Cabins this event?

GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Well honeslt I thought it was mentioned before, definitly our bad for not saying something earlier.

There are 20 spots..we tend to have 35 people. We will ofcourse check before the event to see if something has opened up.

People are welcome to tent if they wish with us.

People are also welcome to work out other sleeping arrangements.

People are welcome to not come either.

I really dont know what to say on this particular issue since it is either cancle the event or go on as is. It is soo completely out of our control especially since alternate sites were just found and reschedualing for the GM team is a pain.

Sorry again
Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

I guess if those are my options, then I'll choose the latter...since tenting is a bad idea and you've dropped the "find your own arrangements" in our lap.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Regardless of the scenario, I plan on attending - and I believe I speak for the rest of the Muskegon people as well. I'd really hate to lose people over the fact that Brighton Rec is screwing us, but I understand if people have their reasons for not making it.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who would likely sleep in the field during a thunderstorm. I value the game and the people in it, so I'm more than willing to make concessions for others if it will get them to attend. If there's anything I can do, let me know.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Taki --

You and I had a brief conversation today and so you understand my mindset, but please take this post with a grain of salt...

This isn't about whether Brighton Rec is screwing us or not, it's about communication and consideration.

I'm frustrated as hell because with as much other planning as goes into getting away to LARP for a weekend for us, this is dropped in our laps and the only response I get is from Chris with an: "oops, oh well... well your options are do something illegal and something that could very likely get everyone kicked out of the area for the entire weekend or find your own plans... and if you don't like it, don't come."

This is nothing personal against Chris, but quite frankly, LARPing is a our "getaway" and relaxation. If it's going to be a stressful thing and/or becomes too much of a time investment, well, frankly, I just can't do it.

It makes no sense for the Orcs to be sleeping in the Inn. We've got no place else to go. No efforts have been made by GMs to account for the displacement of players or even communication that they weren't able to find a viable solution.

What's worse is, what's going to happen to the players without regular Internet access who don't see this?

Like I said, I'm sorry if this seems overreactionary. I guess if I'm such an asshole for being upset about this it's better that I don't come at all.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

How much will those of us who are going to "find our own arrangements" going to pay for the weekend? I spose I'll just sleep at home, but I'd rather not pay full price for other player's sleeping arrangements.
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Brad, that was my question as well. If I have to find my own sleeping arrangements, I don't expect to pay full price.

Tonya, I don't think you are overreacting. I couldn't believe that no one was taking me seriously until I posted the fine.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I got some feedback from Wayne last night and this is what he said.

This is the only month that we are having sleeping issues for they have 2 family cabins and the Inn for the event in November. He and I also talked about a place for a group of us to set up camp that won't and I repeat won't be illegal.

Now it's just a question of seeing if the others like the idea. It's the only event this will be an issue. I also think a few people are going to call Brighton Rec to see if there are any cancellation for next weekend. I'm not one of those people, but Wayne, Chris if you need me to check on that I guess PM me the number.

For an event we could turn the sleeping area of the Inn to somewhere else or something so that all people can be happy. I'd be willing to move bunks around and all to divide that cabin into the Inn/Orc area if necessary.

Anyway, there is info..

-Julie
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

(Note: I do not believe that camping on private property is legal without a permit, so I wouldn't say it is legal, just unlikely you will get caught.)
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Sighs*

Fine, at least it is a better option that what is at hand. Just trying to resolve this so that people can be at least quasi-content. Ok, how about at least happier then this whole thread has been sounding.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

This is a cross post. Please vote in the poll.

Ok, Here are a few options:

1) Anyone who wishes to camp in our Backyard is welcome. We have plenty of room and a fire pit. Also, it is NOT against any law or ordinance to camp in our Backyard. This may be different in other counties. If about 10 people take me up on this offer, there should be plenty of room left in the Inn. If you would like to take advantage of this option but do not have a tent, PM me. I can arrange something for you. The event price will be adjusted for those who do not sleep in the cabin.

2) Perhaps we should cancel the event and make it a one day event? Start checkin on Saturday at 10:00 AM. Game on at 12:00 noon. No game break. Game off at 1:00 AM ish. For those coming from a long distance, the backyard tenting is an option for Friday and Saturday night. We would also have the cabin space on Friday night. In-character discussions and events could still happen Friday and Saturday after game off but no plots would be run.

3) Screw it. Call off the event.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

My sincere apologies. I too thought this was posted weeks ago but it is my fault for not checking the boards. This must be a case of everyone thinking someone else was going to do it. Major error on our part. Obviously people who accommodate themselves will receive a significant reduction in the price. I will keep checking on availability of Family cabins and let you know what I find and will work to solve this quickly so people can make plans on whether or not they wish to attend. Again, I take full responsibility for this mistake, both the scheduling of the cabins and the lack of communication.

Mike
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

Another option which could be for this EVENT and this EVENT only would be to say people are off in their areas oog. IE sleep oog JUST this once. I know it will cut down on some RPing a bit, but ya do what ya gotta do to get a fix.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Just tossing in that I have a tent that can sleep myself and at least 2 others.

I plan on bringing it unless I hear we definitely don't need it, and I might bring it even if I hear that, you know just in case.

It wouldn't really be a problem for my character to disappear for a while so I don't have a problem sleeping off site. Shale's sound sleeping ass is probably in the same boat. ;)

I'm not gonna bitch about the money one way or the other.

Tonia, I agree with most of what you are saying(ie this should have been brought up way earlier and I'm glad that actions have been taken), and I thank you for getting righteous so I don't have to. And I hope you guys reconciled a way to come.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

My sound sleeping ass.. LOL

How did my sleep habits make you so bitter? :)
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

Hell, if it comes down it I have a car and will sleep in it. Problem solved... either that or I'll bring the Blondie Bed and sleep under a picnic table. Either way I'm in for the whole weekend.