2013 Event Dates/Locations

GM-Mike
GM

2013 Event Dates/Locations

Post by GM-Mike »

Here are the event dates and locations for 2013:

March 2nd Winter One Day (Rota-Kiwan, Indian Village)
April 26-28 (Long Lake Outdoor Center, bunkhouses, lodge, and hill cabins; 10370 Gun Lake Road in Middleville)
June 28-30 (Camp Kiwanis; whole camp; 676 W Dansville Rd in Mason)
August 16-18 (Camp Holaka; Medical Center, Crow's Nest, Director's Cabin, and Water's Edge; 1789 Horton Lake Rd in Lapeer)
October 4-6 (Long Lake Outdoor Center, bunkhouses, lodge, and hill cabins; 10370 Gun Lake Road in Middleville)

We're going to need your help in rating the different camps as we decide on a new home for us. If we end up not liking any of them, there are yet other camps for us to try. We know that Lapeer is not an ideal location for most. One of the above camps would be unrentable in the summer so if that camp was far and away the best (and it might be), the Lapeer camp might be a good alternative location that is not quite as far away as Port Huron. We're just exploring options.

Structurally, this year will look a lot like last year where there will be an overarching plotline to tie the events together. I think we learned a lot this last year so hopefully everything will flow well and we'll be able to better weave "the small stuff" into "the big stuff" more successfully. A particular focus of this offseason for me is to think about combat and how to bring some more creativity into it so it doesn't feel stale and to continue to work on making things challenging with small number of NPCs. I had a great year this past year and I am excited for what this next year will bring.

So that everything is in one place, those Winter Haven event dates again are:

one day
feb 8

march 22-24
june 7-9
sept 27-29
Nov 1-3

I have the CARPS dates as well but last I heard they were waiting on confirmation so i will wait to post those until I know they are confirmed.

For those interested in the CARPS dates, here they are:

Apr 12th-14th
May 17th-19th
June 21st-23rd
Aug 2nd-4th
Sept 13th-15th
Oct 18th-20th
Last edited by GM-Mike on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Hey Mike, Our one day is the 9th as well...
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Well that's bad planning :)

Sorry, I will try and fix that.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

my bad.
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

it's all good my man. It will be fixed.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

The August event is during GenCon.

:(
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Winter Date has been changed to the 22nd. The August date is unlikely to change as there are few dates that work for me. I apologize to those who would like to attend both FH and Gen Con.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

there are a bunch of us. :)
Travis Cole
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

I myself am sad that there won't be swimming in Lake Huron over gamebreak this year... :(
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Well there is a lake and beach right at Camp Holaka if that eases the pain a little bit...
Kiel Reid
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kiel Reid »

Definitely good locations for east siders. West side just got their travel time increased. However I don't think there is really much that can be done.
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

At most it's increased by one hour for those from muskegon. Not to bad, all things considered.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Like I said, just exploring options next year. It's possible we will feel the boy scout half of rota kiwan would be best or we may want to try additional sites the following year. We'll see how it goes and get all opinions before making long term decisions. There are also a couple sites that are really nice but more expensive and so if our numbers would grow and be steady at about 50 (which isn't much more than we got this past year) then we might be able to consider those as well.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Re: 2013 Event Dates/Locations

Post by Torakhan »

So, combined, this is what the FH/WH schedule looks like so far?
FINAL HAVEN , WINTER HAVEN , and CARPS

February 9th WINTER HAVEN One-Day
March 2nd FINAL HAVEN Winter One Day (Rota-Kiwan, Indian Village) https://maps.google.com/maps?q=6278+Tex ... amazoo,+MI
March 22-24 WINTER HAVEN
April 12-14 CARPS
April 26-28 FINAL HAVEN (Long Lake Outdoor Center, bunkhouses, lodge, and hill cabins; 10370 Gun Lake Road in Middleville) https://maps.google.com/maps?q=10370+Gu ... e+MI+49333
May 17-19 CARPS
June 7-9 WINTER HAVEN
June 21-23 CARPS
June 28-30 FINAL HAVEN (Camp Kiwanis; whole camp; 676 W Dansville Rd in Mason) https://maps.google.com/maps?q=676+W+Da ... ,+Mason+MI
August 2-4 CARPS
August 16-18 FINAL HAVEN (Camp Holaka; Medical Center, Crow's Nest, Director's Cabin, and Water's Edge; 1789 Horton Lake Rd in Lapeer) https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1789+Hor ... Lapeer,+MI
September 13-15 CARPS
September 27-29 WINTER HAVEN
October 4-6 FINAL HAVEN (Long Lake Outdoor Center, bunkhouses, lodge, and hill cabins; 10370 Gun Lake Road in Middleville) https://maps.google.com/maps?q=10370+Gu ... e+MI+49333
October 18-20 WINTER HAVEN (tentative)
October 18-20 CARPS

Last edited by Torakhan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

sweeet 8)
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.