Not far, but outside of the borders of Haven.

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:when Abaddon opened the door the smell of the Squirrel and Hare pies brought Rothek slowly out from his hiding place in the woods. the beast man emerged slowly from his wooded hiding place akin to a stray dog inching forward on all fours. he stopped and gave a sort of half chuff half snort trying his best to not look intimidating, he looked at the old valkyn vi with big yellow eyes as if he was waiting for some sort of response:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Ashearth
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ashearth »

"enjoy your time in the cold night Francesco. i will enjoy the company i keep for in the short time i've known him. he has treated me far better than you ever have. we shall see you shortly i suppose."

turning to Abaddon he thanks him for his hospitality and walks into the cabin.
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

"I'm not one to drink tea, but I'll certainly welcome the warmth. Francesco I suggest that you join us. I'm not sure how long we will be inside, and you've already been out in this cold for far too long for a man of your age haha."

With a smirk Brey follows the others inside of the cabin, and finds a place to stand close to the fire.
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

"Thank you but I shall pass. Though I am further along in my years I will manage the cold."

Franchesco wraps his cloak around himself tightly to guard against the winter chill. It was a very cold night and the wind picked up every now and again. A slight shiver ran down the old man but he just rubbed his hands together and bared it.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Is that with You?" Abaddon asks, nodding toward the Beast man. "Here boy."

The small cabin is warm and the tea is strong, as well as the Graf, a kind of hard mulled apple cider. Silver plates lay in a stack around the table.

"Kami, would you please see to them? Ashearth, Brey, Goonter, Welcome. I suppose I should tell you why I invited you. I heard of your taking in the girl here, and I wanted to know more about you. I hear things, but what one hears is not the truth. If you have spent even five minutes in Haven, means you have likely heard of me, and I though I could correct a few inconstiancies. I also wanted to know more about you. and Her." Abaddon says, putting a piece of cake down in front of the girl.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek cocked his head to the side and carefully studied abaddon and the others and blinked a few times before slowly crawling forward. as he walked by he took a second to carefully inspect sir francesco, he had never seen anyone that looked like that before in his life!. after a few minutes of sniffing and studying, rothek rose to his hind legs and walked on two feet into the cabin letting out a curious huff as he walked in.:
Rothek HowlingFang
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

As visitors enter the cabin, a Valkin'Vi woman approaches them. For those willing to let her, she silently helps them remove some of the heavy winter cloaks and furs not needed in the warm cabin. When she approaches the beast man to assist him, she just stops a few feet from him and looks him up and down momentarily and turns away.

Whatever parchment it was Abaddon was working on when the visitors arrived she carefully removed. She gathers the blank parchments, ink, quill and wax and seal putting them in a drawer that hangs under a small table near one of the sleeping areas. She pulls out a key from within her robes and locks the drawer then places the key back on her person.

She then gathers a few extra chairs found about the room to accommodate the extra people who will be sitting around the table. Although this seems a bit awkward carrying furniture around, she allows no one to take a chair from her, but will make no effort to stop anyone from finding their own stray chair to place at the table themselves (that is of course, if anyone tries).

She then picks up the stack of silver plates on the table and begins setting places for everyone inside, plus one. She does not speak as she places a fork, wooden mug and white porcelain cups inlaid with scrolling onyx and silver markings. Every movement she makes was delicate and with purpose. When it seems she is finally satisfied with the table setting, she moves back to stand behind Abaddon, looking at nothing in particular in one spot on the floor.
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

After slipping quickly into the cabin, Goonter takes one of the chairs the Valkin'Vi woman provides. "Thank you so much," he says, his face aglow with visible delight.
The Wanderer
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek took a few hesitant steps back as the woman approached and he looked back her with big yellow eyes, rothek leaned his head towards her and sniffed a few times...neither she nor the old man smelled like an elf.

rothek chuffed again and knelt down to all fours again and watched as the woman moved to accommodate everyone, then looked over the others that were in the small cabin.
Rothek HowlingFang
Ashearth
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ashearth »

waiting patently for the table to be placed Ashearth looks around the cottage. after the table is set he sits down and smiles at his host.

"well how bout we begin with the girl. she came from a small cottage like this out in the forest, her father was a seer, but his gifts i believe compelled him to paint the image as appose to see it in a dream. he made many visions come to life in his drawing. than there was a terrible fight. undead and wolfs came to their home and well it just didn't end too well for her parents. being so young, she didn't know what to do so she stayed with them for weeks possibly months before she had ventured out. thankfully that's when i came in. she was wondering about the town no real person to claim her so i stepped in. since then there has been a great deal of interest in the child. I've gone on trial for being her caregiver many of times as though the townsfolk didn't want my to care for her. each and every time i was allowed to go free and take care of the child. a deal was struck with the queen and for the time being she is my ward. later we had found our way back o her home. what we found there was rather odd. her fathers workshop was filled with half prophecies some about the townsfolk here and one that was for what ever reason covered in black paint, as though the father didn't want to see what he created. the child has a great deal of magic in her. more than I've seen in most adults. the problem arises when she acts out as some of the townsfolk can testify. i am working with her and discipline but it is slow going. spending that much time with the dead while being so young and all that power insider her, i don't know if she knows what shes doing some times, the magic sometime just leaks out. oh and her name is Mary.

now about me, well that i suppose is all depending on what you wish to know. i have no secrets however i will ask the same favor in return, if you wish to know my name I'll want yours, if you want to know my father i would care to hear who your was and so on."

Ashearth takes a sip of the tea

"thank you for the hospitality and the tea"
Mary-Bella
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Mary-Bella »

The little girl pulls a chair up next to her teacher and sits down. The man they where there to see gave her a piece of cake and her eyes widened.

"Really?! For me?! Can i eat it teacher? Can I please?!"

Smiling she swings her legs back and forth. She looks around at everyone, eyes landing on the guthrie. She pulls her cake close to her and sticks her tongue out at him playfully.

"Do you think Bruce would want some? I will share with Bruce.. he's one of my favorites."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"interesting. Male Seers are rare enough, though not unheard of. The Valkyn'Vi gift is usually quite powerful in the females. Did you see any paintings of the the Child's Birth? The An'Irri are born with a single prophecy, and it is the driving force in their life. " Abaddon says, looking at the child.

"It might be possible to lift the paint from the canvases so we can see the orginal work."

"Interesting that no one cared until you took her up. I have heard you are a self proclaimed necromancy? Is this true? I don't ask out of any misapprehension, just curious."
Ashearth
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ashearth »

"Unfortunately we did not grab the rest of his paintings though now that i think of it. it may have been extremely important. i suppose that's why i brought it up. this isn't the first time i have heard about a prophecy for the child, if we cannot find the original is there some way to find a new oracle to give her her prophecy?"

"now you ask if i am a self proclaimed necromancer. you see i used to be a very bad person but with a goal. you look around and there is chaos. monsters and greater fiends killing senselessly, harming the innocent. Threw my travels it have found that most often there is usually someone pulling their strings, and as good as it is to sit outside a palace wall and defend or make random patrols to find the creatures. the people who do this are not solving anything. they are in fact making it worse, they only act after woman and children were harmed or killed. i realized this many years ago. The only true way to get a handle on the greater evils in this world is to understand them, truly understand them. so i began my research. followed the steps of some of the more reached. made some bad decisions here and there, everyone slips up. after learning all that i could where i was i was able to get very close with the wicked. they looked at me as one of their own. you see, i have the ability to know more than any night. i know why and how the creatures they fight think. along my travels i have hunted necromancers, and killed three very powerful ones. by doing so i have some of their power. but i do not use it lightly, i would not even use it at all if it wasn't allowed by the queen."

Ashearth takes out an official document wrote by the queen

"also i tend to stay away from destroying essences and i am in full control of what i create. now would i call my self a necromancer? by the ability alone. yes. but not by the intent. i break no laws. i aid the people around me. i simply look at the world in a different light. now i ask you, there were rumors of your betrayal of some of the townsfolk trust. even that you have gone too far and not yourself. are you still you and are your intentions as vile as some" he gestures to the door, "would say? i only ask for fair is fair. i answer your questions and would very much like to hear yours."
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

Goonter tries to ignore the rude little girl but can't help but smirk at her mention of feeding that silly skull...

other than that, he relaxes and enjoys his tea, only half-lstening to the conversation between Ashearth and Abaddon.
The Wanderer
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Who is bruce child? " ABaddon asks, his eyes behind the white porcelain mask.

"Interesting. I simply ask about the Necromancy because it is what I have heard. I do not even believe in necromancy as a whole. The very magic that creates a lighting bolt, raises the dead and heals the sick is the same magic that animates bodies. They are, nothing more than a gross construct. But I digress.

Yes, I have been called a monster, and there is great rumors surrounding me. When I vowed to protect the people under my employ in Far Reach, I knew I would do anything to protect them. The people that fell to my blade in Far Reach were people that posed a threat to either my Lord, or Far Reach in total. Gabrial made a deal to murder my Lord. He said terrible things, and joked in the night that he would kill him. I brought this to Esmerelda, and I was told over and over they were just words. Well, when he had to the chance to kill Lord Ingram, he took it. I killed him, yes.

The other two, both were threats to everything we hold dear. Edward Falcona talked about selling us to the elves for a measly thirty pieces of gold. And Charlesquek was trying to uncover the dark secrets of Corbyn's Transformation. I was taking no chances, so yes, they fell to my blade. Now, I tell you this. If Lady Esmeralda, had been the Queen Esmeralda that she is now, I would not have had to protect us from the shadows.

I vowed to do what others can not, or WILL not do for themselves. I will protect the most lives by any means necessary." ABaddon says, buttering a biscuit.

"I think you an I share some methods, because I to am willing to get my hands dirty so others do not have to. It is easy to follow a simple code and do only good things. No one wants to do the hard thing. Well, I will."

"I do not know if we can have her rebirthed. Another strange thing is that this child was raised along, with only her parents. We Painted Folk, group in clans. This makes me suspect they knew her destiny before she was even born."