the good ol days...

Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

... when I created Quen, I was told that Quen was from 50 years prior (the date he knew it as was "7 years after The Battle of Two Rivers") to the current time (this was April of 2005, I think?)

During Quen's original time, the building was then the Hunting Lodge of the local Lord Malcom, who controlled one of the smaller fiefdoms. The nearby town was also there. But when that time had merged with the current time, things from both times combined and thus the cemetery grew, and some buildings that had been around 50 years ago suddenly merged with buildings that had been put in their place since, there were new folks didn't know (implying that there were other people besides Quen who arrived to the new timeline as well) and (at least to Quen) the "Lodge"/Inn had been altered some in the sudden changes.

I was never told what the town's original name was before the latest Cataclysm, but there was one that stood where Haven did before.

However, after the Cataclysm, Lord Malcolm (one would assume) disappeared/lost control/died, and much of the original town was likely destroyed. Since the rest of the world (as was known at the time) was mostly destroyed, the area that is now "Haven" was the last (again, as was known at the time) places where crops could grow, and wasn't a total wasteland filled with such monsters as to make it uninhabitable.

It likely wasn't called "Haven" 50 years ago. Hell, maybe it didn't even have a name, but one it became a literal "last haven of the survivors of the Cataclysm", someone may have officially, or even un-officially called it "Haven" or the "Final Haven".

That's the info I got. Maybe it helps tie together some loose ends?
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

We are so going to dig up a "welcome to sodom and gamora" sign near the traveler, in game one of these days...
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"