct. Will hopefully edit soon.

We are not offering cultural lore as a starting equipment going forward, but I have no problem offering that to those who had it as a thank-you for bearing with us.

Also, I forgot to draw your attention to the quick casting addition, which states that if you are within 30 seconds of casting/reloading a spell when a game stop effect occurs, and if that game stop does not interrupt your count, then you may immediately cast your spell during the same game stop.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

The point of spell wall is that you take the effect, so no, parry cannot be used to avoid the damage.
understood, just wasn't sure since parry isn't technically a "resist".

any decision on what happens when the call is something your immune to? (your hit with a 10 magic area effect and are immune to magic without use of a resist)?
We are not offering cultural lore as a starting equipment going forward, but I have no problem offering that to those who had it as a thank-you for bearing with us.
Just to be clear, if we created the PC with 10 starting points spent on literacy, it can be exchanged for culture lore OR removed for 10 starting points to buy form the list; but starting points can no linger be used to acquire that skill. yes?
Last edited by Kaylan Chargeender on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Jamie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Jamie »

Unarmed training states that you can swing and block damage with tiny sized weapons. If you have it twice, you may increase the size to the short category.
Unarmed Fighting - Passive Skill
This skill allows the player to wield 2 tiny sized fists. Fists cannot be disarmed. If you have Unarmed Fighting twice, you may wield short sized fists.
I appreciate the change and I hate to complain but that still doesn't actually say that you can block or that you can deal damage.
For the good of all of us... except the ones who are dead.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I will fix that in the near future. It also came to my attention that martial training is wrong in the book. It should read that to use a large shield you need the martial training skill twice. That will be fixed later tonight.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Those items have been corrected.
Jamie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Jamie »

Does a call of "1 Sleep" actually deal 1 damage, or does [number] + sleep follow the old knockout rules?
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

it actually deals damage now, so that ANY time you are hit with a number, its damage, thank goodness.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Just to be clear, if we created the PC with 10 starting points spent on literacy, it can be exchanged for culture lore OR removed for 10 starting points to buy form the list; but starting points can no linger be used to acquire that skill. yes?
Correct
any decision on what happens when the call is something your immune to? (your hit with a 10 magic area effect and are immune to magic without use of a resist)?
As of now, you take the damage no matter what. It will have to be better worded to reflect that.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

That makes me grumpy due to the logical inconsistency, but I really like the skill (both thematically, and creatively/mechanically). Ill argue for a change after using the skill during an event.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Well we'll make sure you have the opportubity to use it...over and over again.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Yeah I can just hear the car racing at me and you shouting..."SHIELD WALL...SHIELD WALL!!!"
Sir Kaylan Chargeender