Um...what is Frostfell?

McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Um...what is Frostfell?

Post by McEwan »

Seance I (for RP reasons) will not read "Continueing Adventures" that I am not on, is there something I should know, from a players point of view, about the Frostfall story's effect on the Nov. event?
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

"a trip to frosfell" thread was started under continuing adventures, and it starts in the inn. unless you were gone on some errand out of town, i think you can pretty safely read the thread and just assume that you wander into the inn at some point.
Moo.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

I agree with the cow

Chris

mooooo
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

What I think you are looking for is:

"Yes, the event will be held in a different IG location, thus if your character would follow people to Frostfell, then do so. If not, then NPCing is a good way to go."
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

why just npc, why can we not just go make our own fun? I mean I know it is a lot to ask of the GM's. But I have a few things I would like to go do that are not in ForstFell. Some of us are wishing to go exploring around the town. Help try a clear out things like the graveyard, some of the beast man, problems, and the such. Why should we be push into npcing if we have other goals. Do not get me wrong guys I am all for helping out. I have always been up for that you know that. I know that I am most likely gone to get push into ForstFell because of other folks actions. But if at all possible a group of us are gone to try an tackle things for lower point pc's. Do to the fact I know that a few of my friends are coming. An I do not think that putting into the combat fray like we had at the tower. Which was my first event, as well as it was for a few others. Does that make sence to folks or am I off my rockers?
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

It is highly logistically impossible to run two different locations simaltaneoulsy.

It sadens me to hear a person in the FH game talk about plots for lower level characters since I dont think there is another larp in existence that has less gap between new and veteran characters.

This particular event the other game masters were going to allow me to play. They are nice. I was going to play a full blown character for testing purposes, but I think I will play the other end of the spectrum.

I will play a character with 0 skills, not a one. I will take the HP of the path/race/life style I pick, but none of the skills.

I will come in with a weapon and a shield. I bet you money I will be one of the most needed people on the field and probably the most dynamic and influencial. Well maybe not the most, but I will be up there.

I will do this to make a point of usefullness.

I went on a high level plot in CARPS as a 0 level character with 800 plus characters wielding a dagger and hell I felt usefull so I know it is possible in FH

Reading rules rots the brain

Chris
Chris
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Neshca:

Basically here is the deal - The November event is not an event, it is what is known as a "module". If you wish to do those other things, you can, if the NPCs have time to deal with them inbetween events. (ie: You can RP them online, but not offline in November, cause they have other plans for the November event).
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Good phrasing there Brad

Hey on a side note we dont create any plots with a certain level in mind.

Infact some monsers, because of how they are, count hits not damage so doing 3 or 1 is no different. :)

I wont say which monsters those are.

Also, 5 newb healers can take out KA. We tested it..not hard either.

Chris
Chris
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

LOL The words graveyard and lower pt PC's should never be in the same sentence.

CARPS and FH are vastly different games that really don't compare much.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I completely agree 100% with Erik.

CARPS and FH are two very different games.

There really isn't that much of a difference between the players for all are DEADLY on any given day.

For example, like Chris said 5 newbie healers could take out Ka.

There really aren't high/low point plots. Just plots designed to good role-playing and a good tactical display of skills.

For example the Ants

-Julie
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

I think what Nashca was refering to were new players not nessacerily new charicters.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Hmm well a new character? This could be an opportunity to meet hem in frostfell.

Might make a good story.

Chris
Chris
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

Quick question again. Will the trip to Frostfell take place before, or durring the event?
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

It is presented as being a long trip so it would have to take place between events
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Please see my Frostfell post for your answer, McEwan (sorry, I don't know your real name).
Why should we be push into npcing if we have other goals.
Nobody is pushing you into anything. Roleplay your character. Or choose other options if you think you'll have more fun.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)