This is dumb.

Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I recommend placing a limit of one post per day per character in each Continueing Adventures thread. That way, everyone has a chance to respond to each action.

I also recommend each action be kept down to something that can be performed in 10 seconds or less.

We've got nearly half a year to resolve this - no hurry.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Everyone just Chill. We will take care of it. This is the first time a Continueing Adventure has gotten out of Hand. Not a bad statistic considering how many have been run. Just chill out and trust the GM staff
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

Okay, frankly I'm raving pissed. Way to show some trust in someone you just asked to run an event and who did so with the utmost amount of respect to you all for the rules and the way you want things run.

I read all the past continuing adventures to see what the precedent was BEFORE I did any and I have the following things to say:

#1 - Not a single PC was killed or intended to be killed.

#2 - I intentionally avoided allowing PCs to actually use (and destroy) items or Hero Points.

#3 - If there was description of damage it was not intended that Characters would actually have to take a tally, rather to describe the ferocity with which the first couple of attacks were doled out.

#4 - There were over 12 people online until past 2:00 in the morning last night, ALL actively participating. This is more than is usually participating in the online adventures over the course of DAYS, which is why I allowed it to go the distance it did.

#5 - *I* specifically stopped the action (asking all those present in mIRC to refrain from posting), so that the THREE people that I knew would probably have an integral reaction (Arthos, Robin, and Corbyn) could have a chance to react.

#6 - Several things were told to me as the person running that Continuting Adventure that made #5 irrelevant, however, they are IN GAME and I will not discuss them here.

#7 - There is NOTHING in this Continuing Adventure that has not been done elsewhere.

#8 - There was no intent to have a large battle scene on the boards. It is cheese-dickey. What's worse is to not allow a character to roleplay what their character would do.

#9 - The FH GMs created a culture of continuing adventures and while my husband and I have personally refrained from ever participating in a Continuing Adventure for the very reason that this is a LARP not a table-top, we have RESPECTED the fact that there are different things that OTHER LARPs do and to supplement the players enjoyment provided a narration for you.

#10 - I am utterly disgusted that the three GMs who chose to post here about what a terrible atrocity this thread was failed to give me the benefit of the doubt and ask me what was intended, because there is NOTHING that has been done so far that was wrong.

I am deeply saddened at this treatment and sorely disappointed that trust was not given to me as it was supposedly entrusted to me. I'm done.
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

Let me add... I got a PM from Wayne after I posted. He at least made an attempt to find out what was going on.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Just so you know, when I said "Chill out and trust the GM staff", I was considering you and Brian as GMs. I am not worried about it at all. I just wanted the thread locked so things can cool down. I trusted where you were going, I just wanted the PCs to have some time to catch up and some time for the entire GM staff to have a look see.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

On another note. Here are the major points posted by GMs regarding this thread:
dont worry Wayne, Mike, and I will have something shortly.

Chris
This was in reference to the PM I sent Tonia at 12:30PM to figure out what she had planned and to give her our Ideas on getting out of the situation
Ok all so hopefully soon we will unlock the post, but so you all know there will be consequences to what is said and done online, and in this thread in particular...not telling you exactly, so I hope you all stay tuned and RP accordingly.
Translation: Just because you know you cant die on the forum doesnt mean there wont be consequences.
At the same time dont get all wierded out if you miss something just trust in your plot team.
A vote of Confidence in the Plot team running the plot
The thread will stand as it is now at Game on. No changes were made except the last post by me
A note to let everyone know that things stand as they are. (Yet another vote of confidence in the Plot team running the adventure)

I would have had the thread locked regardless of who was running the Adventure. It got out of hand but hey, these things happen. I had SEVERAL concerned PMs waiting for me this morning. The best thing to do in these situations is to take a deep breath and let the PCs simmer down. Thats why the thread was locked. Not a lack of confidence in who was running it but as a way to stop PCs from posting out of turn and agrivating the situation
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

To reinterate Wayne mike and I are in complete agreement. :)

All is well.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

From my PM to Mike:
It's a mess. It's a mess because the PCs got hysterical. Locking the thread was absolutely the right thing to do.
I'm in agreement with your temporary measures. I also acknowledged that after the post I got/read Wayne's PMs and saw his efforts to defuse the situation. I have since spoken with Chris and am trying to mend things with Mike.
Just so you know, when I said "Chill out and trust the GM staff", I was considering you and Brian as GMs.
I did not however interpret as me being included, since I am under no delusions about my status with this game or my authority. I have attempted to act in the only capacity that you 5 have given me. Had I interpreted it the way you meant it, it would have made a big difference in my feelings. However my first "9 Points" are all still the same.

Stay tuned for an updated post about the thread soon.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Rassberry
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them