Action is the sole medium of expression for ethics.

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Action is the sole medium of expression for ethics.

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

*Kaylan nods to Alinar and starts to walk to the cave mouth, but stops as the frozen elves start to move. the old warrior reflexively take a defensive crouch as he turns to face them, then his eyes catch the decay of the golem remains. His eyes go wide briefly and then narrow as he releases a heavy sigh.*

"Animated mud?...I seem to recall an issue with some special mud recently. I wonder if our mastermind is using mud from that quarry."

*When Bregolon asks about his master, Kaylan turns to him with a grim expression.*

"It is starting to seem like your Master Lhaewan has hatched a plot to secure dominion over all those at the merchant conference and the abductions were little more than an attempt to secure those that had been the victim of a test run of the coins he planned to use to that end. It is starting to appear he had the dead elf hand these coins out to see how well they worked, and that is what set in motion the events that bring us here.
I would even go so far as to speculate that he used some rare or recently found metal. as the wood elf female mentioned, and minded coins that were enchanted to curse the receiver with an intensified form of your I inclination to give him everything you own. It would seem your sister was one of the market victims and why she was taken.
Now it may still be that Lhaewan isn't the culprit directing this plot, and instead be the hand of Ruinor or both. That we will determine with certainty once we find Lhaewan. For now we need to burn that dead elf and head down into the mine.
Grymthor, can you and your men see to the destruction of the dead elf and keep an eye on the entrance while we find out what's happened below?"
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

While Kaylan speaks with Bregolon and Grymthor, Alinar addresses the recovered Wood Elves.

"Despite your best efforts to sow conflict and end this day as eviscerated corpses, we have uncovered the truth of the matter and see no need for continued aggressions with your party. We now wish to venture into the mines to find those of our companions sent to flank your position, and hope to bring all within back outside alive - before continuing in pursuit of this coin-schemes' masterminds. Would we have your blessing in this endeavor, or would you prefer to continue on your course of getting stabbed and blasted into oblivion?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"We need the forest elves to go with us. I don't think we can yet trust them and I don't want them to leave my site." The old man says. He puts his mask back on and peels of the ears and throws them down there they explode in a bust of white baby spiders.

"This is something you should have brought to the queen. She would have looked into no matter how far fetched. This isn't isn't even the most complicated plot we have investigate today."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

The wood elf girl staggers to her feet under Kami’s care. She joins her recovered companions, and they stare at Alinar, bewildered. “This high elf likes to talk…” she mutters, “but they indeed saved us. I…don’t think they’re working with the merchant responsible for the coins; he got away after sending these golems."

She turns to Kami, hesitantly. “And thank you.” The words do not come easily from her lips. The elves lower their weapons hesitantly. When Abaddon lets fall his disguise, the girl gasps.

Bregolon falls to his knees. “Why? Why would Master Lhaewan do this?”

Galadhorn, nearby, pats his shoulder. “We have all been played for fools. Something I find especially onerous after working 80 years on and off with the man. Am I the only sane elf left?” He scans his surroundings, apparently not reassured. ”I do recall, many years ago, that Lhaewan came across a tiny chunk of ore, which he dubbed Lycerium. It was enough to make a single coin out of it, and he kept it close. I just assumed he valued it for its luster or malleability. Apparently, he’s found more of the metal…” A thought comes to him. “He did just recently have an unusually small pressing of-“

“18 coins,” finishes the leader of the wood elves, who identifies himself as Atakin. “We’ve only found 9 of them. That would make 10,” He points to the coin on the ground. “There were 18 total made, so our spies told us. We need to find the rest.” He extends his hand in apology. “We meant no harm to your people. It’s just that no one has believed us… When we told people their coins were cursed, they just thought we were trying to swindle them…”

He introduces a few of the others. The girl is Zinni. She keeps far from Abaddon, and eyes the rest of you warily. She does approach Bregolon, though.

“I’m sorry,” she says. “I don’t know what a coin would do to someone who is a half-elf, but I’m guessing it would still have a partial effect…”

“My whole life has been a lie,” says Bregolon. “All of my possessions, all of my service, promised to a lord in devotion, and was it ever my own will? I thought it was, but even now, I cannot bear wearing these clothes.” He plucks at the rich garb that once belonged to Lhawean. “I feel a compulsion to give it to him, to return it, even as my mind knows I should not. What devilry is this? How many years did I write to my sister telling her I could not see her because I had made a promise of service? It was slavish work, but I thought it only just, and in that I was content. And all the while I was being used.”

You prepare to head down the mine in search of your companions just as you hear a noise coming up from it. The other group has returned! Go to the thread “Reunited” to continue the adventure.