EVIL and PvP in a LARP

Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

If your character is going to be busy for awhile, you can always NPC in the meantime.

Bringing characters back to life needs to be a LOT harder. Very rare quest components should be required - components that are not always available, and when they are, are available in extremely limited numbers.
The components shouldn't last long, so they can't be stockpiled.
The quest to obtain the components should be extremely dangerous.
The components should have a chance of failing - or causing the resurection to go horribly wrong (summons forth an Underling rather then bringing back the dead).

Other options are death penalties - such as characters that die don't get their level increase at the end of the event.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I like Dallid's last suggestion, if you get rezed no level increase, it better than reducing the levels they already have.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

As a GM I rather make it so rezzing is possible with a more strict time limit so you have a limited number you can actually do. What this does is say you have 3 people dead..you can bring 2 back..the players decide who dies and that keeps the hate focused away from us and destiny in the hands of players.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Stuff

Post by Nelkie »

I personally don't mind muliple characters but strict rules have to be enforced when a person can change characters. I was figuring you only can change charcters Saturday Morning, Saturday dinner Break, Sunday Morning.
This limits the character running off and disappearing after a kill. And if a person kills a person right before a break, than they must wait until the next character change time, giving the other PC a chance to hunt down the SOB. If possible a NPC would be nice to be present during a PC Killing, but that is not always possible.

The problem about perma death is there is too many easy ways to bring a person back form the dead. I suggest removing the spell resume dead, changing recrantiation so a live person is required, and for raise dead and resurection a fresh live heart of the same race is used. Also, the person body must be inacted to bring them back. This where alchemy rules, because the potions can be stored, the arcane spell requires the live heart at the time of casting. And there should be stricter time limit for bring a person back. An alchemy potin should be used quickly, because it can be stored, but the arcane spell can have a greater time becasue the componets need to be collected before the casting.
We have many people dying in the game right now, but it is to easy to bring people back.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Stuff

Post by Malphus »

Nelkie wrote: recrantiation
OMG...is that reincarnation?
:wink: