This is dumb.

Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

This is dumb.

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

Seriously, you guys...

Please reconsider the battle on the boards. Discussions and whatnot are cool, but for real, if a PC dies in a fight on the boards, then I'll be very disappointed in the cheese level we've achieved. This isn't tabletop, it's a larp. Let's keep it one.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

I see nothing cheesy about a fight on the board..it's been done before.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I withhold my vote of Cheese or No until I see further how it goes. So far not so bad but there is definitely a chance for a big old wheel of cheese.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The continueing adventures forum has been locked until I have an opportunity to read and sort it out. Expect it to be available again later in the day
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

If absolutely everyone involved agrees to resolving combat on the board, I see nothing wrong with it. However, I personally think combat – especially a mass battle – should be LARPed. Surely everyone involved could get together in the next month or two to act out the fight, maybe do some RP afterward, have dinner, see a movie – make a day of it.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Stuff

Post by Nelkie »

Hold One Wait a Minute!!

This has gotten way out of hand and should not be played out on the board!!

First, everyone their did not have chance to write in what they where doing. Robin most likely would bitch slap McQuin down, and Arthos would have not alowed Niakisa to cut McQuin's tounge out. Arthos would have knocked out Cruffin after he spoke with disrespect to the King. And many more actions and dicussion would have been done before the stituation got to the point it did. I was on the road all day and could not check the boards, other peole where working, etc... Not enough time was given to roleplay this stituation out proerly.

Also, combat on the board should be simple and straight foward! You won or you got chased off. A PC should only die on a board if they did something totaly stupid like jumping into a bottomless pit etc... Insulting a king is not cause for a PC's death!! The combat that is taken place should be done off the board. Period!

I suggest the entire secne is earsed and started over again with ample time for everyone to say something before it all goes to Hell!!!!
My Thoughts

Aaron
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

I agree with nelkie on this one. without everyones ability to take part it is doubtful that things would have played out the way they did and is unfair to the people who would or could nor partisipate.

A couple points of clerification, however, Robin may very well have slaped me down, but I would have said it anyway. and my tounge wasn't cut out , it was pinned. it would hurt like a bear and I wouldn't be able to speak for about a month, but...
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

I agree with Nelike. I mean, for goodness sake, the rest of us sane people were sleeping!

I would have acted, but not voilently, or even yelled, as surprised as you all might be to hear that. I just don't think it fair that because I go to be before midnight everything got out of hand.

I don't know... seems like people let emotions run really high... and maybe some rethinking needs to be done. However it turns out, I do not believe a PC should die on the boards. That's just not fair.
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

...But if we kill everyone online, you will see how serious we are about wanting a lethal game...

Sorry, just thinking out loud :lol:

We're working on it guys, relax
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Combat should always be handled IG IMO. As soon as someone says I attack or some similiar statement the thread should end and it should be handled Live.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

LMAO um we have stated a LONG LONG time ago that there can be no death on a board..I mean I was told last night about the combat..I thought it was fun, but lol I never ever thought it was going to be something that could hurt a PC.

Sorry if that information was somehow conveyed to you by anyone, but no a PC cannot die on the boards..but an NPC can die. :)

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

IMHO here is the issue:

We can't really "undo" what has been said/done.

If we give people time to respond, others are still going to speed-post, and it is going to become a mess pretty much any way you look at it.

The conundrum in my mind right now is:

A) Should a "game stop" be called and wait until this can be resolved IRL?

or

B) Should we resolve this on the forums since being able to resolve this IRL will be months off?
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Ug option b is unworkable unless there can be PC death on the boards I really think we may have to chop off a page or two and go from there. If Zander had acted like the leader he was in the councle it could have been avoided.

just one post like...
Shaking his head sadly Zander turns to Corbyn, Donovan and Robin.

"We are thankful for the help you have given us, but Frostfell wants nothing of your disputes in this time of mending. Please leave."
but we didn't get that or anything else like it frome the people who were present last night (myself included) <sigh> I don't know what to tell ya guys, a combat of this magnatude w/o consiquences is...well...it's lame, but killing PCs on the forum is worse and waiting for 5 months for this to be resolved is unexcusible. so what's left?
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

IMO Something on this scale cannot be resolved on the boards. We have used the forums for plot introduction, development, travel time, etc., but not for rping out stuff in a way that will fundamentally alter the entire game and every character it. The line was crossed, and at a minimum the situation should be rewound to a place where we can play it out in game. The same scenario may very well ensue, but how we play FH should not be changed. I also think McEwan just hit it right on the head.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

The problem was many things kept being said last night that a character would have to answer too.. and it probably shouuld have stopped much earlier, but since it didn't more "smack" talk was thrown around.. characters answered as they would.. and then it all hit the fan.

I definetely believe this should have been handled in-game or somesuch.

But since it couldn't we all had to answer as we would in character.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!