Cabins this event?

Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Cabins this event?

Post by Kathryn Skress »

What is FH doing about cabins this event? CARPS had the "Inn" (Rustic cabin 3) and Family cabins 1 & 2 last event and it worked out pretty well. The family cabins are a 10-15 minute drive from the "Inn" but if you only go there to sleep and eat, it seemed to not be too much of an interference.
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Well we have 1 cabin

We encourage those interested in camping to join us all in the peasant villiage and pray for no rain.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but while NPC's may have successfully gotten away with tents so far, the more we put out there, the bigger the risk of getting caught. Tents aren't supposed to be out there, especially tents with stakes.

I don't think the Inn is big enough to hold all of us PC's either. Another solution is needed.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Natalie,

Taki and Aaron were working on something in terms of where we were all going to sleep, so check with them.

She does have a point Chris, I don't think all the guilds or the guilds can fit in one cabin.

-Julie
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Currently the one cabin gets filled by the Phoenix Guard, Gryphon, and Atrum's Guild. That leaves the Guild of Light, Guild of Hope, and the Tusks.
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Taki and Aaron were working on something in terms of where we were all going to sleep, so check with them.
That is why I am posting here. Aaron mentioned camping, but again, it isn't a feasable solution for everyone, and I'm pretty sure it isn't allowed anyway.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I guess this is where I am going to pipe in that I'm certain Chris, Wayne and everyone are doing the best that they can. We only have this weird sleeping arangement for this event and one night in November.

Hense why Aaron, Vince, Taki, and a few others are brainstorming on a few solutions for the situation at hand.

If we all end up moving the games to Ionia or whatever then this is only a temporary situation.

-Julie
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Just to put things into perspective a little about illegally putting up tents, the state land rules (http://www.michigandnr.com/publications ... _rules.pdf) say:
"General Rules. Unlawful acts generally ..it is unlawful for a person or persons to do any of the following: ... q. to camp in a state park, recreation area, public access site, or designated campground on other then a designated site."

Penalty:

"A person who violates a rule... or an order... is responsible for a state civil infraction and may be ordered to pay a fine of not more then $500.00."
Just so you know what you are advocating when you say to camp in the woods.

Now, don't get me wrong, I've had no issues with one or two tents that are easy to keep hidden. But, if the rangers show up and see more cars parked in the lot then the Inn can handle, they are going to start looking for the rest of the people.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

All of the Family cabins were already rented when we booked this event. Also, it wasnt that big of a deal at the time because we had so few people. That leaves only the one cabin. Tent camping is a risk. I didnt realize the fine was so steep. Ideas? Maybe we can make tent space available in our backyard (10 minutes away)? Mike, can you check and see if there were any cancellations at the family cabins? Maybe we need to stop the game Friday night so people can go off site for sleeping and then game on on Saturday?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Garion
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Garion »

I'm coming to the event. I have a big four person dome tent, and two two man tents if anyone needs them. I'll likely be using one of the two man tents myself, but anyone is welcome to either of the others.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Wayne,

Let Aaron, Vince, and Taki know about the possible solution for the situation.

Julie
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Man, I have to say, I hope I am not overreacting, but reading this post REALLY pisses me off.

When were plot people planning on telling the players that they didn't have any place to sleep???

I understand that the cabins are being torn down and that is *not* your fault, but communicating with your players that you have NOT made alternate arrangements for their sleeping *is* your fault. We have all been led to believe that we at least had the four family cabins.

In the meantime, this also MAJORLY screws things that were in the works in game.

I might be having a bad day, but I'm so pissed that this is being brought up just a week before the event, I'm ready to just say "screw it" and not come.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Ouch, I didn't realize the size of the fine... Looks like Wayne's backyard might be the best bet, perhaps the House folks could all go there. That might free up enough space for everyone else in the Inn.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

As you know that is sort of what I was thinking. From there we can caravan in or something.

This way...well hey everyone else I think would all be able to use the Inn space and there wouldn't be any problems.

:D
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

And by the way, I totally concur with Natalie.

It's a major bad idea to have plot tents as it is, but you get a bunch of people camping on land in that part and they can summarily kick the entire group out IMMEDIATELY.

If you guys plan on doing this, please let me know, because then I am DEFINITELY not coming out. Don't care to have a weekend of mine ruined and wasted.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)