in search of answers

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:sapphire listened intently as abaddon spoke, nodding from time to time and when abaddon was finished. sapphire looked somewhat overwhelmed:

"i see. you did what you thought was right, i cannot fault you for that, and you also wished to preserve yourself from harm, which one would think any would do. i see no reason why i should come to vilify you."

:sapphire smiled slightly at the old masked man, however it was short lived as concern replaced the moment of joviality:

" your dealings with this Yaziel however concern me though, are you at all...apprehensive, that such a union may become treacherous?"
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Yaziel quite simply is the most treacherous being I have ever encountered. It is one of lurkers-in-the-dark, alien beings that follow the essenses of the Valkyn'vi back from Mistralla. These things have terrible powers and unknowable minds. More than two hundred years ago Yaziel laid a trap for a powerless future blind boy filled with anger and a chip on his shoulder. The offer was nigh unrefusable and the price terrible." Abaddon says staring into the fire with his back to them. The fire cracklesnasnwater explodes from the green wood. "But I took the vow of seven pacts and as I am bound so is it."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"While I agree with your assessment, Sapphire, no story is complete until all sides are heard. Should you hear a Havenite speak negatively about Abaddon, ask why he or she feels that way. Likely there is insight to be had through such a discussion - possibly by everyone involved."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:sapphire nodded to abaddon's explanation:

i understand, from what you have told me that is. i hope your future dealings with the outsider are not too....unpleasant.

sapphire shifted in his seat and faced dallid:

"you're absolutely right dallid, and i shall see to that when i am through here,
:sapphire raised his eybrows as if he had just gotten an idea: or perhaps.....you could enlighten me, on the way back to town?
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid nods.

"I will certainly share my perspective, yes."
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

The woman begins to pour the hot liquid from her kettle into the cups on the table. She takes care to precisely fill each one with the same volume of the murky liquid. The kettle is placed on the table and each cup placed on a tray. She delicately lifts the tray and with a floating movement, walks the tray to the guests holding the tray near them as to offer them a drink. She never looks at their faces, but instead, down at the steaming brews on the tray.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Far be it for me to refuse such offered hospitality." Dallid takes a cup and looks to Zydana.

"Won't you join us?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Indeed Kami, why don't you have a seat please?" Abaddon says. "Now that the formalities are out of the way Sapphire, I want you to understand there is something happening here in Haven. To much is happening to be a coincidence, and there are so few of us we have to stick together. Queen Esmerelda has been good to the An'irri, better than most by leagues.

You are safe from me, and I hope you will come to see me when you have questions. I am very old, and have seen many things."
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:sapphire takes a cup and sets it in front of him on the table:

"thank you, your hospitality is most appreciated."

:sapphire looks back to abaddon:

"it is good to know that the kin are so welcomed here, even though i did not feel as such when i first arrived, however that is beside the reason i sought you out.

"i came seeking your council on the lord marshal paer'an's current condition."
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"What condition is that?" Abaddon asks, sipping the hot tea. "I have been away from Haven for some time."
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

The painted woman in purple robes looks to Abaddon for a moment as though to question his request. She turns and places the tray on the table. She takes a seat furthest from the guests so that Abaddon is somewhere between herself and the guests.

She sits, not looking up, holding one hand in the other under the table. Her head remains tilted down looking at nothing in particular on the table. It would seem that if one were capable of doing so, she would be looking at her hands on her lap through the table.
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:sapphire sighs:

"i am unsure myself, however if my suspicions are accurate, the lord marshal has taken upon himself a very heavy burden that may have something to do with the star of enestra being returned and a pathway back to mistralla, naturally this is all speculation however his new heterochromatic visage has raised the question of if these....rumors, bare any validity."

:sapphire picks up the cup in front of him and takes a sip:
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Do you think the change in his eyes could be seperate from the missing star? I too have similar eyes, it is a trait some male Valkyn'Vi possess." Abaddon says drinking his tea.

"What do you know of your people?"
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:sapphire's face becomes grim:

"no more than what i was taught as a child, i fear that i have not looked upon any of the kin for quite a long time. i was unaware that such was common place amongst our kind."

:sapphire takes another drink and sets the cup down before continuing:

"forgive me if i have insulted you in any way, but you, the lord marshal and the child are the first of the kin i have come in contact with since the destruction of my home city"
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"There are so few of us that it seems many of the An'irri have no understanding of our ways. As for insulting me, I do not offend easily by facts.

If the change in the the color of his eyes and the missing star are connected, we will find out. If any of this has any bearing on Mistrallia we have no choice but to pursue it." Abaddon says with a smile.

"I am going to be training the child Mary in the ways of the Painted folk. Should you require any answers from me all you need to do is ask."