Frostfell / November Event

Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Frostfell / November Event

Post by Tonia Glowski »

First, a bit of history. Back some months ago, I was approached by plot to run a one-day mod for the Final Haven players in November. It was plot's intention to pay for the mod day as a GIFT to Final Haven players. A way of thanking them and rewarding them with something a little extra special. They are paying for it OUT OF POCKET. I was asked to run the event, so that the plot guys would have a break and maybe even PC... imagine that! Whether they take advantage of that opportunity or not, I don't know, but it was a neat idea at the time.

I began working on this plot several months ago. Then, the Player base decided they wanted a full event. The plot guys considered it and forked over MORE MONEY, while I changed my plot around to accommodate a weekend event. This is no complaint, nor do I think I'm a martyr, but please keep in mind that this is how this whole situation developed.

The plot hook was introduced at the September event. I will not disclose what was introduced OOG, but I will say this:

AT NO TIME WERE ANY PCs EVER TOLD THEY COULDN'T PLAY, NOR WERE THEY INTENDED TO BE PIGEONHOLED INTO ANYTHING.

However... and I will declare here... this event is going to present serious opportunities for roleplaying. As far as I recall, there are descriptions of general attitudes about all sorts of races and disciplines (and some stuff we need to learn in game). You CHOSE to play your character. And you CHOSE your character concept. This means that not every single plot, mod, mission, PC and/or NPC is going to cater with your desire as a player to participate in the way that you want to during every scene you encounter. I would hope that you would want challenges to be presented to your character. That being said, I will tell you here, this plot IS designed for participation by ALL different character types. But what you hear in game as a character needs to be kept seperate from your complaints as a player.

As far as things being disclosed to the player base, I don't think I understand. Do players really expect plot to disclose what's going to happen to them at the next event in advance? I certainly hope not. Watch the boards, watch the threads, talk in game, and trust me, WHEREVER it is that you end up at this next event, there will be an IN GAME reason why your character is wherever your character is. Even if people don't read the boards, there is a plan for them as well. Just show up like you would at any normal event and things will get sorted at the game on meeting. Please guys, just trust this...

THIS IS MY ONLY REQUEST: For plot reasons, please select ONE character to play at the November event. This is a humble request, and I really think it will enhance the atmosphere of the scenes that will be presented to you all. If you have a problem with this, please contact me and we can discuss things.

I apologize for not having been able to attend to these questions and concerns earlier, however I was expecting to have internet access two weeks ago and well, I guess I got challenged in this scene. :)

Just relax and come out to enjoy the event... I don't think you will be disappointed. And you might want to thank the plot peeps for their gift and appreciation for their player base.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

I think that most of the bad vibes you're getting is from the accumulation of several days worth of post. :) I believe that most everyone had moved past the acclimation stage and to the "eager to see what happens" stage....Or at least I have :D

Oh, and I can't tell you who I really am (it's a secret :D ) but I can give you a hint...I'm the only dwarf in town that doesn't have to glue on his beard :lol:
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

I'm the only dwarf in town that doesn't have to glue on his beard
Actually, that's not true. You just haven't met Keil, yet.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

my foo-paa
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

Lambic doesn't glue his beard, do ya Lambic? *yanks Lambics beard*
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Damn Skippy! course mines not as nice as his either :(
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Lambic wrote:Damn Skippy! course mines not as nice as his either :(
<blush> gee...thanks
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

I plan to play Donmayo the full time, as long as I am able to open the sending circle/ recieving when/if they all come home as Eli. Then if there is an issue I can take my hr, switch pc's cast the spell, take my hr, switch back. Either way, Donmayo in Frost place.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW