Protecting the Ancient Past

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Protecting the Ancient Past

Post by Nick »

***OOG: If you are proceeding with this adventure please at this time post your character name***
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Kolvar Syntrell
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Kolvar Syntrell »

OOG -Kolvar
GM-Sidney
New in Town
New in Town

Post by GM-Sidney »

((Ruscion))

Rusty sets his mug aside, offering a nod to the inn keeper. A stout dwarven breath is drawn before he trudges forth through the portal, his eyes squeezed shut and his breath held.
It's Sidney (Rusty).
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

OOG: Nellie Duncan
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
Morgause
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgause »

***OOG: Morgause***

Seeing Rusty pass through the portal after Gondowon and Khorvalis, the Winter Witch believes that with the parts of the entourage already committed to the journey, it is time for her to follow suit.

She waits for Nellie's signal before stepping through the magical gate. As she does, Morgause looks to Odrak and the others.

"You are joining us, aren't you?"

With those words, the Seer passes through to the forest scene beyond.
Last edited by Morgause on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars."

Lady Morgause - The Winter Witch
Daughter of the An'Irri & Oracle of the Weather Tradition
Chamberlain of the Guild of Seekers
Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Khorvalis »

(OOG- KHORVALIS)
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind
Hierophant of the Circle of the Sun
Follower of the Light and Keeper of the Sacred Flame

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
Ordrak
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Ordrak »

((OOG - Ordrak))

With a wide grin and a grunt he would make his way forward. Hearing Morgause speak he'd laugh and rolls his eyes at her. "Of course, white one. I can't leave all of the fun to you now can I!?" And with that he'd allow himself to be pushed through the portal as soon as the forest scene made its reappearance.
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

***OOG: Current list of participants***
-Kolvar
-Ruscion
-Nellie
-Morgause
-Khorvalis
-Ordrak
-Gondowon
-Eli

If there are any others you have until 9pm TONIGHT (04/14) to say so. After that time the Portal will close and I will post the next scene.
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Lee Roy Jenk... Err Eli steps up for his push.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Fey'lyn
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Fey'lyn »

**OOG - Fey'lyn - If i'm entirely too late I apologize. I'm not very comfortable writing this stuff down and i procrastinate.*** Fey'lyn entered the town and upon seeing the familiar crackle of magic coming from the direction of the tavern she broke out in a run. Afraid some other horrible event had begun while she was away. She rounded the corner in time to see her good friend Ordrak being pushed through a rough and ragged portal. She ran forward towards Nellie slightly out of breath. "May I ask what my friend has done to be sent through this scary looking portal? Also I notice that most of our friends are gone and if they've headed off on an adventure I'd be more that willing to join, as anything i've been involved here in Brennondale has been interesting to say the least.
Gondowon T. Falbor
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gondowon T. Falbor »

*OOG - Gondowon Tedra Falbor*

*Many apologies for being so late to post my name.*
"The road an adventurer walks has no destination, yet they reach places no one else can dream of reaching." - Gondowon Tedra Falbor
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

Before making her own step through, Nellie raises an eye at the out-of-breath traveler. "The scary portal is just unstable transport. I'm not sure who all your missing friends are, but a lot of the Red Wind and Order of the Sun groups have volunteered to help me out with monster destruction and thievery in a city far from here. The timing is tricky, but I can help you through to join the others, if you want," and proceeds to do just that before making her own way through with a final shout - "See you in Blackwatch if I live, Kaylan!"
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Eli turns around (after his turn through the portal). "Wait, Kaylan didn't come? Who's going to keep us from doing something... well dumb?"
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

-Most times portal travel is just another everyday thing. Like walking on a very long road. Occasionally there is a sickness of the essence, but most times it's a rather dull and uneventful affair. Such is not the case for this portal jaunt. Though everyone finds themselves in the proper location, a great forested area somewhere mildly familiar on Nellie's map, it would never by any means be called a "dull" experience. There is a sense that the portal, or something within it tears at the flesh as the merry band passes through it's ragged depths. And lo, once on the other side they can see the damage wrought but the unstable portal.

None of the travelers are without a cut or a gash, ugly wounds upon having formed on their bodies. Clothes are torn, dents appear in armor and shields. It's a nasty affair, and everyone for the first few minutes after coming out feel incredibly drained. It's almost as if everyone's essence took more of a beating than their bodies did. Behind them that horrible doorway sputters and sparks, throwing out jolts of lightning that scorch the very air. Then with a loud "POP!" it snaps shut, closed both here and in Brennondale.

They are all together, the sounds of the forest surrounding them. A bit of calm after whatever hellish maw it was they just passed through.-

***EVERYONE HAS TAKEN (3) DAMAGE, AND HAS BEEN STRUCK WITH "SCORCH (REDUCING ESSENCE POINTS TO ZERO)"***
IF YOU HAVE SPOT
As you passed through the portal there were shadows, shapes reaching out for you...brushing against you where your injuries are...
IF YOU HAVE IMPROVED SPOT
You almost screamed. Horrors, hidden between worlds lashed out at you with limbs and claws and teeth. You saw them, every horrid detail, and the savage beating they gave you on your way through the portal!
IF YOU HAVE SENSE MAGIC
Shapes in the darkness of the void, moving to and fro. You could sense them as you moved through the portal to your destination...
IF YOU HAVE GREATER SENSE MAGIC
Their auras so intense, you almost screamed when they approached. Wretched, angry, evil things between worlds. The horrors locked beyond the portals, reaching out for you, ripping at horribly!
IF YOU HAVE VISIONS
You take a moment after leaving the portal, bringing a hand to your head. You see them, between the worlds, watching with hungry eyes and gnashing teeth. And they'll be waiting for you when you head back...
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Morgause
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgause »

Morgause emerges from the portal, her fine robes bare the marks of claws and blood... her blood. Before she even realizes that she has been injured, she sees the rest of her companions pass through the gate to the other side.

"Nellie, what kind of dark magicks have you conjured here?"

Feeling weak and bleeding, the Seer struggles to stand.

"Our travel through the gate is unlike any I've ever experienced before... In the shadows... monsters, vile creatures. They've drained me of my essence, my vitality..."

Morgause struggles to finish her sentence but falls to the ground. She reaches out a slender alabaster arm in hopes someone will catch her.
"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars."

Lady Morgause - The Winter Witch
Daughter of the An'Irri & Oracle of the Weather Tradition
Chamberlain of the Guild of Seekers