Two steps forward, 3 steps back

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Two steps forward, 3 steps back

Post by Nick »

~: About mid-day. When he had planned to get this over with. He still hadn't acquired that new suit of armor from Sunny. Hopefully he wouldn't need it. He had that ugly longsword at his side, even if he didn't want it there. It fit him better now though, with his new style of combat. Until he found a suitable replacement, well, it would have to do. He checked himself over, then went to the other one. :~

~: Dani was on the bed now, right where Legion had put him. He'd dressed him, carefully, in Dani's usual garb. The blacks and the blues and the reds. Even if he hated the reds. He'd strapped Dani's armor onto the inert body, his weapons. Hell, he'd even placed Godslayer in that special little pocket Dani had sewn into his clothes. Safe and sound where it belonged. :~

~: Once he was sure Dani was ready he hefted the other Valkyn'Vi, sort of cradled him almost in his arms. He'd noticed the subtle differences between the two of them, only coming to light as the days had passed. He had a harder appearance in his face, whereas Dani did and always had those little features that made him appear more child-like. Rounder cheeks, oversized eyes, innocent little things. :~

~: He kept Dani close as he opened the door, looked around the hall. Slipped out into the various ins and outs of Castle Gravesbane. He did his best to avoid people as best he could. If Dani did wake up, and wasn't happy, well....better it was just him. Better not to endanger anyone else. So he stalked the halls, just as Dani would if he was lurking in some treasure-filled dungeon. To the door, the court, and beyond. To the gate. :~

~: He didn't check to make sure he wasn't being followed. He just hoped he wasn't. Once outside the gate he headed for the nearest Portal that wasn't the one in the basement of Gravesbane. The Fisherman's village, and he headed in that direction at a decent run. Better to get this over with as soon as possible. :~
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

A light chuckle alerts Legion of the cloaked figure stepping out from behind a nearby tree. His sleeves are pulled up, and tied off to clearly expose the seven tattoos trailing up his right forearm. Although his face is hidden anyone who knows his voice would recognize it as that of Brey Alefgard.

"It looks as if much has happened while I was away. Might I ask to whom it is I am speaking with as well as the name of the one you carry, and what you plan to do with him."
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

~: Legion had instinctively dropped his hand towards the hilt of the longsword set at his hip, only to forget its existence when he recognized the voice. A smile fell across his face, and he looked upon Brey as one would look upon a long lost friend. Hell, if he wasn't carrying Dani he might hug the guy. :~

"You're certainly right on that one. You've missed quite a bit of fun. You're speaking to Legion by the way. The one I'm carrying, well.."

~: He sort of shrugged the shoulder carrying Dani, tilting him so that Brey could get a good look at the Valkyn'Vi's face, the alternate coloration of his paint. He gave a chuckle as he readjusted his "twin" on his shoulder. :~

"This here is Dani. I'm taking him to the Portal to send him on his way. He wanted to get back to Avanguard so much...I figured I might as well help him along."
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

From deep within the hood of his cloak, Breys icy blue eyes began to dance back and forth between Legion, and Danamoth taking in all the differences, and details of the two.

"Unfortunately Avanguard is no more my friend, and Dizzy was lost in the essence turbine. I'm afraid Danamoth will only find ashes, death, and despair where you plan to take him. I've been informed that the refugees have found a new place to call home. If it is the company of the people who once called themselves Avanguardians he seeks, I have just recently come upon the coordinates for the portal closest to their new settlement, and would be glad to accompany the two of you there. As it seems you literally have your hands full with our friend, allow my blades to be of service in case you run into something unfriendly along the way."

With a quick flick of his wrist, a dagger appears in Breys hand seemingly out of thin air.

"Let us walk, and talk of how it came to be that Legion, and Danamoth no longer dwell together in one body, and what it is you plan to do with this newfound freedom my friend."

Brey lets out a light chuckle as he begins walking in the direction of the Final Haven portal.

"...A world where Legion, and Danamoth both walk freely. I'm truly beginning to like the idea of this."
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

"That sounds abso-friggin-lutely superb Brey. Let us walk, and I'll tell you the tale."

~: And so Legion would adjust Dani in his arms and continue on his way to the Fisherman's Village, happy to have someone present he could count on. And as they walked he would inform Brey of the steps that had been taken to separate Dani and Legion. Of Chance's predicament, being the catalyst of the entire nightmare and how it had been of all people an Elf that had done the deed. :~

~: He told him of the Valkyn'Vi summoning circle they had discovered, and how it had split Dani from Legion, granting them both their own separate bodies. He informed him of the seemingly comatose state Dani was currently in, and how he surmised it was likely due to how weak Dani had become while trapped inside Chance. :~

"I must say...it's kind of creepy looking down at him...immediately after it happened we were practically identical, right down to our paint. I repainted him in his colors, the blue instead of my red...but as the days have passed I've noticed several differences."

"He's got that...child-like look...innocent. Whereas I think I look a bit more aged. Like...he's pure gold, putty...and I'm a hunk of granite."

~: For a few seconds Legion just sort of stared at Dani as they walked, perhaps recalling the various memories they had shared, the moments together...and how much freedom he had now. :~

"He wants to find them, the people from Avanguard. If you have the coordinates, well, I guess that just makes it easier for him to be with them...."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani