in search of answers

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

A whisper can barely be heard inside but then a moment later the door slowly opens. The guests are greeted by a pale woman in purple robes and the markings of the Valkin'Vi adorn her face. She is looking down towards the floor when she opens the door, but slowly her head rises.

In a very soft tone she utters, "The Dallid?"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid nods with a smile.

"Along with Sapphire, who has a proper invitation. While I do not, I hope you would accomodate me in your home, as well."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

She swings the door slightly wider and steps back to allow clear entry. He gaze again is upon the floor.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Gentlemen, welcome. Sapphire I am glad to see you took me up on my invitation. Dallid, always nice to see you. I wouldn't even be this close to town had it not been for you. I have tea and Graf, Kami can get any thing you like." Abaddon says, the mask man standing by a rough cut, new looking table. On the table are quills and parchement, along with porcelain cups with silver marks, and mugs with a silver handle.

Candles fill the room with light, and animal skins are placed about to the room. The fire is chewing away at green wood logs, sputtering and hissing.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:sapphire bows his head respectfully to abaddon:

"thank you for your invitation, it is good to finally meet you abaddon, as you had mentioned in your invitation it is.... a pleasure to look upon another of the kin after such a long journey. May i have your permission to enter?"

:sapphire looks to Kami and bows again toward her as well:
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Come in and sit down. I'm too old to stand on ceremony." The man says, pointing to some free chairs. "Its warm in here, and the snow is piling up out there. I find us to be well met Sapphire."

"Dallid, is there something you require? food? tea? I doubt you came all the way out here for either."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“I do not wish to impose. I merely want to ensure you are aware Haven has decided to accept you and pardon your actions in Far Reach – on the condition you take matters of justice to the Magistrates. Acts of aggression will not be seen as defensive unless your target strikes the first blow, after all. Your pledge of loyalty to Queen Esmerelda is also required.”
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Well that is good news. I can not express my thanks enough Dallid, with out you, this would not be the case. I am willing to make the pledge of loyalty, and follow all rules set upon me.

Good news is often hard to come by in this world." Abaddon says, the smile visible even though the lines of the mask.
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

"thank you, well met indeed." :sapphire smiles at abaddon as he walks into the small cabin lays his shield down by the door, as sapphire unclasps his cloak an immense two handed sword is revealed as he removes his cloak, sapphire unhooked the large blade from his back and set it down near where he had placed his shield:

:sapphire sits down at one of the open chairs abaddon had gestured to quietly waits for his gracious host to finish his dealings with dallid:
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Haven has need of you, Abbadon, but there are still those who harbor ill will. While I imagine many will soon see your worth, some – such as those who lost friends in Far Reach and your own kin who take issue with the bond to Yazel – may never accept you. There are trying times ahead.”

“Fortunately I believe the Queen has chosen Haven’s officers and representatives well. Even if some should hold personal concerns, they will hold their duty above their own feelings and maintain proper justice.”

“Now, I imagine you have much to discuss with Sapphire, here. Do you desire privacy?”
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I'm sure there are many who harbor ill will and for good cause. I maintain that I did what I did for the safety of the many, and that if Lady Esmeralda, had been the Queen Esmeralda that she is now, I would not have had to do any of it. I have tools to use for Haven's defense and help. I appreciate you coming to tell me in person." Abaddon says.

"Your welcome to stay, but I simply want to discuss matters of the An'Irri with Sapphire wich may bore you."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid gives a slight smile. "I am not easily bored - especially concerning knowledgable debates and discussions. By all means, proceed."
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

As the guests enter, the woman closes the door behind them. She stands quiet for the moment as Abaddon greets them. She assists in taking their warm, winter traveling gear from them and places neatly to the side. She assists Sapphire with his sword and shield. As the conversation continues, she pulls a few ceramic cups, intricately detailed from a rack hanging on a wall and places them on the table.

She walks over to the fire and wraps a cloth around the handle of a silver kettle to not burn her pale hands as she lifts it and carries it to the table where Abaddon is currently sitting.
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:sapphire nodded in approval as the woman assisted him then turned back to abaddon and dallid, slightly confused as the conversation went on:

" i beg your pardon abaddon, why is it that people would harbor ill will against you? i presume it to be more than just common prejudice?"
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Direct. I like that. I will give you the facts as I see them and you can form your own opinion. This takes place in the lawless days of Far Reach. A man threatened my lord, repeatedly. I brought it up to Lady Esmeralda repeatedly and was always told they were just words.

I offered the man the chance to Murder my lord, and he took it, and I removed the threat. I did not feel that I could get justice, because the man was a favorite of Lady Esmeralda.

Later, I removed two more problems, two people who were doing terrible things to threaten the safety of the town.

When I discovered I was going to be assassinated, I leveled my own building, and left. I waited for everyone to leave, and knocked it down. We were at war with the elves I could not risk the secrets inside.

Lastly, there is some fear that my familiar Yaziel will do harm. He is outsider, a creature that exists between worlds. In my youth, I made a deal with for power. He and I are bound. That is the short list as I see them. So can choose on your own. I did what I needed to do to protect the maximum number of lives. I did what others could not or would not do for themselves. I sacrificed more than you can imagine to save them." Abaddon says, his eyes hard behind the mask.