Ok I have a slighty better post

GM_Chris
GM

Ok I have a slighty better post

Post by GM_Chris »

I think after thinking on this more I can better put my last post.

I see or maybe sence a certain amount of frustration from a % of the player base. Now this may be real or imagined but none the less it is there. Also, there is a certain amount of frustration from the GM base.

I guess what I am trying to do is figure out how to bridge the differences in perception or thought so we do not have these frustrations any longer.

Any ideas or am I being neurotic?

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

You're neurotic. It was just a slight weapons malfunction.

I'm fine, we're all fine here.

How are you?
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Chris,

I think you are right about a certain percentage of frustration. I think it is mainly due to the lack of communication between the GM's and the players, which is partly due to miscommunication amongst the GM's. In this case, everyone thought someone else had told the players about lack of sleeping area. I know the loss of the cabins was announced at the game-on meeting, but I think the players naturally assumed other (legal) arrangements would be made, such as reservation of one or more of the family cabins.

I think this type of issue could be easily remedied by appointing one of the GM's as the "Announcement Person," if you will. This will probably be shortened to "little b*tch" :) Just kidding, but back to the topic at hand, if one person is always responsible for letting we the players know what we need to know, then there is less chance of miscommunication amongst the GM's, right?

So, anyway, that's my suggestion. Thank you for your apology, I know you meant it in the best way, and thank you Mike as well. You are right, this is a hobby and we are all in this to have fun, but it's a hobby I spend a damn lot of money on, so surprises like this aren't always pleasant. It's good to know we can count on the GM staff to work the kinks out. Just remember, even if we don't like you at the moment, we still love ya ;)

Natalie
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Thanks Natalie. We are in fact working out a Marshall system so every GM would have an area of expertise. It makes sense that the announcement and personal relations marshall would be one such position
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

We're going to send a squad up to investigate...
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

"Luke!...were going to have company!"

...and I blame the orcs anyway....i say we hunt em and skin em!
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Negative, negative, we have a leak here, really big leak, very dangerous.
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

I wonder if an orc skin cloak would be warm.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Kathryn Skress wrote:I think it is mainly due to the lack of communication between the GM's and the players...
Agreed
Kathryn Skress wrote:I think this type of issue could be easily remedied by appointing one of the GM's as the "Announcement Person,"
I believe the term is Mouth Piece ;)
Kathryn Skress wrote:Thank you for your apology, I know you meant it in the best way, and thank you Mike as well. You are right, this is a hobby and we are all in this to have fun, but it's a hobby I spend a damn lot of money on, so surprises like this aren't always pleasant. It's good to know we can count on the GM staff to work the kinks out. Just remember, even if we don't like you at the moment, we still love ya ;)
Seconded!
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Kathryn Skress wrote:I wonder if an orc skin cloak would be warm.
I wouldn't think so, them seem to be a bit thin skinned ;)
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

The skin isnt thin, the organs that generate patience and tolerence are underdeveloped....entirely different.

As for warmth, as hairy as the three orcs in town are you could knit a wool blanket to cover all of final haven, but then you would have to deal with the smell of wet orc when it snowed or rained.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"