Frost Fell

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Frost Fell

Post by Nelkie »

Ok, does any one beside me think it is chessy that certain PC's can play their characters at the next event becasue a certain plot does not allow them?

Question, is the Frost Fell trek only a small plot during the event, or is it the entire event? Is there going to be plots going on a town? I'm just trying to get a feel for the next event.

By the way, here is an idea to minimize people not playing at the next event.
Use a sending circle to send most of the town to fight on behalf the lady. the circle can be used outside the town of Frostfell in a seculded spot. And after the battle, the same technique could be used to get everyone back to town. The orc's and darkelf's could NPC during the battle and that would still allow the marjority of the event to be played out in town.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I also questioned what was going on in the other thread.

Another possible thing would be they could come along with us (or follow, if necessary) and then stay/camp outside of Frost Fell. It could be usefull to have a group of our people nearby to watch our backs in case of attack or invasion, etc.

But we really do need a clarification on what is going on.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I have to agree with Aaron and Wes. Not allowing pcs to play their characters at this coming even isn't really great. I mean people have been looking forward to playing said characters and if this Frostfell thing is the majority of the weekend that really isn't fair to them.

Guess we could always put a hood of a cloak over them and then when interacting with other NPCs have them remain silent or something, but still.

Ok, time for me to stop putting in my two cents.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

As I recall nobody ever said they couldnt play their characters.

What was said IG was that they would not be looked upon kindly and that it would be best for those who are going to not bring them. Since when have the people of final haven given a damn what anyone else thinks??

You want to play a dark elf, or an arcanist, or an empath. Well then you made a character choice just like everyone else. Now you have to make another choice in game. Do you risk your character and everyone elses characters by going on the frostfell plotline, or do you help the game and NPC for that plotline?
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

See Evan... even you are making it sound like it'd be selfish to play our characters.
Do you risk your character and everyone elses characters by going on the frostfell plotline, or do you help the game and NPC for that plotline?
I just feel like we're being pigeonholed into NPCing, which is bullshit.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

As I see it, anyone that has a PC that is being asked to "stay behind" due to race would have a few choices:

1) Ignore the request to stay behind, and either follow the rest of town blatently or in secret and deal with the consequences when the PCs arrive in Frostfell and the event begins.

2) Create and play a different PC (as it seems the entire orc tribe will have to do since they have agreed to stay and protect town because of thr possible conflict in frostfell). This is a gret time to try something new that your not real attached to.

3)offer to NPC (as a few of the orc tribe might do that do not want a second PC). I am sure the GMs have no issue having extra vict...uhm...help in monster camp.

4) chose not to play the PC that is an issue in frostfell, chose not to make another PC, chose not to NPC, chose to stay home where it will be warm and find another way to blow 20 dollars hqaving fun for the weekend.

Just as an incentive, the orcs are playing naked orkball covereb in oil and mud while they are pritecting the town. It promises to be a fun time for all involved. But remember to bring your own rubber gloves and cucumbers....we cany supply them for everyone!
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I sheepishly admit that I have not followed everything on these boards and so do not necessarily know all that has happened, BUT didn't the Frostfell people request the town's help? Who are they to request one person's help over another? If they don't like it, who cares? Are you telling me that Onyks cares?

The only other thing that I will say on this is that there are enough allies around, I would think (and so would you if you thought about it) to help protect your town while you are gone. Besides, if all the NPCs are in Frostfell, who's left to attack the town?
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Question

Post by Nelkie »

The question is, will the event be staged in Forst Fell, or a mix of the Forst Fell and the town?
My Thoughts

Aaron
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

According to what I heard in game as jux, the town was asked to travel a month to Frostfell to help supplement their troops to protect a wedding....seems to be all Frostfell since they hate mages {and non-humans (orks and dark elves on the top of that list)} and gave the stink eye to the sending circle idea. It was even stated they have organised, politicly supported groups of witch hunters there.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

You can assume the event will take place entirely in Frostfell, yes.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

OK Mike.

Then we are back to the argument of whether or not some people can play their pc.

Hummm...I dunno, this is me but I would say screw that to people looking for help and take whomever wants to go. If they want to be asses about it then they will have much sucking up to do to the races and arcanes once they bail them out.

But this is just me and I can be a pain in the butt.

:P
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

It is a plot..but ofcourse you can play your PC. :)

I mean it all to create good RP'ing. If you are a hated race well then make sure you keep close to the favored races. Dont wander alone!

This is a classic plot line in any sit down game or movie. It happens all the time so play accordingly.

Plus I doubt the inhabitants are going to slaughter say 1 orc in the midst of their saviors. Again..dont end up alone.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

As a side note, Tonia will be running the majority of the on-line adventure for us. Make sure you copy me or another GM on any IC PMs or emails
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I'm glad that someone decided to tell the players before they showed up expecting to play a normal game. At least we don't have to decide at the game whether or not we want to participate or NPC or if we have costuming for another character, or a concept for another character... you see where I'm going with this I hope.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Peace420 wrote:I'm glad that someone decided to tell the players before they showed up expecting to play a normal game. At least we don't have to decide at the game whether or not we want to participate or NPC or if we have costuming for another character, or a concept for another character... you see where I'm going with this I hope.
[rant]
I think I do know where you are going with it and quite frankly it upsets me. There was absolutely NO GM statement telling you you cannot play your character, in fact, it was a PC who ordered characters to stay behind. That is a player choice. The only thing we want to do as GMs is offer an alternative if your character would not go. This plot line was developed when the event was a one day event so it was not such a big deal. Due to PC demand, we forked over considerably more money to make this a full event in appreciation for the players and to send Brighton Rec off with a bang. Now, we are too far into deployment to rewrite it.

If you want to play your character, then play your character. Come up with a reason to go. If you want to try a new character, write one up. If you want to NPC, then NPC. There are just as many options available for this event as others and it is FREE. It is also a month away and there are 3 threads on the board regarding the event. The post where people were discluded by A PLAYER CHARACTER was just made a little over a week ago in an IN GAME forum. I think it is best handled in an IN-GAME maner from here out[/rant]

I'm done
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!