Rules Release Part 2

A glimpse into the process of LARP design, into the minds of the creators, and a chance to interact on a design level with the GMs--basically what we're thinking and why
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Rules Release Part 2

Post by Ark »

not saying the original regen was not fine, but I was one of the proponents of this change. couple reasons, one of which is it brings it in line with healing and repair mechanics (those were both changed to duration per point instead of duration half/full) and the reason for that change was the idea that it was not realistic that it took the same amount of time to heal 2 life points as it did 100000000 (hyperbole large number to explain point) it is also simple to deduce that for every level of regen you have you heal 2x that amount per minute.

it also allows for more sources of regen without the problematic theory that you could get your regen time down to a ridiculously small amount of time, as the mechanics allow for a theoretical regen of full health in seconds. (in no way possibly within the system, but it was within the skill mechanics) while the new method allows for regen stacking for a benefit but makes it much more simple to track and police from an outside perspective because everyone knows you have to be away for at least a minute.

FH has been trying to simplify time mechanics, such as the original changes to healing a few years back, repair armor, regen, and the AWESOME changes to hero point time mechanics (seriously, awesome change) the last thing that I think remains is combat reflexes. . .and it is now my vendetta to bring it line as well :D

-Ark
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.