Final Haven/Winter Haven Illustrated (cross-posted)

Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Final Haven/Winter Haven Illustrated (cross-posted)

Post by Torakhan »

what are some some things you would like to see illustrated for Final Haven and/or Winter Haven?

The PC Races, Locations, Monsters, Items, Examples of Paths and Disciplines, etc.
What things would help you, or new players, be able to look at an illustration of and get a better idea of just what this world looks like?

I'd like to refrain from using specific characters at the moment, but "based on" elements are likely possible.

(cross posted at: http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/phpbb3/v ... f=2&t=1609 )
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

maps, just maps of where we are in comparison to where other places are or were weve been, it REALLY helps
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Maps have been left out on purpose. So, maybe.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

There are maps of the Winterhaven area that are in-game. (Mostly what's already been illustrated on the Website)
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

FH and WH artwork

Post by Torakhan »

There's some really good suggestions over at the Winter Haven side of things:
http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/phpbb3/v ... 09&p=14293

What about you guys? These may be commissioned/worked on shortly and I'd like to hear from the FH side of things. :)
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

I wanna see three pirates and a Monkey(Beastman), gambling at the house of chance. They're betting on a roulette wheel.
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

I'd love to see the survivors of Night of Burning skulls fleeing into exile. I think that could be a very emotional piece.

Possible a generic scene from a feast/ball? Since we have a big celebration every year. Or even the Caldonian games might be neat to see.

Even though I wasn't at the particular event the dreaming as well.

Just some thoughts for now...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

the dragon bell being rung durnignt e night of the burnbing skullls.
Travis Cole
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

A hammer-wielding Guthrie standing defiantly in front of three wounded women, while two elves and a pirate advance on him, lol.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

A wicked looking necromancer leading armies of undead with an innocent looking young man at his side. };>
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Creature Artwork (so far)

Post by Torakhan »

There is more on the way. While other versions of these, including wallpapers can be found on the Winter Haven site ( http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/phpbb3/v ... f=2&t=1620 ), I thought I would share them here as well.
(It's also posted in my DA account at http://torakhan.deviantart.com/art/Colo ... -167542635 )

The pencil work is by Ron Spencer (who did a lot of work for Werewolf: the Apocalypse) and commissioned by me specifically for the FH/WH setting. I did the digital coloring afterwards.

Coming up shortly: Races, and Tsunotaur Raiders.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

FH/WH Illustrated

Post by Torakhan »

I haven't gotten this colored yet, but I still thought I'd share with you the latest piece I had commissioned...

artwork by Steve Prescott ( http://www.rottface.com/ )