Death and Dieing Question

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Here are the ideas that I like the best fron this thread:

Losing half your levels I could get behind

Needing a rare component definitely

Also longer casting time wouldn't hurt

The problem with only adding a healer to the requirements is that healers are all over the place and so I think this will not be a problem for anyone.

Also, it sounds like we as NPCs need to not be so nice from here on out. If the PCs want to blow themselves up, so be it, let them fix it as well as they can, but we should not make it so easy to bring everyone back
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

A catch for reincarnation. I do NOT like people asking to be killed over and over until they get the race they want, but neither did Tod when we spoke. We agreed it is cheese.

So a thought. You change race. You remember being that race and regardless of what others say, you wish to be that race. Ie pc's can't go around begging to get killed and raised. They believe they have been and always plan to be Bla race.

OR

You loose that memory. You start as you lv, your skills, but are a new back ground. One of that new race.

As aaron said, the change in race can do some damage to a guild, and it does take a cloth. Should there be more cost? Maybe, but character levels? I don't like that idea.

I don't agree with your levels being taken away. For numerous reasons, including that you only get 4 an event, and we only play 4 to 5 times a year! Basically saying if you die no point in showing up for that event. Gonna have pc's lining up to be npc's for EVERY battle.

Maybe make it harder, maybe cost more resources in game, but taking lvs away is suck's vill.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Okay, no. :)

Do not take away the power of a FOURTH level alchemist, who already has to quest for 2 (maybe 3) components and has to find the third component or kill someone for it (the heart).

Then that potion is a component in and of itself?

As it stands, Master Alchemists are essentially useless unless they have enough time or a large enough stockpile, and they're already hamstrung by the whole "you can only brew the level in potions that you are level in alchemy" thing.

On top of that, what about those that are witch hunters? Now they can't be resurrected?

Frankly, I think if you are resurrected by magic, you should lose ALL of your levels and the caster loses half their levels.

Make it scary to die again, because right now it's a joke.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Ok, what's better losing all levels to a new character or losing half to continue with the same guy?

Reason I have no issue with alchemists losing the potion is that, we already know alchemy needs to be worked on, so work on it and make resing tough...
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

When I suggested my idea I am taking into effect changes that you as a player base do not know about.

We want to increase the effectivness of Alchemy and decrease the effectivness of Arcane.

Now that you know those facts no sence arguing them. I say this because I keep hearing over and over how awsome arcane is and how much alchemy sucks. Trust me we as GM's have heard you and understand completely.

With the idea I came up with the arcane couldnt perform the ritual without a healer and an alchemist present.

This is just a flavor idea in addition to any changes that may go into the spell descriptions themselves.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

So next year we will have alchemy is awesome and arcane sucks... woot.

I'll say it again to the deaf ears I speak to: don't work on both at the same time, nor touch them when the base rules still need tweaks...
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Have another idea.

Why not have the PC who gets brought back by using that lovely little spell loose permanent life as well. Life points and all are everything in this game for it activates all sorts of things.

I mean look what Corbyn did when he was "mostly live". Just a thought.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

Hey come on I die-died my frist event as brant. i have a fear of death. :mad:
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

I think the alchemy ways to bring people back are fine, but the arcane spell component requirements should be significantly increased. I like how reincarnate has resource requirements, maybe this could be added to all the other arcane spells, and have the reincarnate 2 cloth jacked up. As for coming back...I could see losing four or eight levels, and I like the idea of permanently losing a life point or two.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The only issue I have with life is remembering it. We've had enough trouble with a +1 for three years now. Granted, it's not a big issue, just one more thing to remember on a character sheet.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Well since we only want to do changes in the off season we have no choice but to work on all the changes at one time.

Dont worry it isnt like we will be doing any major changes. Even though arcane is mesed up alot of it has to do with inconsitinancy and a lack of correct information in the rule book.

Alchemy can get alot stronger by tweeking how many potions can be brewed at one time.

Arcane can be tweeked by creating a better idea of what arcane can do and making sure no spell goes against that concept, while tweeking time and cost of a few spells.

I can think of a couple spells against the concept that are really cool, so I dont know exactly how it will be fixed yet, but none the less it will be.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I appreciate you guys backing up the alchemist :)

I had another thought, something some people hinted at. I think the caster should take a hit, wether it be life point spent on it ( ie gone for good) or what I'm not sure but make it hurt a little bit, so that they think twice about resing someone and beat the shit out of someone who says they want to commit suicide so they can be brought back. I understand that with the system the way it is (still not knowing what the spell requires), and I was brought back as bullshit I might think the same way, but something like this would make me think twice about it.
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

As I'm biased on the arcane thing, I'm not going to comment much. All I'm saying is this: if there is going to be a permanent life point expenditure for the caster on ressurection, then you should just take out the spell altogether. Nobody has that much life to begin with, so having to permanently drop one of those precious points in raising someone is just stupid. If you want to make it require a quest item, higher casting times, whatever, go for it. But I will not get behind losing permanent life points.
Let me be the one you need, I shall be the one you feed. All I am and all you see, is all I will and ever be.

Onyksi del Rin'oviryn
"Nuk"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I'm back to the statement that the person being raised takes the life point hit and NOT the caster.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Still behind the level drop...

possible 12 levels, 1 cloth and no heal for resume life.
possible 8 levels, 2 cloth and race change for reincarnate.
possible 4 levels, 2 cloth and quest item for resurrect.