Introducing group rates and frequent flier miles

GM-Mike
GM

Introducing group rates and frequent flier miles

Post by GM-Mike »

So I had worked this up before THE ORDEAL, as my daughter's plight shall hereby be referred, trying to think of some way of thanking everyone who had survived this painfully long offseason (thank-you Winter Haven for kicking off the new year!) without going into Chapter 11 myself. As it stands already, we barely break even on rental costs but I certainly don't mind losing a little cash. I know all of you put a lot of money into this game, and even though I already do as well, what's a few more bucks between friends! The point is, I am appreciative of this game and of you players. You really are the best players around and this next event is a celebration for me of sorts since it is my first game after my miracle baby. I truly appreciated all the support, all the prayers, all the warm wishes, and all the love. So...all who arrive at the event will have the ability to preregister for the year at reduced rates. How much? Well the only way I can financially swing it, looking at the numbers is to base it on the number of people who show. Last event we had 32 people. Our average last year was 31 so that's what I was basing some of this off of and it will work like this...

If zero people show up, then everyone there gets the rest of the year free.

Between 1-29 people, the next event will be 23 dollars, and the last two 45 (not much I know but it's something).

Between 30-39 people (our average), the rest of the events will be $20 a piece

Between 40-49 people (our 2006 average), the next event will be 15 and the last two 35 (works out to one free event for everyone since you would get three events for 50 instead of 75).

Between 50-69 people (our max over the past 7 years), the next event will be 10 and the last two 30

Even though I have no hope for higher than that (and I know even 50 is pushing it), it seemed somehow incomplete to just stop there. So just for fun...

Between 70-99, the next event will be 5 and the last two 15

And finally a hundred or more, the next event is free and the last two 10.

I wish I could do more. Perhaps we can do more in the future. I just wanted to show my gratitude because I think you are all awesome and I love you all (except for Reid and Nelkie who keep trying to take over the game)
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Mike, IT is VERY well recieved to have a gift in this form, but never for one second think that almost all of us wouldn't pay MORE to keep the game we all love going strong!

And if you are saying thanks for the goodwill and heartfelt wishes for your ordeal, then no reward is ever needed for me from that, Its the LEAST i can do! I can only imagine what you were/have gone through, because I am most worried on my own front of the same issues....

I am all for trying to get in for cheaper, but wont ever do anything that makes you have to pay more out of pocket for all the fun and enjoyment you help weave!

A simple thanks or a pat on the back is more than enough of a "Reward" for me!

Thanks for doing and enduring through all the shit we put all you GM's through to make such a wonderful and immersive story for all of us to escape our real lives and enjoy!
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Like I said, this was the plan before everything happened. It just made me feel more appreciative afterwards. The out of pocket costs to me, I believe, will be negligible (if any) in the end. The risk of losing a few bucks is worth it to me. We don't always take time to thank the player base and I just felt it was time to give back a little because you all make the game rewarding to play. The stories I have had a chance to take part in, that you have shaped for me, have been enough to sustain me through offseasons of rules discussions (just barely at times but still :wink: ). Whenever I feel like I can no longer do this, something truly amazing happens and it carries me through the year.

Thanks for the kind words though. It's nice to hear statements of support like that and that people are willing to pay more to keep the game going. Event costs are now $50 (just kidding of course)
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Eric we are in trouble, Mike is on to us :D Our plan to rule the world is at an end my friend :D

I just want to say thank you for letting Eric and I help out with the rule updates. As everyone knows we are very passionate about rules and making sure they are balanced and easy to understand.

And congrates again on your miracle daughter. You will have mnay years of pulling you hair out once it turns grey from stress. And thats before she starts dating :D
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

Can I offer a suggestion to maybe earn some revenue?

I played KANAR for ten years and in that time we raised nearly $60,000 by working at Michigan Renn Faire. We signed on to sell soda at one of the booths.

LARPers make great salesmen.

MRF will never let KANAR work for them again because Kanar game Enterprises is run by people incapable of acting professional.

Just a thought to look into.
To avoid the confusion you may call me....

Stark
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

KANAR isn't manning the Guiness Pub anymore? I know they were a couple years ago but I didn't go last year.

If they aren't that's actually a great idea, and there could be other fundraising things. Maybe a calender, mugs and shirts or something on cafe press.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

I would so geek out with some Final Haven gear!

(c:

We make up some One-sies, or bibs, and my child will be representin' as well!
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

If you want to do something like a bake sale or something I'm totally on board with that...

And you all know how much I love to bake so I don't mind it at all. I will help out with whatever you all want to do.

Hey, what would go in to like car washes or anything like that?

I'll gear up, bake up a storm, whatever you all need.

:D

Wow can you all tell I'm in a really good mood...blame it on the CAR
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

There's more than just Holly, too. Mayfaire, Silverleaf, Derbyshire. Working at the faire can be a blast, expecially if we do it in character, and I think I might be game for that, if it can be arranged.