Post by Dallid »

Quick list of possible personas based on some possible skill combos:

Warrior/Monk – Hercules, Ninja
Rogue/Monk – Ninja
Warrior/Assassin - Ninja
Sage/Pike Man – Samurai
Sage/Knight – Samurai
Sage/Man-at-Arms - Samurai
Empath/Alchemist – Explosives expert (or 'crazy-boom-guy')
Healer/Monk – Monk
Sage/Monk - Monk
Warrior/Arcane – Paladin
Healer/Knight – Paladin
Healer/Man-at-Arms – Paladin
Emapth/Witch Hunter – Duelist Mage
Rogue/Interrogator – Torturer, Underworld Enforcer
Empath/Eater of the Dead - Witchdoctor
Empath/Undead Slayer - Paladin, Essence Mage
Rogue/Druid - Eco-terrorist
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Savage/Sage: The old crone who gives Bulvi leads as to where the Vendel are in 13th Warrior.

Savage/Druid/Warlord: The crazy Snake Woman who was the leader of the Grendel (or Vendel however you want to look at it)

Savage/Sage: Jojen Reed from Song of Fire and Ice. He gets info from waking dreams or visions.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Empath

Post by Nelkie »

More RP ideas

Emapth abilities
Spell casting
Muntant - lazer beems from eyes, body control
Control of the elements - throw fire, pull air from person lungs to put them asleep
Reality manupliation - You will be hit with energy
Equipment based - special stones that create the effects
Illlusions
etc....

Rouge/ Scout - Highway man

Rouge - trouble shooter, thief, buglar, trap master, scout, pirate, assasin, warrior, spy, etc..
My Thoughts

Aaron
Buren_Naal
New in Town
New in Town

the savage sage

Post by Buren_Naal »

well, I get your point on the savage sage.

I didn't realize there was that much play with game mechanics. good 'nuff

Steve.
Buren_Naal
New in Town
New in Town

Magic and such

Post by Buren_Naal »

Arcane:

I have always been fond of Magic(k) being perceived as a force, a type of energy to harness. I think this is probably the way an Empath/Arcane would view the interplay. EMPATHs are kinda funny though for finding literary examples because they are sort-of a new construct. Circe would probably be an Empath/Arcane witha little Alchemist.

A warrior/arcane, of course, would probably see spell-craft as a means of tactical advantage. A good melding of magic and sword-play as always is the elf. It seems in their nature to meld the two effortlessly. Gilgamesh and Hiawatha were both attributes to have wizard-like powers and are clearly primarily warriors.

Rogue/Arcane, i see this as your archetypal Ninja. It is a master of darkness, stealth and mysticism. throw a little assassin in there and you're set. Also i think...long stretch...the Grey Mouser from the Lanhkmar books was a thief/wizard type. It just seems that wizards (aside from Tolkein) are notoriously ball-less. Balls is the main staple of the rouge. it would be a weird medium. But...i think we was a Black mage wihich was liber's code for Necro...

Sage/arcane. Its what we all know. 'nuff sed. Unless it were a savage/sage/arcane who summoned spirits to get info...Gandalf, merlin, Aes Sedai, etc....

healer/arcane: This is the typical "cleric" of d+d fame. A spell weilding, hearty defensive warrior. Also some (small) room for something paladinnic, but that I feel is more Undead Slayer...i digress.

These are my frst impressions on the interplay between Arcane and the five Paths. Of course they are non-attenuated for lifestyle. (except for the sage crack) :evil:

--HoAd

...to come: Man-at-Arms
aka Duncan
Buren_Naal
New in Town
New in Town

empath

Post by Buren_Naal »

Emapth abilities
Spell casting
Muntant - lazer beems from eyes, body control
Control of the elements - throw fire, pull air from person lungs to put them asleep
Reality manupliation - You will be hit with energy
Equipment based - special stones that create the effects
Illlusions
Dude, we can play mutants?

:!:
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Yup

Post by Nelkie »

It is all in the effect. It's kind like suppers. The mechanincs are the same, but the effect can be different for each person. I personaly think it gives flavor to the game. You might have 3 empath that do the same thing, but all there have different efftect.

The Earth emapth throws magic balls of rock
The muntant uses magic electicty
The arcane summons a ball of energy.

Just an idea
My Thoughts

Aaron
Buren_Naal
New in Town
New in Town

Man at arms

Post by Buren_Naal »

He's my favorite He-Man Character, and now...the topic of our conversation. None other than Man-at-Arms. I think man-at-arms embodies your run-of-the-mill rowdy, rough and tumble hero type. two kinds of resist, extra damage, press...all that spells BAMF. but enough about rules, to comment on roles.

Warrior/man-at-arms: This seems like the obvious choice and offers no real depth to the character. This guy (or gal) is all about beef. Nuts out.
USDA grade a (sorry kabre)

Rogue/man-at-arms: When I hear this, i think of Mad Mardigan. Some would argue he's more swashbuckler...but I think man-at-arms.

Empath/man-at-arms: Yeah...I got nothin.

more to come
Buren_Naal
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Buren_Naal »

Maybe the Empath/Man-at-Arms could be the mystical warrior. Another take on the fighter/mage. This time more mage than fighter. Maybe this is how an Elf may like it....All kinds of offensive capabilities, hehe.

Sage/Man-at-Arms: Kinda seems like a waste, don't it? Well, let's explore...the super expert. Someone very similar to Doc Samson. A man of extreme learning, yet also someone willing to mix it up. The HULK when he has banner's mind. No lit. examples, though. I could see it....

Healer/Man-at-Arms: This is another version of your classic AD+D Cleric.

Half-cocked, but those are my thoughts on Man-at arms. Instant Hero...just add discipline.
Buren_Naal
New in Town
New in Town

Assassins!

Post by Buren_Naal »

This is a topic very near and dear to my heart. Those guys! They slay me.

Starting with the Paths:

Warrior/Assassin: The Thugi. Anime is also chocked full of killers who rely on more than their training in stealth and murdery. Some of them just flat out know how to FIGHT. A truly DEADLY combo, mechanics wise. I can kill you by surprise but if that fails, I got that too. Nikita from "La Femme..."

Empath/Assassin: I think this screams Ninja. The magical killer. How sweet.

Rogue/ Assassin: This is the Western idea of assassin. One who kills draped in shadow. I need not extrapolate.

Sage/ Assassin: This is also very Eastern thought. Dedication and trainging are seen as highly positive things. The popular culture is full of the imagry of the killer who learns so much that he can stop your heart by saying a word. It kindof muddles in with Monk but that is kind of (as in AD+D) the catch-all Asian character.

Healer/ Assassin: In the words of Sara Connor, "To make him a better killer" In reference to the Anatomy programs of the T-100. This is someone who trains in the working of the body with the express interest in finding how it breaks. Like a demo expert first learning engineering. You must learn to build before we can tear down. Also, I think being Assassins are so covert, Healer/Assassin is a great cover.
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

Savage/Sage: Jojen Reed from Song of Fire and Ice. He gets info from waking dreams or visions

Thats Song of Ice and Fire Wayne. :D
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Buren_Naal
New in Town
New in Town

"The Druids" words and music by Enya

Post by Buren_Naal »

Druids:

Warrior/Druid: The shaman that leads the charge. A spiritually attuned Wild-oriented Warrior.

Rogue/Druid: This is a hard one to imagine. Rogues are so self-oriented/ Druids are so non-self. I can think of this being totemic of the Cat or Raven (I know...totem equates the "R" word, but you almost spell it out with the "chosen animal" idea.

Empath/Druid: "The Guardian" horror film from the late 80's, not the TV show. Check it out.

Healer/Druid: This is archetypal of the AD+D druid.

Sage/Druid: Druid are so action packed. Sages are so not. hmm...I'd have to ponder that one. Ah...the contemplative Druid. Find the grove. Meditate.
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

Sage/Bur/Arcane: Tebetian monks would be in this archtype.
Sage/Duird/Arcane: Oder of the whisperin' Ord of the 1775
Sage/Arcanes/Monks: Franiscan Monks
Sage/Warroir/Knights: Knight of the Templar
Empath/Arcanist: Ord of the Golden Dawn
Empath/Sage: The Three Sisters of Fate of old Greek myths
Rogue/Warroir/Bur: Robin of the Hood, Captin John Paul Jone
Rogue/Arcanist: The grey mouser form Lankin (old school d&d)
War/Sav/Beastmen: Harriorson Axemen, the Coursac of the Russian steps.
And what is he greatly thought , he nobly dared.
by Homer
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Some more people just earned themselves resources!!!!!! You Guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This info will be invaluable for the next step.

Woot Woot!!!!

Ok the next step....In the rule book next year we want to put in RP examamples for each discipline kind of like how white wolf does it.

ATM not all combos have been explained and the formats are all different.

Big task I am asking for here is a consistant format with all combinations explained giving the widest amount of RP coolness ideas for new people.

For example it would be cool if say under warrior we give ideas of what it means to be a warrior. Then under say knight give an idea of what a knight is like n general and then under Knight give an example of say How a warrior knight would be based on those two.

So lets see.. A warrior has a certain way of looking at the world...All knights have a set of laws or code they live by...now combine. warrior knight, healer knight on and on. Now I dont know best way this should look or be so that is why I am asking help. Notice I left morality out..your example should include good and evil ideas so people do not get RP bound.

Now for the good part:
THe prize: I am not looking for board posts but a word file sent to me at the e-mail address wayne has posted. You can work individually or as a team. Ether way the winning team/individual will recieve Points using our new point system and or a perm magic item depending on the quality of the job.

Dead lines for this are January 10th Enjoy

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I can understand giving examples of some of the combos but every one? That will cause the book to swell quite abit. Examples of a few archtypes should be good to get the point across. If the game was as complex as some others with loads and loads of skills arranged in an awkward way I could see it but it's not. Besides I thought you guys were going to leave the RP aspect to the player. I think if you put in the book that an example of a priviledged\rogue\archer\scout (yeah yeah I know) is Robin Hood you'll get alot of Robin Hoods and a few other types instead of abunch of different types. Just my opinion though.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~