EVIL and PvP in a LARP

GM_Chris
GM

EVIL and PvP in a LARP

Post by GM_Chris »

Now our game kind of focuses on it, but at the moment there hasnt really been much int he way of PC vrs PC fights. Personally I am all about letting the PC's police themselves so let them do it.

I would like your thoughts on this though espeically when you have skills like disguise and multiple charactes that help buffer accountability.

I also want to discuss leathality of plot in the game. We plan on making rez ALOT harder to come by but we will adjust NPC's for more balanced play. How do you really feel about dieing?

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

If a pc is killing off another pc I think it best to have a gm around due to well the arguments and all that can arise in skills and all that in case ye old rules lawyering begins.

That's just me, but I've seen it where pc A is toast but then bitches because they didn't think pc B could do this and that. A GM presence would make it all official and all to help eleminate some of this I think.

As for dying, not a huge fan of it and I would like there to be options to bring someone back. However I think that after a set number of times or what have you forget it, that pc is gone.

Some lethal but not like super-lethal.

That's just me though. Massive extremes either way just is not my thing, but I'll go with whatever the GM staff decides.

:D
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

I have no problem with dieing.

As for PvP...well there is already plenty of backstabing in the game soooo...
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Hm...does Final Haven offer a BackPack version of GM's? Some of us might need to carry one around with them. ;-)
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Werd
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I think disguise could be better... as it is you can only disguise yourself as your own race and I understand the issues about accountability, but when you playing the only member (or one of a few) of a certain race and keep showing up as npcs that aren't common to Haven everyone is going to catch wise instantly.

So, it isn't very useful unless you’re a human really. I would like to see some way to use it for other races; maybe a chart of extra character points depending on how far removed from your body type the race is... Like cheap for elf to human, but expensive for Dwarf to Tsunotaur.

And honestly making these support and stealth disciplines so hard to use only funnels people to the damage swinging war monger type characters, because often we can't compete with them.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

I have to admit, I have issues with the multiple character thing. Yes, with some of the events that have gone down, I've considered bringing Rahl back tyo Haven for a while... but then what about Claude?

Does he just go off to a happy place where he can't be hurt while Rahl stirs shit up? Or does he just hang about doing what he always does waiting for someone to off him when I'm not looking.

I have problems with both of the above mentioned scenarios in all honesty... but I also see the need for people to have multiple PC's in some situations. Especially if the PC is aiding the GM's further a plot.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

One thing I am struggling with is that we have vreated a low leathal game in FH> It was scary, but few people as of late perma die and that can create alot of issues to a game. We want to take the game to a slightly more lethal standpoint in that if you get yourself beat down you should fear it.

When I was on the field as Dueger I would try and pull myself out of comabt after 9 AP's of damage or half life.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Wwwweeeeeelllllll....

from a RPing perspective, I can think of several reasons why a PC's charicter would not be in game.

McEwan for example, could very well be off to Woodhold seeking more information about the undead form the sages there, or he may have picked up a lead conserning the necromancer who raised his parents. When we get back to Haven I plan on resuming my post above the graveyard and I don't suspect any activity there until Saterday morning (P.S. anyone who goes into the graveyard after dark when they don't have to "needs killin'")
so I am likely to introduce a new charicter to play fryday night (Yes I to generally dislike playing more than one charicter/event, but, being driven by the Charicter, I have few options)

I honestly believe everyone playing this game can and does have some very lagitimate reasons why they may be playing a different charicter from time to time.

Heck, McEwan probably would not have gone to Frostfell if he had not been ordered to do so.

And let's be honest a change of pace once in a while can be a good thing.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I'm really not a big fan of playing multiple characters in an event. I say if you are going to play your alt character then it should be for the whole time or something along those lines.

Again this is just how I feel. I just think the multiple character thing can distract from the flow of the event. I don't mind people playing different characters, but not during the same time frame.

-j
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Kidwynn, typically I would agree with you wholeheartedly, however, unless Trev finally gets in touch with me, and/or something drastic happens in game the charicter I wish to play WILL NOT be in contact with anyone Friday night. Would sitting in the woods by my self stairing at the trees be good roleplaying? Yes. Is it something I want to do? Not a chance!

Admittedly it's my own fault, however I have set McEwan on a task that he, as the charicter, would not deviate from.

Upon his eventual arrival home to Haven, he will make another attempt to speak to Elder Quatzil, fill his wine skin and return to the watch he has set himself. If you're curious read "Lonely Duty" in "Continueing Adventures". It would be rude of me to expect some, poor schmuk, GM to sit alone in the woods with me, so i won't. I'll just come in Friday with a fun little char. , do a meet and greet so people get to know him, then come in all grumpy and short tempered sat. morn.

I just see it as the best RPing sollution to the situation. <shrug>
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

The major problem I have with people playing multiple characters at an event is this ...

Character A stirs up shit, pisses off the wrong person/people and is marked for death. Character A runs and hides and comes in as Character B. They play Character B until the people they pissed off leave the area, then come back in as Character A and stir up more shit (for example, taking advantage of lower level PCs while the higher level PCs are off on a plot).

Basically, I see it as a broken way for someone to avoid repercussion. Which, pisses me off royally.

Another potential problem is metagaming. All of a sudden Character A knows everything Character B knows. Another upset in my book.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Faerykin wrote:Basically, I see it as a broken way for someone to avoid repercussion. Which, pisses me off royally.

Another potential problem is metagaming. All of a sudden Character A knows everything Character B knows. Another upset in my book.
hopfully in time we will know each other well enough for this not to be a worry for you concerning me.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

As for Multiple characters in an event.. I can see the reason for them but yes they are a way to abuse the current system.. So either they have to use their role-playing honor not to abuse it.. or a set of rules in place for playing multiple characters in one event.

As for Dying.. I am all for making Rez a lot harder.. it seemed to me in my one event so far that a few people died.. and the people I was around were simply.. No prob we'll get him/her rezzed in a minute. Now I personally am no fan of dying.. but I also like to see a real penalty for going out and getting my butt kicked.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

I hate saying it, but we may have to limit the times someone ca n be brought back to some extent.