Reunited ("Action is the sole..." Read Disclaimer)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Reunited ("Action is the sole..." Read Disclaimer)

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

**Boxcars! 4 and 4**
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Upon Abaddon mentioning that she'll probably be coming with, the Valkin'Vi woman closes her eyes and nods slowly. She watches Abaddon and Kaylan take the pipe in turn. She gives a slight bow to Meteora as she takes the pipe into her hand. She draws out three short puffs before making a choking sound. She coughs an array of green sparks. She looks to Meteora with some concern. After a few deep breaths in and out, she attempts again. This time with more success. She bows again to Meteora, but this time more deeply as she returns the pipe, much in the fashion as one may do when presenting a sword as a gift.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

*6 and 2 for 8*
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

Meteor takes the pipe back from Kami reverentially. “You now have one foot in the grave. Be careful.”

Those turned to smoke slip in. If you rolled a 4 or above, you realize you only have a few minutes before you turn solid again. If you rolled a 3 or below, however, you
remain as smoke. PM me. You cannot touch anything as smoke, but you can explore inside the tent briefly and take up positions.

Those who have taken the pipe go to the thread “As smoke" briefly: http://www.finalhavenlarp.com/phpBB2/vi ... f=6&t=6632
Then come back here.
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

For everyone:

Once solid, Kaylan opens the door for everyone else. Wood elves and guards follow you all inside.

The inside of the tent is massive and luxurious. Wooden pillars support the ceiling far above, and ringing the edge of the large room are eight adjoining chambers each blocked from view by a curtain. In the central area are tables laden with treasure, coins and gems that have been passed around, maps and scrolls marked with trade agreements and business secrets. The room is full of people. You walk in on chaos.

At one circular table alone sits Lhawean, very pleased. He is the only elf merchant present; Ruinor is nowhere to be seen. The merchants of the other races have lined up to give him things, and order is being barely maintained by a few elven guards. Attendants and spectators alike stare in horror, for the possessed merchants themselves insist it’s their own will, and shoo away any interference. One Valkyn’Vi guard has been knocked out.

A human dignitary loads bags into a chest as directed by Lhaewan while another signs papers furiously. One dwarf is in the process of taking off all his clothes. A Valkyn’Vi woman, the twin of Meteora, is shouting out at the top of her lungs what she says are important secrets: “Master Lhawean! Beware the truth in the Forlorn Throne Room! Kissing an Emberly Trout will extend your life by 20 years! Bet the number 8 on the Gnomish Wheel of Death! Etc., etc.”

The dwarf Ondyaw Diamondsmith has apparently given himself entirely, for his feet can be seen sticking up out of a deep chest in which the rest of him is stuck….which might explain why teleporting to him was problematic. One dwarf guard is trying to pull him out.

When Lhaewan notices you, he silently mouths the word, “no,” and stands. He does not appear as frail as he did earlier. His cheeks have a healthy, almost magical glow.

“What madness is this?” says Galadhorn. “We came here in good faith. And you possess these people? For money? For advantageous business rights in the Wild Lands? That’s insanity. Where’s Ruinor?”

Lhaewan once more slips an orb out of his pocket in lieu of a tongue: “Ruinor is safe. And, on the contrary, I find this very sane. I am owed this and more for the hardships I’ve faced these last years! Anyone who is not an elf hates us! They are just waiting for the opportunity to makes us pay. Well, I’ve finally found the means to make them pay! No lives lost, just the servitude we deserve from the war we should have won. These coins are just the start. It’s a shame there’s not enough ore to give one to every member of each dumb, sub-species out there. Or at the very least, all the dwarves and humans. But, with time, we can spread the coins around. That’s the beauty of economics. Money travels.”

Bregolon steps forward, outraged. “Master Lhaew- no, Master no longer. I served you in good faith for years. You took me in, even though I was half-human. No one else would! I thought you accepted me…”

“No one would trust a half-human, boy. Humans tortured me. I simply chose you because your human side could be controlled. I see you’ve grown rebellious, bringing allies and our filthy forest cousins with you. But you still owe me service! “

At that the orb sparks and all braziers snuff out. The room goes pitch black,

“You are surrounded,” says Galadhorn, but his words are drowned out by rumbling. The lights come back to reveal gold artifacts all about the room growing and changing into gold golems. A chalice bubbles and grows legs. A gold backed mirror is suddenly ten times its size and sprouts arms. Etc.

Lhaewan is gone. Bregolon is missing too. You are fairly certain they did not leave through the main door; you blocked the exit, so they must be hidden in one of the 8 adjoining rooms.
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

There are 20 ‘gold golems,’ and 5 elf guards to fight. You have some assistance, though. A few wood elves and guards from outside fight with you (I'll let you know how the battle goes for them), but they are clearly not as skilled.

You may each fight up to three rounds (stop whenever you like). Describe your battle.

If you take a “Wound” three times, you will need Surgery (or die). Take one or two Wounds, you are fine (no mechanical disadvantage). After combat is over, as long as you are alive, any Healing (or regeneration) will remove all Wounds. After everyone has acted, if there are any monsters left you may all do another three rounds. Repeat.

Before each round, decide if you are 1) fighting a golem, 2) fighting an elf guard, or 3) looking in one of the side rooms instead of fighting. If you do the last, consult the instructions in the post that follows this one. You may do something different each round.

Galadhorn reminds some of a discovery: "Magic against those golems sometimes has a delayed effect. You'll take a pummeling, for they seem resistant, but it's powerful later..." Indicate if you are using magic in your post; I'll let you know if and when a delayed effect kicks in.

For those who fight.

Round one:

First decide if you are fighting a golem or an elf guard, then choose one of the following and reveal it.
charge ahead at full speed
+2
overhead swing.
+1
Feint.
+3
Press your opponent to the ground -skill required
+4
pick up a brazier and attack with that
+1
Cut the tent wall to fall on your opponent
The wall doesn't cut. It reacts like steel rather than cloth. -2 this round.
Furious assault --Rage required.
+5 but you take a Wound in the process.
Disenchant --skill required.
+5 against a golem or +2 against an elf. Either way, it weakens your opponent's armor
Fire Arrows from afar --archer required
+3, and you will not be wounded regardless of result
Attack from behind --basic critical strike required
+3
Lesser Channel Magic --skill required
+4.
greater Channel Magic --skill required
+8, but it takes time. Skip round two and go to round three
wait in the shadows
Your opponent passes you by. Neither you nor your opponent hit this round. Additional +3 to next round's choice when you jump out and surprise them.
Fear -skilled required
No effect on a golem. +5 to an elf.
Disarm- skilled required
You either cut off an golem's arm, or knock a weapon out of an elf's hands. Either way, +3 this round, and an additional +3 to next rounds choice to the same opponent if you don't defeat him this round

Roll two dice (http://www.random.org/dice/), add or subtract the modifier from your choice above, then add these additional modifiers:
+1 for weapon specialization (or anything akin to it).
+1 if you are wearing armor of any kind.
-3 if you are using magic of any kind against a golem.
-5 if you are attacking Lhaewan (only available if he has been discovered first). Lhaewan requires two successful "defeats" to finish off.

10 or higher= you defeat your opponent.
7-9 = neither you nor your opponent do significant damage.
6 or less = your opponent ‘Wounds’ you.

Round Two:

First decide if you are fighting a golem or an elf guard, then choose one of the following and reveal it.
spin and strike
+2
use an old family fighting trick
From the deep recesses of your family history, you pull out something amazing... +4
summersault and strike
This is actually highly ineffective. -2 this round. But, your opponents take a moment to wonder what the heck you are doing. Take an additional +2 next round.
Hit to the gut
+3
Blood curdling battle cry
+1 against a golem, but +4 against an elf
Parry, then strike --Parry required.
+1, and you will not be Wounded regardless of result.
Cast Attack of the elements --spell required
Your spell catches two of them! Roll twice on the table below, +3 to the 1st attack, and +5 to the 2nd.
Cast a spell other than attack of the elements --Wizard required
If it is an area or line spell, you effect two targets. +5 this round. Describe your spell. If it's non-damaging, this is an indicator for how effective it is.
Shatter --skill required.
+8 against a golem or +2 if against an elf when it destroys his weapon. Either way, you are identified as a target and are swarmed. -3 to next round.
Wait for the perfect moment --Master Critical Strike or Touch of Death required.
+8. But it takes time. Skip the 3rd round.
Block --Defensive Matrix required-- then strike.
+1, and you will not be Wounded regardless of result.
Pummel them into the earth -crush required
+5 against a golem or +3 against an elf
Lead your opponent on a merry chase -Flee required
Neither you nor your opponent hit this round. But, your opponent does crash into a pillar. And additional +2 to next round if against the same opponent.

Roll two dice (http://www.random.org/dice/), add or subtract the modifier from your choice above, then add these additional modifiers:
-5 if you are attacking Lhaewan (only available if he has been discovered first). Lhaewan requires two successful "defeats" to finish off.

Round three

swing low.
+3
Heavy overhanded swing.
+2
Tackle your opponent.
+1 unless you have Press, then +3 instead
Precise thrust
You aim for something vital. +2
The old one-two punch
I have no idea what the 'the old one-two punch' is, exactly. Maybe you can describe it in your post. Whatever it is, it is effective. +3
Curl into a ball and pray for death
Did you really choose this? Congratulations! It throws off your opponent. +3 this round.
interrogate a fallen opponent- skill required
Still roll for combat this round as others attack you while you work. +0. This will not work on a golem. Will only work if you or someone else has already defeated an elf guard. When the next cycle of combat rounds happens again you must sit out the first two rounds. I will tell you the result of your interrogation then.
Evade.
Don’t roll. Neither you nor your opponent hit.
Double Strike--duel wield required.
+3, Roll again if you do not like the first result. Keep the best of the two.
taunt, then attack --skill required
Taunting a golem doesn’t have an effect. -1 to a golem. Taunting an elf does. +4 to an elf
cast sleep-skill required
-2 against a golem, but +5 against an elf
Sneak up from behind--knock out required.
-2 if against a golem, +4 if against an elf.
Lesser Channel Magic --skill required
+3.
Delay to Heal one person, self or ally, with potion or skill.
You wait. Do not roll for combat. When everyone has completed three rounds, you may heal one person of all Wounds before combat begins again.
Delay to Heal multiple people with mass heal
Wait till everyone else has acted, then you may step in to heal up to three people. You heal all Wounds. If you go to heal more than two people, however, you get caught yourself in the thick of battle. Roll for one combat round at -2. If you heal two or fewer people do not roll for combat.
Delay to Buff all with sage buff.
+0. You are still attacked. But, when everyone has completed three rounds, inform them they have +2 to combat for the next three rounds.

GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

For those searching the tent:

In each of the 3 rounds, instead of fighting, you may choose to search for Lhaewan or Bregolon instead. There is a small chance you may still be attacked on your way. Roll two dice (http://www.random.org/dice/), on a roll of 4 or higher you avoid combat. On a roll of 3 or less you are attacked by a golem; roll again for combat and use the post above for whatever round this is (selecting an action, etc.) but with an additional -3 to your choice since you are caught by surprise.

If you are not attacked, then you may choose one of the following below and reveal it:
Go into Adjoining Room 1.
This room is filled with weaponry. Spears, swords, etc. line the walls in racks. but nothing special. You do not find anyone in here.
Go into Adjoining Room 2.
This is a large sleeping quarters for servants. Many beds are on the floor, but no people.
Go into Adjoining Room 3.
This room contains a large glowing sphere on a pedestal. Otherwise, it is empty. It is similar to Lhaewan's sphere, but much bigger. You realize it controls the magic of the tent. If you are an Empath or Wizard you may use it to make the steel like walls or ceiling of the tent collapse on opponents temporarily. You may make attack rounds at +6 (Ignore choosing hidden text) when you have attack rounds.
Go into Adjoining Room 4.
This room is a kitchen. Servants –mostly elves- are running in a panic here. A golem attacks here. Take one combat round for whatever round this is on the combat post above.Your battle spills out into the main room, so post where others can read.
Go into Adjoining Room 5.
This room appears to be large storage room. There are 3 large chests here filled mostly with winter cloths. If you have pick simple locks you may take 25 silver that you discover in the leftmost chest here (let me know).
Go into Adjoining Room 6.
This room is a storage room. A rack lines the wall with dozens of rolled up scrolls. You see Lhawean and Bregolon here! Lhaewan appears to be riffling through the case searching, but when he is discovered, he bolts back into the main room. You may take an attack round against Lhaewan for whatever round this is. Copy and paste what follows for everyone else to read: Lhaewan runs back into the main room clutching a scroll. Bregolon stays near to him, step for step, unbound, but his face reveals his utter agony at doing so. His body is clearly acting against his will, but he cannot resist."The others have not been effected long enough for this sort of obedience, but you have, Bregolon," says Lhaewan's orb. "Protect me." Lhaewan traces the scroll with his fingers and it somehow releases its magic. He now wears a glowing, second skin. It takes 2 successful hits (or 'defeats') to finish off Lhaewan, and all combat against him is at -5 due to Bregolon getting in the way (as noted in the combat post). If you make one successful attack against Lhawean, instead of wounding him you may grab Bregolon and restrain him (your attack being merely a feint), at which point future battles against Lhwean will be without the -5 penalty.
Go into Adjoining Room 7.
This room is lined with racks of clothing. One wardrobe is open just a crack. Peeking inside you see the slumped body of a richly dressed elf, alive, but unconscious and tied up. For those who have seen him before, you recognize Ruinor! You may release him, but it requires an Awaken to awaken him.
Go into Adjoining Room 8.
This room contains a small furnace, tools, and various molds for shaping gold or silver into different common items (cups, broaches, earrings). Its not a complete workshop, but rather the bare essentials. Right now, the furnace is not lit. But, there is gold statue that has transformed into a golem in here. Take one combat round for whatever round this is on the combat post above. Your battle spills out into the main room, so post where others can read.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

The old in the in mask looks at the army of golden golems and smirks.
"Lhaewan, you have made a mistake many elves make. You assume that your people are the masters of magic. You have a long and storied blah blah bah. Look. You may not have been in magical combat with the a crippled old Valyn'vi who
earned his spells in blood."

The old man touches a wrinkled beholder eye on his cheat and a ray of unmagic hits two of the golems.
disenchant 2 +5
8 + 5 = 13. 2 golems wounded.

"I appreciate you bringing some friends to help us fight you. Stupid elf. Anything you conjure belogs to me. I am Abaddon. Maybe you've heard."
The old man closes his hands and blows spiders onto the frames of two differen golems. the spiders break through the gold and they golems stop on a dime.

10 + 5 -3 = 12 2 dominated

The golems turn and each grab one elven guard. Purple lightning licks from the mask of the old man and arcs around the elves held by golden golems.

+3 +4 6 = 13 wounded elf

+5 +4 9= 18 wounded elf.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

Travis, if you split your controlled golems to attack two targets, it's just +2 apiece. You've still rolled enough to defeat them both, though. The rest of you witness several area effect disenchants/spells (despite resistances) go off...
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

*When Kaylan's eyes adjust to the returning light, he steps out to ready himself to face the advancing automaton horde. The burly dwarven knight shouts to those behind himself and Abaddon.*

"Search the side rooms. Find Lhaewan! He is likely there where there is
a large glowing sphere on a pedestal similar to his speaking sphere, or in that chamber which houses racks with dozens of rolled up scrolls."

*Kalyn gestures to antechamber 3 and 6 respectively, then turns to rush the golems closing to his right. At first it seems odd to any wise in the fighting arts that he leaves his back exposed to several of the monstrosities as he rushes in. As they close behind him and reach out to strike, he skids to an abrupt stop and swings his hammer around behind him with a grunt, the blow connecting the lead golem in the chest with such force that it nearly explodes; the sound of hammer on creature so sharp and loud it causes a ringing in the ears of anyone close. His maneuver also pulls him around to face the golems chasing him, a "fox in the hen house" grin sports from his lips.*
Round One total.....17=(6+5)+3(Feint)+2(armor/weapon focus)+1(plot damage enhancer)

*Kaylan hears the wizards monologue, and watches as the desicated trinket blasts a pair of the golems. The warrior nods impressed.*

"I have GOT to find myself one of those! But lest see how they like grandfathers old stand by for being so outnumbered"

*Kaylan spreads his arms wide, shield and hammer parallel to the ground, as he sinks into a deep crouch. The weathered dwarf waits until a pair of the hulk close to within inches from grabbing at him and launches himself up and driving his shield right into the necks of the foes and his hammer left into the skulls; the maneuver decapitating the pair who then tumble over backwards causing those behind to retreat a step.*
Round Two total.....10/10=(4+1)+2/2(use an old family fighting trick)+2(armor/weapon focus)+1(plot damage enhancer)
*Kaylan lands near yet another gold menace, his shield in front of him and his hammer raised high overhead. With a feral howl he slams the hammer down into the chest of the moving metal statue and opens a rift that splits its torso from shoulder to waist, felling it in two different directions.*
Round Three total.....10=(2+3)+2(Heavy overhanded swing)+2(armor/weapon focus)+1(plot damage enhancer)
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

Alinar is about to dart back outside to check if Lhaewan is attempting to escape from a secret exit, but Kaylan's details about rooms 3 and 6 change his mind. He moves instead toward room three, but his hesitation allows for a golem to loom up before him.

(Roll 1 and 2 for Elf out of Luck)

But the lumbering giant is but a minor distraction for a nimble Elf in no mood for a fight. Alinar feints to the left and dodges to the right to pass easily around its clumsy frame and slides quickly inside the third chamber.

(Roll 2 and 3 +3 for Feint to pass the golem)

(Roll 6 and 6 to reach the chamber)

The sphere within was typical of High Elven dwelling controls. With that Lhaewan could have readily transformed the tent walls back to simple cloth and escaped, but he apparently had not come this way. Simple escape from the tent did not seem his plan - placing extra importance on finding him as quickly as possible.

Alinar sprinted from chamber three for Chamber six...

(Roll of 5 & 1 to get to chamber six)

... and passes safely across the tent.

There, Lhaewan appears to be riffling through the case searching, but when he is discovered, he bolts back for the main room. Bregolon moves before him, clearly defending Lhaewan against his will. Seeing this, Alinar dismisses the gathered magical power in his right hand at the last second and attempts to tackle Bregolon aside. The change in tactics leaves Alinar off-balance, allowing a grimacing Bregolan to impale his charging ally, instead.

(Roll 6 and 1 +1 for tackle -5 for Bregolon = argh)

The ambassador falls to his knees while Lhaewan runs back into the main room clutching a scroll. Bregolon stays near to him, step for step, unbound, but his face reveals his utter agony at doing so. His body is clearly acting against his will, but he cannot resist.

"The others have not been effected long enough for this sort of obedience, but you have, Bregolon," says Lhaewan's orb. "Protect me."

Lhaewan traces the scroll with his fingers and it somehow releases its magic. He now wears a glowing, second skin. It takes 2 successful hits (or 'defeats') to finish off Lhaewan, and all combat against him is at -5 due to Bregolon getting in the way (as noted in the combat post). If you make one successful attack against Lhaewan, instead of wounding him you may grab Bregolon and restrain him (your attack being merely a feint), at which point future battles against Lhaewan will be without the -5 penalty.
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

Lhawean has been found, so you may now choose to fight him on any round. Doug has pasted (and nicely integrated) my information about him above (thank you Doug), but to reiterate in case it isn't clear, Bregolon has been compelled to defend against his will. You may use any successful attack against Lhawean to instead capture (or strike down, your choice) Bregolon, making all future attacks by anyone against Lhawean easier (no -5 modifier).
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

((Did we lose Cirrus, Nell, Faust, Janus , and Keaton? I am still waiting for them to take 1st round actions.))
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

I believe Faust and Janus are still with us. Let's give them a few more days.
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

I think several days is more than enough time. We need to move on or we'll never finish this.