influence

Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

influence

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Where do we send our influence expenditures? And what about those people who don't have net access? I know for certain that Karen does not, and there might be others.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Since we're on the topic, I'd be interested in hearing a GM's opinion about how Donovan's influence should be spent. He's certainly not a member of any guild, but he was "elected" by the guilds as a whole. I'm assuming his office falls within the house, but does it have its own influence? If not, where (if anywhere) should/can the influence of the Elder/Constable and his troops be spent?
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

And two more questions...

#1 - When do we accumulate build and influence? By the end of the event? Or at the beginning of the next one? When BilliJo asked me about my allegiance points, I told her I thought I had none... But if I got all four levels of experience from this past weekend, I think I have 1 now. Can you clarify please?

#2 - I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I'll ask for clarification: Can we spend our allegiance points on anyone we want, whether for a guild or not? I'm asking for roleplaying purposes, whether or not an actual ability is granted or guild is supported.

p.s. Okay, this is a third question: We showed up late Saturday morning/early afternoon... how many levels of experience did the Orcs earn?

Thanks!
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

You can PM your influence or e-mail it at nicholson_95@pfizer.com. You can call me if you wish at 248-884-0830

I am taking care of those people who do not have internet access.

You can choose to not give anyone your influence and you can give influence to ANYONE no matter what guild they belong to.

Forexample, the guild of light could give all of their influence to a different leader making them the leader of the guild of light :)

Leaders of guilds neet to tell me to whom they are giving their influence to.

As for the constable. You are elected in-game which is independant of the mechanical guild structure/influence. Guilds do have power though and you could ask to be part of a guild or you could start your own guild like "the town defence guild" If you get enough people/votes then you can start getting guild powers and start playing in the house battles.

If enough people vote for a single person outside of the guild structure they become a thane with all the bennifts thanes get.

Tonia you get 4 levels of expierence. As for when you can use your influence you vote with what you have at the beginning of the event so you would have 0 to spend. You can still tell me if you supporting anyone though if you wish for RP reasons.

-Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Understood. Has a house actually been established, or are the guilds still trying to create one?
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

There is a house with Rolad as head assuming the guilds can maintain it.

-Chris
Chris
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Influence

Post by Nelkie »

Let me tell you, it is hard to make sure everyone turns in there allgence points. We defently need to come up with an easy system for tracking it. I think at the begining of check in have the people state how they will spend their allgenece points and they can change it when they checked out. There was alot of people who did not check out and now we are all running around trying to make sure they spend there allgence.

Another idea is to have a bucket in which PC's can drop in who they are supporting and how many points they are supporting with.
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Actually alot of people checked out and still they did not list their allegence points.

I warned people at the event check-in and on the web page to make sure they check-out.

On a side note there were a few people who never actually checked-in.

IMO the system is simple it just needs to be followed.

-Chris
Chris
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Yup, I could not check out because I couldn't find my character sheet. My allegence goes to my guild, as the same can probably be said for all guild members in all guilds.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Why not assume that the allegiance goes where it has gone for the past event unless the player at either check in or out tells NPC camp otherwise. That would eliminate the need to chase people down between events to make sure they are still spending their influence the same way that they have been for months. In a situation where a guild head dies or retires their character it would then be up to the player to let NPC camp know where their allegiance will go until further notice.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Ooo! That sounds good! Your flow of allegiance doesn't change until you state otherwise! That should simplify things, as players no longer need to state the same thing over and over again at every event - just notify NPC camp if anything changes!

Likewise, my character is doing the same thing he does between every event:

80% of his time is spent in the village - curing the sick and healing the injured - or simply making himself available to do so. The other 20% is spent doing whatever his Guild asks of him - likely making healing potions.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Peace420 wrote:Why not assume that the allegiance goes where it has gone for the past event unless the player at either check in or out tells NPC camp otherwise. That would eliminate the need to chase people down between events to make sure they are still spending their influence the same way that they have been for months. In a situation where a guild head dies or retires their character it would then be up to the player to let NPC camp know where their allegiance will go until further notice.
I could live with that. It would make things a little easier.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

A couple issues with that is if you do not come to the event then you do not get to tell me where your influence is going.

The reason I cannot assume anything this time is because the guild leaders have been telling me where other people's alliegence has been going this whole time and that is not how the politics are suppose to work.

I can tell you already delid that since I have assured people are anonomous that not everyone has been voting for the guild leader.

OH make sure you all realize that you do NOT give influince to the guild but to an individual.

Lastly I will not except any public statements of where allegiance goes please PM me or e-mail me to whom your alliagence is going :P

-Chris
Chris
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Ok here are some of my thoughts on allegiance:

I think a players allegiance should go where it was placed last unless redircted by the player. If we do not have an allegiance statement from the player themselves, then their allegiance goes nowhere.

If a player does not attend an event, their allegiance points can not be given to anyone.

All allegiance statements are for GM eyes only unless a skill (ala Spy) allows a pc to see one.

If a player plays multiple characters in an event, only the character they played the most can give allegiance.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

I am not against the idea of a person's influince go wher they last assigned it BUT I have great fears that if we do it that way people will become complacent and not mix it up.

It would be as if I voted republican and because I am simply lazy I never go back to vote even though I want democrat.

-Chris
Chris