January 29th event

GM-Mike
GM

January 29th event

Post by GM-Mike »

I'm looking forward to our one-day event at the end of the month, January 29. We will plan on check-in at about 10 with the intention of starting the game no later than 11. We will go until about 9 or so, followed by games for anyone who is interested. Bring your own games if you have a favorite. Otherwise, I'll have plenty.

The in-game reason for the event will be announced in the near future (if it hasn't somewhere else without my knowledge already). I'll update this thread with that information.

As in the past, we will be doing this event potluck style. If you know what you are bringing and wish to post, feel free to do so. We have never had any shortage of good food for these events

The address for Camp Wacousta is 13360 Wacousta Rd, Grand Ledge MI 48837. Camp Wacousta is in a residential area, divided into two sections by a road and a river. We are at the Holiday Haven side (same as last year for those of you who attended). The other half has a different address so as long as you stick to the one I gave you it shouldn't be a problem. I only emphasize because I know people went to the other side last year.

That's all for now. I'll update this post as more information is available.

Mike
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

$20!

Post by Torakhan »

The 1-Day event's cost will be $20.

((replacing my own question of the cost of the 1-day with the found information from another thread.))
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

I might as well start the pot luck festivities...

I'll be brining:

Snickerdoodles
Confectioner Sugar Cookies

Dan (Galen): Will probably be brining some loose meat Sandwiches. If someone would like to bring some buns that would be greatly appreciated. We'll probably be brining like 3 lbs worth.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Adam and I will be bringing crock pot mashed potatos and sweedish meatballs.

And possibly one other thing, which I will update at a later date...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

For the benefit of new players attending the one day event (I know there are at least 2), as you probably know your first event is free. As you also may have noticed, the one day event is cheaper than other events. What we are going to do is give you a 30 dollar credit. So you can get this event for free and ten dollars off your next event or you can pay for this event and get the next event for free. However you want to do that is fine by me.
Alice Tex
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alice Tex »

I got a 5 quart crock pot for x-mas, and I've been DYING to use it! ^_^ Any ideas? Requests??

Art, you bringing hot cocoa again? I hope so! Once again, I'll be bringing my coffee pot for anyone who wants tea, coffee, etc... ^_^
"Pity the selfish, for they do not know charity...pity the cruel, for they do not know kindness...and pity the heartless, for they do not know love." ~ Alice
Salvatore_Tenhammers
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Salvatore_Tenhammers »

If I can secure transportation I can bring some potato salad. Granted I'm not making it, my mom is. So fo those of you who know what that means, Yay!!
If you want it we got it. If we don't got it, we'll get it.
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

planning on bringing some cider and spices for hot mulled cider, but haven't decided what else i'm bringing...
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

CJ and I will be bringing cheesy potatoes and sweet and sour meatballs (the ones I made for the feast.)

i'll probably bake too, but that depends on how ambitious I am.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Since some one gave an me entire turkey, Which I turned into broth, I will be making two kinds of turkey soup. Probably turkey and Barley, and something else.
Travis Cole
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Alice Tex wrote: Art, you bringing hot cocoa again? I hope so! Once again, I'll be bringing my coffee pot for anyone who wants tea, coffee, etc... ^_^
That contraption was Phil's little doo-hickey. I'm unsure if he'll be there, but maybe we can manage to steal it for a few days.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Zydana
GM

Re: January 29th event

Post by Zydana »

Ovak Stonecrusher wrote:
The in-game reason for the event will be announced in the near future (if it hasn't somewhere else without my knowledge already). I'll update this thread with that information.
*nudge*
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The in game reason is that everyone is invited to witness the union of Queen Esmerelda and Atreus Darkwell. If you are a new character, you may have heard of the event--this type of news travels fast and far--or you may just be travelling through. It's up to you.

The event will occur at the Mining Village so that the elven king may be a part of the event. As you may recall, he is stuck there and is as of now unable to leave.
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

I'm bringing Chili, as is Eric Brand and Nate. Were going to have an impromptu Chili Cookoff.
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Alice Tex
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alice Tex »

Will be bringing various baked goods...a throwback to the Old School ^_^
"Pity the selfish, for they do not know charity...pity the cruel, for they do not know kindness...and pity the heartless, for they do not know love." ~ Alice