Saving throws in a LARP setting

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Never said it had to be based on level those were other people's idea's.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I vote its based on age of the player.....that way there is SOME blasted advantage to being one fo the oldest!!!
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

I can see the level save in some other LARP, but never in ours (which it never would be, becuase this is all purely hypothetical, as Chris said).

This LARP is all about how everyone is on an equal footing, whether they are level 10 or level 1,010. The higher character just has more pull politically (at least that is how it used to be.)

Higher level characters, by their very nature, usually (though not always) get all the breaks anyway, because they have had more time to hoard items that can "get them out of jail free", so they don't really need something else for the usual "I pull "x" item/effect/ability out of my butt" repertoire, which is what the "resist death call by level" would be.

In effect, death comes for us all. The greatest heroes are simply more surprised by it.[/b]
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Basing the save on level only awfully general. This may be fine for some calls, but you could also base the save on a discipline or path.

For instance, with "10 Warrior 2", warriors of level 2 or 3 would be fine, but everyone else would take the 10. "5 Sage 3" would hurt anyone other than a master Sage. "8 Archer 3" couldn't touch level 3 or 4 archers, etc.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

You have to base it on something, levels or spent build pts seems the easiest, you don't have another skill to keep track of and you do

I think it could work, but like all these hypothecticals you can't take any issue in a vacuum. Are there resists and immunities in the game already? How prevalent are death effects? Are they something that most PC's would have access to? How do the rest of the skills work? Are they all based on skill level with a <> test? Are they time based like some FH skills or are they buy uses? etc...
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!