Frostfell OOC Questions

Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

(OOG: Ummmm, if you're character doesn't go on the trip, then your character can't be at the event. So you're asking me and Dan to not play our characters? Just trying to clarify.)
Anvyrin Onyk'undi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anvyrin Onyk'undi »

(OOG: If Erika and I cant play our characters then why would we go to the event? So were going, and thats that. Any questions?)
Vir-Drake

Former Captain of the Azure Shields
Former traveler with evil
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

OOC(((As I see it, anyone that has a PC that is being asked to "stay behind" due to race would have a few choices:

1) Ignore the request to stay behind, and either follow the rest of town blatently or in secret and deal with the consequences when the PCs arrive in Frostfell and the event begins.

2) Create and play a different PC (as it seems the entire orc tribe will have to do since they have agreed to stay and protect town because of thr possible conflict in frostfell). This is a gret time to try something new that your not real attached to.

3)offer to NPC (as a few of the orc tribe might do that do not want a second PC). I am sure the GMs have no issue having extra vict...uhm...help in monster camp.

4) chose not to play the PC that is an issue in frostfell, chose not to make another PC, chose not to NPC, chose to stay home where it will be warm and find another way to blow 20 dollars hqaving fun for the weekend.

Just as an incentive, the orcs are playing naked orkball covereb in oil and mud while they are pritecting the town. It promises to be a fun time for all involved. But remember to bring your own rubber gloves and cucumbers....we cany supply them for everyone!)))
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

OOC(((A GM will never tell a player that they CANNOT play a particular PC. The individual players will have to decide what their PCs will do based on the information they (the PC) have obtained IN GAME, just as always.)))

Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

OOG(yea, but if the answer to what your character would do is fairly obvious (i.e. would NOT participate in this adventure lest he/she be killed) then you've really forced what the player has to do, and that player now has nothing to do at the event, which isn't very cool)
Moo.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

OOC(((every player has 4 choices, if they are a good RPer and thier PC would stay behind, then like myself they really have 3 choices...play another PC, NPC, stay home. Its the same if they were faced with the choice during an event. When the Player choses a race, especialy non-human they must accept that it comes with advantages AND disadvantages. )))

Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

OOG(ya, i was going to post that I personally dont have a problem with it, but i can totally see other people being upset that they REALISTICALLY can't play their character this event (their character can be there be there but will need to sit on his or her ass the whole time). I guess since it's a free event, nobody can really complain, and maybe thats why this is happeneing, but I just think it'd be cooler not to design a plot stipulation that so obviously leaves out a bunch of people. yea, you can be a "good roleplayer" and waste your weekend, but why?... lets continue this in the general discussion thread)
Moo.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Realistically....

Some characters have other pcs that will have their back even if they are not the ones initially liked or whatever at the new location. Just be smart, don't wonder off and stay with the group.

If your pc would go then go and trust that some of the allies you have will be there for you.

Chris made a good point in the other thread.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

well i guess we have to convince donovan of that. he's ordered us to stay, so i have to stay.
Moo.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Hey not really sure who all is going, but ya know someone will stick up for Kabre.

:P
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

I got one word for you dark cow.

MUTINY!!!!! :)
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

A bit unsure as to why a seperate post was made for this thread so I really hope that the two dark elves pay attention. :)

First..I COMPLETELY and UTTERLY in every way dissagree with Brian's comment that a "Good" Role-player would not go to Frostfell.

This again is a common theme in alot of movies. Take Far scape for the Far scape fans out there. here you got a ship full of different races and in almost every episode 1 of the races was hated for being at what ever planet they were at. Now these wonderfully played characters ALWAYS found their way onto the planet knowing they were going to be hunted down and killed. Fun stuff and it made for a good story.

Now what would be bad Role-playing is if we as GM's played our NPC's in such a way that instantly slaughtered undesierable races infront of said rescuers.

Will you be trusted? Probably not. Could there be dark elves there that are behind the scenes? Possibly Does this mean that bringing a hated race would be bennificial to a plot? Well most definitly. Does that mean any of this is true? No

So what is Chris saying? I am saying chill out. If you are playing a hated race then act appropriatly. Like I wouldnt go off by yourself and then start a verbal fight with the leader of Frostfell since you will most likely die. I can thing of at least 5 to 15 reasons why a hated race would go to frostfell. Forexample, Brad's orc thinks he is an elf so he will obviously not care about any of this. For Brad's orc to NOT go would be horrible meta gamming and I would strike his ass dead..after I kissed him. (he is dam sexy)

Will you as a dark elf be loved by NPC's..no..get over it because anaosity is what makes these games fun.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Re: RE

Post by WayneO42 »

GM_Chris wrote:UTTERLY
That was for you Bob..Utterly get it hahaha
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

*applauds the wisdom of The Chris*
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

I'm sorry I started all of this. Never meant for it to get this far. The original point of my question was just to ask what our options were, if indeed playing our characters wasn't one of them. I was confused. So again, sorry.

And by the way, no... Nuk doesn't give a shit if people hate her.

I just felt pressured from some people to not play my character, which was pissing me off.

Again, sorry I started all of this. I wasn't trying to whine, just clarify.