Captured! (Online Adventure)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Captured! (Online Adventure)

Post by GM-Brad »

We'll say that the monster (Travis/isho) killed a particularly nasty lieutenant. By my count, that's 2 lieutenants, 3 grunts, and Bolg that are down.

The 2 sage buffs don't stack, but we'll say Khorvallis's will affect the PCs and Gondowon's will affect the prisoners for the next cycle of rounds. After you've all had a chance to act (and before the next cycle of rounds), I'll give an update of how the prisoners are fairing, and what destruction Morguase's dominated Depraved is doing.
Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Khorvalis »

As Khovalis quickly assesses Kaylan's wounds, he sees Gondowon dispatch several of the Depraved grunts... Although his form is anything but finessed, the Master Sage of the Redwind's technique is nonetheless effective.

Khorvalis' spirits are heightened even further as he sees Gondowon bolster the courage of the slaves to rise up and take arms against their monstrous captors.

Despite all the chaos ensuing around him, the druid's attention is drawn to his fellow Ga'vin, as Mahto bravely faces the Depraved slave master off in the distance.

Khorvalis' heart beats ever stronger as he fears for his comrade... but he knows Mahto is strong. A seasoned warrior, mighty as any Firewalker the Hierophant has ever met during his long life.

The old druid whispers a prayer under his breath... for the health of Kaylan and the safety of Mahto as the younger Ga'vin throws his pick-axe at Bolg.

As Mahto's strike hits it's mark and slays the Depraved slaver, Khorvalis rejoices: "That will show the Depraved that the crew of the Redwind is a force to be reckoned with!"

Khorvalis' scarred face smiles at Mahto and Gondowan... and then scours the room to see what his captain, Zandron, will do next.
Last edited by Khorvalis on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind
Hierophant of the Circle of the Sun
Follower of the Light and Keeper of the Sacred Flame

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
Zandron
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Zandron »

Time seems to slow for the drunken elf, centuries of reflexes kicking in as his allies and enemies alike lunge forward to clash in battle.

"Clearing!" He calls, lunging for the pile of gear. A spear snaps up to greet him, but with a leap, twist, and spin, he denies the greeting. Spotting a pressure plate upon the floor, Zandron hurls his pick. As it clatters across the floor, the remaining spears spring up from the ground and are still.

"Still pointy, but safe," he chuckles, waltzing towars the pile amid the chaos of battle and retrieving first his hat, then coat, then blades and a number of daggers.

As Mahto barely parties Bolg's strike, Zandron surveys the battle. His eyes fall upon a precariously placed sled, and a grin tugs at his lips.

Not wanting to distract his former first mate, captain Z calls out: "Gondowon!" He steps up onto the sled as the sage's bloodshot eyes go wide. Before Gondowon can respond, Zandron calls again: "Watch this."

With a shove, Zandron dislodges the sled and sends it flying toward the closest lieutenant. He ducks below a stalactite, pushes once more for greater speed, then leaps from the racing sled just before it slams against a boulder. Zandron arcs through the air, rolls silently to absorb the impact, and springs forward at the beast, blade leading. [Dice=10+1 weapons+1sled -2 lieutenant=10, defeated]

The poor guy never saw it coming, and by the time Zandron's blade erupted from his mouth, he was dead.

Zandron throws a wink and begins a wave to Gondowon, when he spots something out of the corner of his eye. He yelps, and drops like a stone, his weapons clattering as Mahto's pick spins overhead to lodge deep within Bolg.

Zandron nods proudly, then rises with haste."Press attack!" He rallies his men, sprinting towards one of the remaining lieutenants. "Take the head, and any beast dies."

Zandron kicks the thing's blade aside, blades wheeling to slash at his opponent's exposed arms and legs. With no blade to parry his blows, the lieutenant's throat is an easy target. [Dice=4, Reroll =8+3 dual wield +1 gear -2 lieutenant= 10, defeated]

Zandron glances around for the next best challenge.
Cap'n Z
The Redwind
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

All 4 lieutenants are dead. Also, when the shield is removed from Kaylan's arm, he slowly starts to recover.
Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Khorvalis »

After seeing his captain's impressive feat of agility and deadly skill, Khorvalis begins to think of taking up drinking to improve his effectiveness in battle... but then immediately dismisses such a thought.

The druid remembers his age. :drinking:

"My years of brazen fighting are long behind me," Khorvalis thinks to himself. "Best to leave the swordplay and swashbuckling for the younger, more capable ones."

The elder Ga'vin raises his torch high in Zandron's direction, a show of solidarity and respect for the elven captain.
Last edited by Khorvalis on Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

(((nice job guys....just checking in to say hi and post cause Angie wont let me do anything until i post)))
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
potentiallydead
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by potentiallydead »

Fibble scampers toward the equipment pile and just manages to evade the spear trap (Disarm). He jams the pick into the trap mechanism, disarming it permanently.

Fibble straps on his knives and turns to the nearest Depraved grunt.

"Oh! Aren't ye a sore sight for eyes! Let's add a little color to your world. How's about red?"

Fibble executes an elaborate whirling maneuver under the Depraved grunt's swing that ends with a dagger slid between grunt's ribs. The grunt topples into Fibble, pinning his legs. Fibble's dagger is still stuck in the grunt. (Elaborate maneuver - Roll: 9 +5 +1=victory, but out for Round 3)

"Oh, bugger me!"
Morgause
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgause »

From her hiding place, Morgause rips a portion from her skirt and fashions a make-shift tourniquet. She immediately ties it around her thigh, above her bloody wound.

She raises her eyes to see what Paer'an will do, but something flies through the air, past the Lightning Rider, before bouncing off the icy floor several times.

The round object rolls by her feet and startles the Seer. It looks wet and smells fetid.

Morgause peers closer at it and gasps. It's the dismembered head of one of the Depraved lieutenants. Disgusted, she kicks it away from her, daintily.

The Winter Witch turns her head to see where the body part came from. Following the trail of blood a bits of flesh left behind by the lieutenant's head, it leads her to a gory sight several yards away.

Her eyes widen with curiosity and awe as she spies the Gargoyle rending apart yet another Depraved. What a sheer display of power as it tears flesh and sinew from Depraved bones!

As the rock-beast feasts on it's victim's flesh, Morgause cannot help but think - it's a good thing this creature is on our side.

The Gargoyle devours the Depraved corpse and the sigils carved in it's stony skin begin to glow. Morgause sees how the beast's wounds begin to heal. This is magic that the Seer has witnessed before... or so she thinks.

The Winter Witch is enthralled by this strange and gruesome sight. Morgause says to to herself, "Fascinating..."
"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars."

Lady Morgause - The Winter Witch
Daughter of the An'Irri & Oracle of the Weather Tradition
Chamberlain of the Guild of Seekers
Gondowon T. Falbor
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gondowon T. Falbor »

As Gondowon rallies his comrades and the prisoners, he hears a familiar voice call out above the noise of combat. He turns, wide-eyed, to see Captain Zandron perform a needlessly elaborate maneuver atop a sled of some kind and jump-strike a lieutenant, slaying it instantly.

The sage wobbles for a moment, trying to process exactly what the tactical benefit of him seeing the death of one of the more powerful foes could mean. Does this mean he wants me to push forward? Is he trying to show me a new technique? Perhaps he's trying to show me that he's in a better position now, and wishes for me to aid him-

He then spots the man wink and wave. A split second later, all of Gondowon's extraneous and overthought ideas flee his mind as clarity hits him, and he remembers who he's dealing with. He groans and rolls his eyes, shouting back to his Captain.

"You're just showing off to me because no one else would watch you!!!" he calls out, clearly annoyed by how flippant his friend is being in the middle of a serious battle.
"The road an adventurer walks has no destination, yet they reach places no one else can dream of reaching." - Gondowon Tedra Falbor
Phinkis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Phinkis »

Phinkis rushes over to gather spell components and ignores combat all together.

With components in hand the magus decided to take advantage of the surrounding ice and casts attack of the elements. Unfortunately he can only strike one grunt without harming anyone else.
Cast a spell. 5+(5+1)=11 Defeated.

Realizing that large scale spells may not be the best course Phinkis switches tactics and throws a small ball of energy at another grunt.
Essence Blast. 2+(5+6)=13 Defeated.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

((OOC - Brian! That's NOT a post! .. sheesh. Okay, time to try to catch up myself here.))

The female Valkin'Vi watches as Paer'An scolds the guthrie (back when we were in the other chamber) and then watches the ordeal with freeing Morgause. She seems to take particular fascination with Gondowon's drunken determination.

She follows behind Paer'An as they exit to the tunnel and come to the cavernous room with the depraved. While others are assessing the room of the bell and enemies, she seems more concerned with avoiding the droplets of water from the icicles.

A loud, startling noise (the bell) brings her attention back to the situation at hand. Depraved are rushing towards them. She moves to position herself behind Paer'An for protection.

Round 1 - Ignore Combat (No option, but I'm taking it anyways!) No Roll.

She surveys the situation to see Kaylan bleeding out the everything and Phinkis seems to be doing fine. Her hands begin to glow as she makes her way to where Khorvalis is dragging Kaylan.

Round 2 - Move Swiftly to Kaylan (again, no option for this.) No Roll.

As Kaylan has been slumped against the wall, the Valkin'Vi in the purple robe puts herself between Khorvalis and the dwarf and kneels. She places her glowing hands on the sides of Kaylan's head.

Round 3 - Delay to heal ally or self with potion or skill (in a somewhat passive-aggressive manner) No Roll.
Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Khorvalis »

Khorvalis sees Kami make her way towards him and Kaylan.

He prays that the Valkin'vi woman does not get struck by Depraved lurking in the shadows.

Kami is quick though, like a divine wind. As she reaches Kaylan, the druid knows what she will do.

He nods at the Valkin'vi as if to say "thank you" - But he knows that Kami will not reply to him let alone pay him any attention.

Then at his feet, he sees Kaylan's body begin to move, ever so slightly.

Khorvalis breathes a sigh of relief at the sight, knowing that the dwarf is still alive.
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind

Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

After freeing Morgause, her embrace catches Paer' An' off guard. He makes no move to return the affection, and when she whisper's into his ear he uses the Guthrie's actions as an excuse to put distance between himself and her. Heading down the tunnel, he makes sure to position himself in front of Kami and Morgause. When the group reaches the cavern, he takes a few seconds to plan his course of action. As the others rush off in different directions, he sees the pile of equipment and rushes over to retrieve his gear. He watches the Guthrie disarm the spear trap before arming himself

Retrieve Gear

He takes his time, making sure every piece of armor is properly adjusted before putting on the next. The action swirls around him, but he pays no attention to it. He glances up to make sure Kami and Morgause remain more or less whole, but makes no movement to help or hinder

No Action

As the fighting unfolds around him, he positions himself in front of Kami and makes no action unless provoked

No Action
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Morgause
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgause »

Morgause embraces the Lightning Rider but feels that the interaction is one-sided... but why?

She sees Paer'an rush to the Guthrie to scold it... THAT'S WHY!

The Winter Witch secretly sneers at Fibble, totally forgetting about her wounded leg. Her jeweled forehead begins to glow an angry red.

The Seer debates on siccing her dominated Depraved on the pesky Hobbit for ruining her moment, but dismisses the frivolous thought.

Instead she composes herself and commands her charmed monster to rend the closest enemy, limb from limb.

Frustrated, Morgause picks up her bloodied spear and limps further behind Paer'an... closer to Khorvalis and Kami, those who can heal.

She says to Kami in their native tongue, "Fret not, sister. No Valkin'vi will perish here this day. The stars have whispered to me, and so it must be so..."

Morgause strains to defensively extend the spear before her and Kami, "As for the others, I cannot be as certain... their fates are not yet known to me."

Wounded but resolute, the Winter Witch braces herself for the next wave of combat.
Last edited by Morgause on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars."

Lady Morgause - The Winter Witch
Daughter of the An'Irri & Oracle of the Weather Tradition
Chamberlain of the Guild of Seekers
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

When the bell is stopped by Khorvalis, those prisoners with collars slowly start to recover, and the shield, which had been humming as if in unison, stops moving as well.

Three of the Depraved grunts run to the fallen Bolg and remove the pickaxe embedded in his heart. To your horror, the massive blob of a creature seems to be regenerating. They roll him onto one of the large sleds, the one with the books. And, even though nothing is pulling it, the sled takes off under its own power as if by magic. Before you can reach them, they zip away through an icy tunnel, a few books flying out in their wake. Though now is not the time to investigate. The battle continues.

The prisoners, emboldened by Gondowon's words, manage to take down 2 of the Depraved, and the dominated Depraved takes down another. That leaves 13 grunts left. You may each take combat rounds again until the enemies are gone (just start at round one again). You've gotten a chance to study your enemy, which explains your foreknowledge of certain choices.

You have +2 to all your rolls from Khorvalis's buff, and an additional +1 if you have retrieved your gear (or you are using Bolg's hammer). The traps surrounding the gear have been disarmed. Kaylan can join in now, too, Brian, if you want.