My thoughts

WayneO42
GM

Re: RE

Post by WayneO42 »

Faerykin wrote:
GM_Chris wrote: 4) We have a nice political system for those who enjoy it
Really? Where? Did I miss it when it came through?
I hope that was a joke. If not, explain yourself. Im confused
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Werd, man I've been using that alot lately. I don't much care for online combat for some of the obvious reasons stated here but also for the simple fact that I am a pretty decent OOG fighter and even with lower #s usually have at least some sort of chance because of slightly superior skill. And people seem to be much braver when they aren't faced with the "reality" of the situation. Plus things go wonky easily, I assume Zander had some sort of protection from nerve pinch or he should be dead. Those kind of wonky things really cause a problem for me in the online environment. I think story can be created without a serious combat happening. 8 people dealing with a tiger or some such is nothing like part of a house squaring off against an accoplished warrior and gaurds. I'm not knocking the way it was handled at all, just letting my opinion be known.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

By Political System, do you mean anything other than Allegience Points that may be spent to build Guilds and Houses?
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The political system in FH IS the allegience points. The beauty of the system is that it is completely player driven. There are no large kingdoms, organizations, or mechanics lording over the players. Its post cataclysm. Anarchy!!!!!
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

Okay - that's what I thought.

:wink:
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Yeah, some of us like that a whole lot and some people prefer to have their rules and morality up to someone else. And trust me, there is much more to it than just points.
Death=Adder

~Pink Floyd~
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

... and some of us prefer to not play the extremes, some of us like a healthy balance.
Last edited by Faerykin on Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Dont forget that you are not just building guilds and houses for the sake of doing it. They provide resources and skills to better their members.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I think the FH political system is very organic. Most RL organizations start out as a loose collection of people trying to better themselves. The need for rules and structure comes in when the organization needs to start protecting its interests by limiting and controlling its members. I think we will start to see this in-game VERY soon. Its all up to the players.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I can see most of B's points, some people prefer not to have to deal with forging those organizations and just want stability as far as laws, moralities, and protection and such. This game isn't really for those that are looking for cookie cutter "kingdoms" that will offer them that certainty. Where I'm confused is the balance thing, between what and what? cause FH is actually a very good balnce between actual anarchy and an established feudal system.
Death=Adder

~Pink Floyd~
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Politics

Post by Nelkie »

Trust me, there is much politics in FH. As the house orginizer I deal with on a day in and day out basis. Thats what Lord Corybn does, politics.

I like the politcal system in FH becasue it is PC driven and forces people to work together to survive. My hats off to the GM's for a job well done.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Maybe I'm blind, maybe I just don't know what to look for.

But, what I see is a bunch of people arguing around in circles and at each other's throats - only uniting when the threat comes to their doorstep. Once the threat is taken care of, it is right back to square one. I see no growth, I see stagnation, I see anarchy and backstabbing, and an intensifying headache.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

FH

Post by Nelkie »

Welocme to the town of FH!

Part of the problem is there is some many facitions within the town that want to do things differently and nobody is willing to compermise. There has been alot of stuggle to bring peace to the land and to get people to work togther, but strong personailities and different points of view tear everything down that was built. Some of the public facition

The house of the Creasent Moon
Atrums Guild
The Orcs
Roland and his town guard
And all the independents
Any NPC's trying to cause trouble

Yes, it is a poweder keg waiting to explode, but nobody to date has been able to bring a lasting peace. Such is FH. It is not stagent at all, because alliagences are always changing. I see it because I have to keep the house orginized. To get involved join a guild, or start your own guild, than it will get very interesting poitcaly for you.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

Been there, tried that, didn't work out.

You can't really list Roland and his town guard as a separate entity - because members of the Town Guard can also be members of another Guild or House. Or, at least that was the "rule" last time.

I'm not suggesting that there is stagnation in the town - as it is evident that there is plenty of stuff happening. The stagnation comes whenever someone tries to unify the town - it always ends up the same 'ole, same 'ole.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I assume Zander had some sort of protection from nerve pinch or he should be dead
Just to clarify....why would he need protection from nerve pinch? The attack descrobed would never have been allowed in LARP combat as it was aimed at the head/neck. The player used a hero point in order to insta nerve pinch, but so did the NPC to evade the blow. For the sake of the story and so as to avoid the forseen pages of arguments about wether the hit was legit or not, Tonia made the hit contact and stun zander for x number of rounds. It is also why I played the NPC and she dicided who hit and who didnt, so that it was fairly adjudicated by a 3rd party. It was the type of compramise that has to happen during board combat. Its the same reason Donovan and Curufin werent just dropped by the 3 x 10 lashes Zander COULD have done in the 10 second time frame allowed. All it would have cost him was the HP he had already spent and 9 life points, and everyone in 10 feet takes 30 damage.

NOTHING went wonky. It was directed as it was so the PCs survived, if it had been at an event, Donovan and Curufin would have needed to be raised. Since it was never our intention to KILL anyone, we directed it twords the ends as it stands. Any PC that initiates combat on the boards should NOT expect to have thier skills work 100% as they would at an event. With that knowledge, every player MUST decide to:

a) Participate, but slightly modify the actions thier PC takes

b) Participate, act true to your PC and trust the GMs eill be fair

c) not participate

I persoanlly HATE the continuing adventures, as shown by the fact that I almost never use it. I think it just a big cheese wheel. HOWEVER, since it is accepted in FH, and I was a GM for the event and part of the action needed to get to and from Frostfell HAD to happen on the board, I went along as well as I could.

This isnt directed at ahy individual, but the gripes are beggining to irritate. Remember it was the PCs that initiated the combat, and the GMs that had to make sure no one died and hold as true as possible to what likely would have happened live.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"