Tipsy Traveler, May 2012: Thoughts?

What were your thoughts on The Tipsy Traveler prices for FOOD?

The prices were too high, but I wound up buying things anyways.
No votes
The prices were too high, so I didn't buy anything.
20%
The prices were just right, but I didn't buy anything.
40%
The prices were just right, and I bought stuff.
40%
The prices were just right, but I didn't buy anything.
No votes
I would have paid more, and I bought stuff.
No votes

Total votes: 5
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Tipsy Traveler, May 2012: Thoughts?

Post by Torakhan »

Just a general questionnaire regarding The Tipsy Traveler to make your event and ours better. Feel free to PM me if you have any ideas/concerns you'd like to suggest away from the public eye if you've got them.

Prices:
So, as a question to those who either did, or purposefully did not partake in food offered at The Tipsy Traveler: What were your thoughts on the prices?

Did you think they were just right? Too high for what you think they should be, or were they a bit lower than what you were willing to pay?

There are characters with hardly two copper to rub together, and there are characters who walk in with several gold handed to them at check-in (or others who don't have a problem acquiring the coin they want with one method or another.) So trying to create an In-Game price that works for the masses while still at least makes the expenditure of real money for coin makes sense.

This event I tried to keep it pretty simple (though not entirely formulaic) with the average drink (using a smaller cup this time rather than the large Solo cups we've used before) and small inexpensive snacks at 3cp/25¢, while slightly more expensive things like the sparkling grape juice, hot dogs, large fresh-baked cookies, and pizza slices were 5cp/50¢/75¢, and the much more RL costly items were 1sp/$1, or so.

Meal Plans:
With the Meal Plan also available, did you like having a choice between the two, or using both? (They are both operating separately both IC and OOC.) Did you experience any problems with the two being offered in the same location?

Any other questions/comments
We're always trying to best serve our customers (and friends), so if you have any comments or questions, feel free to speak up. We do this to enhance the game for you guys too whether that be offering late-night snacks, or a place to sell that useless thing you just acquired so you can pay for your upkeep, or whatever. So if you see glaring issues, please let us know.

(Also, with Port Huron being the next event, we'll have a full kitchen and walk-in fridge, so we may be able to use/hire a full-time cook in-game. If you're interested and able to work reliable hours behind the counter and prepare food on a whim, maybe we can talk. ;) )
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

My only suggestion would be healthier choices.

Gatoraide instead of soda pop, fruit instead of cookies, that sort of thing.

also, I didnt pay attention to the OOG pricing, but the IG pricing seems high to me only because of I feel the coin flowing into PC hands, other than a few PCs positioned in the town leadership, is thin.
Last edited by Wyrmwrath on Thu May 17, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Not knowing what was meal plan and what was typsy traveller left me afraid to approach the kitchen between meals at all.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

The prices seemed right, but Cirrus is a stingy bird, so I didn't buy a lot. Also, Amanda prefers water, so having some other choices would be good (Iced Tea, Gatorade, Crystal Light/Gatorade). The only anomaly was the banana bread - I understand supply and demand, but 2sp ($2!) a slice seemed steep.
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH