My thoughts

Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Brian, everything in your post is exactly why I don't like board combat. If that isn't wonky I don't know what is.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

Agreed
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Though, given the situation, I think it was handled as best it could. Could Curufin even have gotten into position for the nerve pinch with all those guards fighting him? There's too many factors to consider. However, given how badly Donavan and Curufin were outnumbered and outgunned, seems the likely outcome that they would lose the fight, and Zander would still be standing. So, that's the way it ended - and with no PCs killed.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I'll just add my couple cents on a couple issues. First I agree with everything Chris and Wayne have stated. As always, we provide a solid unifying front :)

Just to reemphasize, the continuing adventures is simply meant to entertain some people, especially during the offseason, as a way to role play some between events activities, nothing more, nothing less. Nothing truly groundbreaking or world changing will occur on the boards. Lets take the current example. The current continuing adventure is getting the PC's from point A to point B. Now, there's lots of action and interaction and plot that flowers is up to make it more exciting and interesting (ie to entertain) the people playing, but when you strip the layers, at the core is traveling from there to home.

Other plots online have been the dramatization of sage research. Publicly, everyone can interact and explore what the sage would have brought into game next time anyway and will have to to get everyone up to speed. Nothing is being lost here and people are bing entertained in the process. Now, people who do not have access will miss out on the entertainment certainly, but they can get the same bonuses by telling us what they are going to do between events. It's not a perfect system and you don't always get stuff that you want to do, but we certainly make the attempt to accommodate everyone. In the end we're only human and we apologize for that--believe me, we all want to be superheroes. We are doing the best we can to provide entertainment to all and I think in general we are fairly successful. Were we able to make a living at this (or any money at all for that matter) we would of course have more time to devote to your needs. As it is, we appreciate the feedback, both positive and negative, and will continue to provide the best entertainment, online and in person, as we can.

Now, the political system. I think that discussion is a definitional one. When we say political system, we mean that we believe that there is a system in place for the players to create an environment of government should they choose, and one that will support anarchy should they choose. We do not mean that we have created a government that will provide order and unitry and all of that. We have supplied you with rules; if that is what you want, go forth and do it. The problem has been that a leader has yet to be identified that everyone will follow implicitly and will agree to follow the rules he or she or perhaps they have created. I believe you guys are in fact getting closer but have perhaps some more bumpy roads in front of you before you reach the point where you mostly feel good about the government that you have. It's not easy, but it is possible if enough of you desire it.

Hmm, that was more than a couple cents, at least a nickle, perhaps even a dime.

Mike
kmeinka
New in Town
New in Town

Post by kmeinka »

Faerykin wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Maybe I'm blind, maybe I just don't know what to look for.

But, what I see is a bunch of people arguing around in circles and at each other's throats - only uniting when the threat comes to their doorstep. Once the threat is taken care of, it is right back to square one. I see no growth, I see stagnation, I see anarchy and backstabbing, and an intensifying headache.
A bunch of people arguing? People at each other's throats? Uniting only at threats? Backstabbing? Headaches? What do you think politics are? I think you just summed them up perfectly right there. If you need a further example, look at the American partisan system in the last decade or so.
Chauncy Mass
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Chauncy Mass »

kmeinka wrote:
Faerykin wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Maybe I'm blind, maybe I just don't know what to look for.

But, what I see is a bunch of people arguing around in circles and at each other's throats - only uniting when the threat comes to their doorstep. Once the threat is taken care of, it is right back to square one. I see no growth, I see stagnation, I see anarchy and backstabbing, and an intensifying headache.
A bunch of people arguing? People at each other's throats? Uniting only at threats? Backstabbing? Headaches? What do you think politics are? I think you just summed them up perfectly right there. If you need a further example, look at the American partisan system in the last decade or so.
quoted for truth
Hi... I'm not crazy
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Werd to the Nelkie!

:)

Oh and werd to Mike for very very well explaining our view of the online adventures...basically have fun andhelp create a story and not take it all intence because we are not on the field.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM_Chris
GM

I should add

Post by GM_Chris »

I should add that I dont think I have ever been in a game with politics that was not:

"But, what I see is a bunch of people arguing around in circles and at each other's throats - only uniting when the threat comes to their doorstep. Once the threat is taken care of, it is right back to square one. I see no growth, I see stagnation, I see anarchy and backstabbing, and an intensifying headache."

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them