"Action is the s..." Elf Tents (read disclaimer)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

"Action is the s..." Elf Tents (read disclaimer)

Post by GM-Brad »

Stop! This is a subsection of the "Action is the sole medium of expression for ethics" story thread. Read that thread first! Only if you have been directed to come here in that thread (it'll give you the choice) should you read what follows and post in this thread.
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Re: "Action is the sole..." Elf Tent (read by invitation onl

Post by GM-Brad »

There are several elf servants, all finely dressed. If you try to speak with them:
Read only if you are a high elf
They converse freely. They’ve seen no one out of the ordinary pass by, but they’re on edge. One servant, Ademon, never returned from the human market this morning.
Read only if you are dwarf, dark elf, or wood elf
They refuse to even look at you, let alone talk to you.
Read if you are any other race
The servants say they’ve seen no one out of the ordinary pass by. They’ve been too busy setting up tents.
Afterwards, regardless of race, the servants finally explain that both merchant Lhaewan and Galadhon were temporarily called away, and only Ruinor is presently here. If you’re determined enough, they will admit you into his tent, if you wish. Fine tapestries, furniture, and plants line the inside. Ruinor is wearing decorative gold chains and looks up from a desk.
Read only if you have spent time in SylVanDar as an ambassador
You recognize him has the former SylVanDar Minister of Tax, though the two of you have never spoken.
“I don’t have time for this. Who are you?” He looks over your clothes and finds them lacking, regardless of any finery. “A dirty face. No chains of sale? Show me your council merchant’s writ?” At your confusion, he sneers at a servant. “Explain to me why you have let vermin into my tent?”

Roleplay your introduction below, but on a scale of 1-5 (1 being very hostile, 5 being extremely flattering), how cordial are you (choose one)?
Furious, his hands glow. Without conterspell you are teleported away (choose another tent thread and read it). If you return here, guards bar the way.
He smiles. “I appreciate gruffness. Alright, vermin, you’ve got five minutes.”
“Fine. I’ll give you three minutes of my time.”
“I do not need flattery. I’ll give you three minutes of my time. Speak quickly.”
“I detest simpering fools.” His hands glow. Without conterspell you are teleported away (choose another tent thread and read it). If you return here, guards bar the way.
Read on unless instructed to do otherwise.

“So persistent. I don’t care who you are. My time is precious. But I am nothing if not a businessman. For 3 silver, I’ll give you either information, a magical blessing, or one of the spectator tickets to tonight’s Merchant Council meeting. But only one.” He seems to enjoy making a game out of it. “It’s time you learned a lesson in economics.”

If you pay, choose one:
Read only if you choose Information.
Ask your question below (or PM me).
Read only if you choose the blessing.
You gain temporary life. When combat comes, I’ll explain this bonus.
Read only if you choose the ticket.
You get a ticket to the first meeting of the Merchant’s Council, as a spectator only.
Afterwards, guards rush you out.