Frostfell OOC Questions

GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

LOL not a prob babe

Chris

I dont have wisdom.. I have small moments of calm between spastic fits of weirdness.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

Eh - toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe.
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

just read that "utter" comment, HAHAHAAHAHA *squirt* :D
Moo.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Chris, you misquoted me pal...
if they are a good RPer and their PC would stay behind, then like myself they really have 3 choices
IF a players set up his Pc to care about orders given by a superior ranked house member, cares the what impact ignoring the kind requests of other PCs to stay behind in this case so as to avoid conflict or increase the difficulty the other PCs will have in the new town they are trying to aid, or was created to be generally willing to go with the flow and do what’s best for town...then for the players to suddenly go against that just because they "wanna attend" is bad role playing. That’s not to say that a plausible reason cannot be found by a good role player, just that if a PC was created with a personality that would make the PC chose to do what was asked or ordered, then a good role player would make that choice.

Personally, from what I/Jux have seen of Nook, I can see her saying "kiss my black rump, I'm going!"; I can also see her deciding she doesn’t care enough about the residents of Frostfell to risk herself for such racially biased presents. Neither would surprise me and I would consider both good RP choices. I honestly don’t know the other PCs well enough to make similar evaluations, but I was in no way implying anyone should make their Pc chose anything other than what a real person with the personality and views identical to the PC would chose to do. That is what makes good RPing, would someone who really felt and believed as "this" PC do that/not do that.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Okay, I've been gone for two weeks and am just getting a chance to catch up with this, so please allow me to say this:

Just roleplay your character. If you wanna go and your character would go, then go. But I can't believe people are going to be upset if EVERY single plot wasn't designed to be ideal for them and their character concept. This weekend is designed to be VERY roleplaying intensive. There are certain factors which have been set up to complement this.
Now what would be bad Role-playing is if we as GM's played our NPC's in such a way that instantly slaughtered undesierable races infront of said rescuers.
You're absolutely right, Chris.

For more on the Frostfell weekend, see my other post.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)