A bit of an oppology and some other stuff

GM_Chris
GM

A bit of an oppology and some other stuff

Post by GM_Chris »

Well I hate rehashing this, but again I thought it was mention that I thought we mentioned the lack of cabins at the in-game meeting last event. Infact some people who dont go to CARPS seemed to recall us telling people that the cabins were going away. That said I am still sorry it was unclear.

Now I know we found a cabin, but honestly I didnt see it as a problem since I was told by the previous administration that I could set up tents and well I was going to go with that if I got caught. I want you all to mention the I statement on this one. Basically I would have teken the heat if it came to fines and such getting passed around. That said not the best of ideas.

I also new that we had a house and well basically we only need to accomidate around 15 people MAX and most likely less since alot of people do find other sleeping arangements. We only have what we can work with sorry.

Again I am truely sorry
----------------------------------------------
Now all that said I want to give those who do not know me a bit of insite into me. I care almost didly about RP'ing when it comes to people. Infact those of you that feel you cannot come because we only have 1 cabin and that sucks because of In-game reasons well I am sorry. To me I would like it if people could try working as a team here since we are a community of sorts. We here as GM's are not trying to make money, we are the cheapest darn LARP out there, and we are just trying to have fun. Because of this we are not going to be the most organized, nor have the best props, nor have the best accomidations..I am sorry but you as the paying customer pay for what you get. This is by no means an insult, me and you alike and simply have the same mindset of just lets have some fun with what we got.

Because this is a recreational hobby to me that I do in my SPARE time it means I will not ever no matter how much you beg EVER devote alot of time into it. This may sereously bother some people, and if it does then I STRONGLY suggest you find another place to play because it will not change.

I want to really applaud those people who took it apon them selves to find solutions to the problem this community was facing for this one event. It shows real team spirit and I thank you deeply.

--------------------------------------------------
Now as for next year there has been alot of informal talk with the GM's about following CARPs's lead and going to IONIA. Though we are unsure at this moment We do like Ionia because it keeps the site close to 2 hours for everyone with the longest drive being 2 and a half hours while keeping the costs low. We like Ionia because it is cheap and we can maintain, or even possibly expand our pricing options, accomidating even a cheaper price than we do now. This place comes with its own problems and that is it really only has 1 cabin. Sorry this means different guilds sleeping together. Can we as a plot crew come up for reasons why you would all sleep together SURE. That part is easy and we can do it in a NON lame way because well that is our strong suite (organization being our obvious short comming). You as a person need to decide if this is right for you, and if it isnt dont take it out personally on us thinking we hate you. Well I guess you can but well that is lame. Infact if you can't make the drive feel free to start a local FH chapter closer to your home it isnt like we can stop you or care that you even do it. I think most would encourage you to if you had such an ambition.

------------------------------------------------------
Onto some other stuff:
We have heard your cry for a non changing rule system and we WILL deliver on this. I really want to stress upon you all that fixing any problems with the rules, and putting them in a better format is HIGH on our list. Unfortunatly not to the off season.

Other things we will be doing is creating a GM book to help with organization. We also want to create SME's or "marshals" these will be people who are real experts in the rules. We will have marshals for severl different things.
Lastly, we will pick our stage manager person who will assist in fixing our short commings of bad organization.

------------------------------------------------

Oh and on a more personal note it does hurt my feelings when people hint in a post that I some how do not care. I don't always have the best of ideas. I don't even always think things through well, but one thing I do is care about everyone on an extreamly deep level which I thought would be evident to everyone back when people were lost in the woods.

Love,
Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Well I hate rehashing this, but again I thought it was mention that I thought we mentioned the lack of cabins at the in-game meeting last event. Infact some people who dont go to CARPS seemed to recall us telling people that the cabins were going away. That said I am still sorry it was unclear.
While you told us for months that the cabins were going away, you never mentioned that you did not make alternate arrangements. IN FACT, Chris, you told us just the opposite, that you had in fact secured the four family cabins and that they were several miles away from the main site. Whether this was a mistake or not, I don’t care. The fact is no one on plot advised the general player base of what was going on. That’s all that bothered me initially.

You’ve already apologized, so has your brother. It’s over.
Now all that said I want to give those who do not know me a bit of insite into me. I care almost didly about RP'ing when it comes to people. Infact those of you that feel you cannot come because we only have 1 cabin and that sucks because of In-game reasons well I am sorry. To me I would like it if people could try working as a team here since we are a community of sorts.
I don’t know if you’re referring to me or someone else here. I never claimed this was the reason I wasn’t coming. I did however state that it ALSO affected in game things to demonstrate how many things were impacted by the failure to communicate with your players. I’ve been working for two months to arrange something and now it is ruined by these latest events. Is that enough for me not to come? No, of course not. But it is downright shitty.

Are you now saying you want people to be acting like a community in-game??? Did you not design the game for in-game politics and confusion??? Or did you mean this out of game? If so, I kind of resent you implying I didn’t want to work as a team… but it’s kind of hard to do so, when you’re not even informed.
We here as GM's are not trying to make money, we are the cheapest darn LARP out there, and we are just trying to have fun. Because of this we are not going to be the most organized, nor have the best props, nor have the best accomidations. I am sorry but you as the paying customer pay for what you get… Because this is a recreational hobby to me that I do in my SPARE time it means I will not ever no matter how much you beg EVER devote alot of time into it. This may sereously bother some people, and if it does then I STRONGLY suggest you find another place to play because it will not change.
We’re not asking you to be some high-falooting organization with tons of perks and fancy signs and shit, however when your EVENT FEE includes accommodations, it’s not unreasonable to expect it. I’m not asking you to give up things, nor make sacrifices, nor even make a much larger commitment to the game. I take Final Haven, as is. I see this incident as a one-time event and took it as that. But I guess, if this is you’re implying that this will be the standard, then for me with a job, a house, bullshit at work and raising a toddler, continuing participation will have to be a decision my husband and I have to make.
I want to really applaud those people who took it apon them selves to find solutions to the problem this community was facing for this one event. It shows real team spirit and I thank you deeply.
Don’t know if this is meant as a back-handed insult, so I’ll refrain.
Now as for next year there has been alot of informal talk with the GM's about following CARPs's lead and going to IONIA. Though we are unsure at this moment We do like Ionia because it keeps the site close to 2 hours for everyone with the longest drive being 2 and a half hours while keeping the costs low… You as a person need to decide if this is right for you, and if it isnt dont take it out personally on us thinking we hate you.
Again, not sure if you’re referring to me. I never said anything of the sort in my post, simply that for your calculations, if you went to Ionia, it would be unlikely that any of the Orcs can come. I said it for your benefit, so you weren’t relying on another 7 – 10 people who wouldn’t be at the Ionia sight… not as a bargaining chip or as a complaint.
Oh and on a more personal note it does hurt my feelings when people hint in a post that I some how do not care. I don't always have the best of ideas. I don't even always think things through well, but one thing I do is care about everyone on an extreamly deep level which I thought would be evident to everyone back when people were lost in the woods.
Chris, keep the game stuff and the friendships/emotions separate. I never said you didn’t care about Brian or I. However, your response came across downright nasty to me and frankly it was a piss-poor response. I already stated that we would not be tenting and likely wouldn’t be coming out if many others were planning on tenting either (as I didn’t feel like getting kicked out mid-weekend). I also stated that dropping the whole “find your own accommodations” thing in our lap a week before the event was a bit much for us, considering I’m fighting a legal battle with my former employer who owes me tens of thousands of dollars. Sorry, but like you said, I’ve got to have my priorities, too. That being said, of the three options you so curtly defined, I chose number three. It was quite matter-of-fact. I wasn’t personally offended by you, nor did I take it like you were angry with me. But frankly, if that was the product you were offering, well, I wasn’t buying it.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

:? Wha? I'm confused...

(Guessing there's a whole lot more going on here than what I read on the surface)
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

LOL I wasnt refferring to anyone in particular. Please note any post is usually drawn from a variety of things seen on the board and things not seen on the board and my own neurotisim.

Oh and I was refferring to a community out of game of course.

Chris :)
Chris
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

I think what Chris is trying to say is that he does not have a very good "Forum Voice" and that we should simply ignore his posts in the future. ;-)
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Ug wrote:I think what Chris is trying to say is that he does not have a very good "Forum Voice" and that we should simply ignore his posts in the future. ;-)
Thats what I've been doing for years :)
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Bah I thought it was a well worded neutralish type of post made high on Caffine at 2am.

It gets the point of cross..I just dont want any misconceptions and have an aura of constant good communication amoung everyone.

Basically lets all be groovy and cool we are doing the best we can.

There might be a problem in that when i ran CARPS I tended to view people as customers but since FH is much more of a hobby I really dont see anyone here as a customer. Bad to say, but if I was trying to run a business I definitly would not be in favor of Ionia. Not sure where that paragraph came from. :)

Chris
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Ug wrote:I think what Chris is trying to say is that he does not have a very good "Forum Voice" and that we should simply ignore his posts in the future. ;-)
Who is this Chris person? :D
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I understood his post perfectly. The next FH event will occur in the year 1456 on Space Station Ionia. Plots will consist entirely of singing and dancing. Puppy-juggling will cost extra. Sleeping arangements consist of bodies piled into an inverted piramid with Chris on the bottom. Complaints should be directed to the six-legged Triceritops.

Simple, straight foward.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Chris, all I have to say is:

"BRUN THE WITCH!....BURN HIM! He Turned me into a newt!"
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

You don't look like a newt
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

I'm lost. So far all i have heard is MAJOR positive things about ionia..

whats the down side to it? one building? cause that is mine, but then there is the running water, and cooking, and larger field for mass battles... and larger cave one the dust killing soco oog...

I missing a piece. mind I have not yet been there, but fixing that this weekend.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

besides we all know it is my fault...

"darn that (soco) Wafgood, there he is lets get him...."

-Willow.

no wait.. it's mikes fault... :) blame elthanar... blame elthanar... he's a just an Avyanna anyway... hey you're not blackthorn...

ok, I need my meds
-I'm out.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )