FeedBack from Players Desired- New Advanced Rules discussion

GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

It is a possibility.. but I feel that would take away from the feeling that if you are going someplace dangerous and not sure if there are traps.. you want to bring your handy dandy Rogue with you to be safe.. They know the ins and outs of Traps and can keep you safe from them. So with a resist Lash and a Trap counter they have two skills that are pretty swank, but both situational.. to me that seems to balance out.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

you know if the rogue goes first and is all sneaky then if a trap does go off then no one get hurt but the rogue which was the intention. it was not the intention to have a rogue run around and as long as he or she is close to a buzzer he/she gets to help everyone.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

No but it could be an interesting idea for a Rgoue who has reached over the 200 level mark.. they are just that good.. and not like it will come into play all that much if current trend stays the norm.

Also I thought up an idea for Improved Concentrate Magic.. let's see what people think.

Improved Concentrate Magic (Advanced) - Through their advanced knowledge a character with this skill may either spend 1 LP to do a "2 Magic Lash" or spend 1 LP to throw a "3 Magic" attack with a packet (this is not considered a Channel).
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

I dont mean to be mean but that is really weak, with so little life, to spend it to trow a 3 magic when you could throw fear, or hit everyone 5 feet around you, just seems....i dont know
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

The point of these advanced skills is to offer new options for skills, or improve them if possible.. while still keeping the same level of damage capability the same.

Now a 1 Lp "3 magic" may be weak.. who knows.. but really.. so is a "2 magic lash".. yeah it hits everyone around you for 5 feet.. but if they are an enemy within 5 feet, and you are their target, you are already dead.. this gives the Empath an option to do a little damage at range very quickly.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I like the ability to spend multiple life for Concentrate magic. It seems that capping it at 3 life would be about perfect. It gives the empath the ability to whip off a 6 magic lash which is nothing to sneeze at but isnt overly powerful.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Except 2 magic lash is only counterable via resist magic. 3 magic alone is counterable by parry, a shield, resist magic, hold ground (if delivered via a fist). It's really pretty weak. However increasing the damage isn't viable as you don't want to do that in this system.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

You can't just look at power as how much damage it is, or how many resists there are out there. There is power in diversity. I'm pretty sure that most empaths would love to be able to do big damage while being beaten on instead of having to pull out a sword, and no matter how you slice it 6 magic lash or 9 magic is big damage in melee. I know if I could spend life to do 9's(1 for 3) I'd use that skill quite abit.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

The more I think about it, I think evade would be the best skill for the master rouge. Here is the reworded discription

Evade
It takes a 60 count to charge up the evade skill (considered to be under the effects of a charged skill when charging). Once charged, the skill becomes passive and the user will not loss the charged evade skill if struck.
Can use the charged evade skill any time as long as the user is awake and conious.
The charge of evade allows the user to ingore any melee or ranged nonmagical effect. Can not use evade against effects that are area effect, uses lash, or has the word magic in the call.

What do people think?
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I think it can be simplified and I dont see a reason to make it not work against magic.

Evade
It takes a 60 count to charge up the evade skill (considered to be under the effects of a charged skill when charging). Once charged, the skill becomes passive and the user will not loss the charged evade skill if struck. The player can expend the charged evade skill to ingore any melee or ranged attack or effect. Evade can not be used to ignore a mass or triangulated effect.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Does that evade work like the other evades in game? I think one of the druid totems gets an evade. As long as all evades mechanically work the same way ( I can see charge time being different but even that I think should be constant). I'd be good with that.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Wait, they can use multiple life for the 3 magic? I didn't see that in the description.

And a life point for 3 magic versus 2 magic lash is the only diversity that need be considered. The 3 magic is Always less powerful.

It's like playing Diablo 2 and being excited at the diversity of all the sorceress skills. You'll only ever use maybe 6 of the 30 available though. Diversity only matters if the power levels match. And in this case, they don't.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The druid doesnt get an evade. It was changed to missle avoidance like the Monk. There are no PC evade effects in the core rules.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The problem I see with evade is that every charge up now must be considered to be easy to hit the person with. The fact that they are so easy to interrupt does act as a balance for them. The horendously long charge for vorpal knockout and such become less meaningful when you have faith you'll land them.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

In the new Improved Concentrate Magic you cannot spend multiple life to add damage.. but you can spend life quickly.. Very similar to the grenadier skill only it costs life.. and the only way to increase the damage is through Hero points.. also unless delivered via fist Hold ground and Parry would be useless against this. The more I have thought about it the more I like this skill over Multiple life for Lash damage.

As for the Evade for Master Avoid Trap.. if a "new" skill is desired it could be added, although I have tried to stay away from adding anything that is not curently in the book. I think this may be one of the trickier ones to come to an agreement on as this skill in general gets very little use.