Important questions for the player base!

Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Important questions for the player base!

Post by Wyrmwrath »

On the topic of new camp....as I have stated elsewhere, I am looking for new camps on the behalf of
FH.

To that end I have a question to pose to the general public, and keep in mind, NONE OF THIS HAS BEEN RATIFIED BY THE GMs. I AM ASKING FOR REFFERENCE AND NEGOTIATION PURPOSES ONLY!:

Who among you would stop attending if FH went to 6 events a year at 35 dollars per event?

Next question:
Who among you would stop attending if FH went to 6 events a year at 40 dollars per event?

I have found camp well suited, and need to know what attendence will be like AND what is the max PCs can afford. Just an FYI the Brighton camp price is going up anyhow, so FH may be forced to ask for more for the events. I think if we have to pay more anyhow, we should do so for a better site.

Anyone that has questions is free to call me 586 604 5900
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

hmm, 35 is getting a little high, to suppor my crack... err rping habit, being poor student and all that, 40, is prbably beyond it.

thats like 70 per weekend from 40, or 80 from 40, when you consider the two of us.

I know Bradl or maybe doug s from carps, is looking into a few sites... maybe we could work in conjunction with carps, as many of us are cross over player?
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Rahl
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rahl »

I'm a junky for FH already, 1st time and I was hooked. Considering my financial situation is looking up I wouldn't be opposed to $40. It will depend though on recent events, bills, price of gas, etc. but I don't really think it would be too large of an obstacle.
In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

I don't mind an increase. Doubling of cost might end up being too much for us to be able to come though.
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

We be working with CARPS at least informally.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

I'd be fine with $40.00 an event six times a year, but I only play FH. I can see an issue for the FH/CARPS crowd that plays 16 times a year all together. $640.00 dollars a year is quite a hit for some people.

But, as I said, I am more than willing to shell out $240.00 a year for FH. $0.65 cents a day for Larping is one of the cheaper addictions I can think of supporting.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

You know Taki, when you put it that way.

Ouch...

Man my habits are expensive.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

I'll have to second Steve's opinion that $40, or even $35 would probably be too expensive for us... at least while he is still in school. I could see going up to $25.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

If I had $.65 per day.. I could feed like 6 kids in some third world country, or at least some blond chicks cheesy puff addiction.... :)

$25, would be ok.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Well, the scholarship fund may be a little lighter...
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

Just to confirm. Yes indeed, the price for cabins at Brighten Rec. is increasing next year.

In order to reserve The Inn (Rustic #3 - 20 bunks) and Family Cabins 1 & 2 (8 bunks each - for a total of 38 bunks), the cost is $400 a weekend.

If we maintain the Brighton Rec. site - the price to play will have to increase.

:( :cry: :(
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

To put that into perspective, how much do we currently pay for how many current bunks?
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

Starting next month the top 2 cabins are no longer available. So in order to get the lower cabin and 2 family cabins we are paying 240$ for the weekend. That price increases to 400$ next year.

I suspect that both carps and Final haven will need to raise prices to compensate for this, which is why we are looking for alternatives.

/me sighs, I just wish we had the resources to buy land for the two larps.

Anyone have any idea what that sort of thing would cost (I.e. How much of a down payment would be needed, if we went non-profit organization would it be easier, would we need to be a business or would we have to put the land in one persons name, etc etc)

If anyone knows the answers to these questions please contact me, the more I think about this idea the more feasible it becomes in my mind, but too many unknowns still exist.

Thanks,
Evan
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

Ug wrote:To put that into perspective, how much do we currently pay for how many current bunks?
Just to make certain that perspective issue got addressed ...

All three Frontier Cabins cost $275 a month.

Of course, as Evan said, this is no longer an option, as both Frontier 1 & 2 (the top Cabins - not sure how many bunks these contained) are no longer available.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

$40 is a little too much IMO, I balk at the $30 for CARPS sometimes, and FH events mean I almost have to miss work on FRI which is another $100 out of my pocket. Which is why I rarely can make it to CARPS on Fri, I can't justify spending $1800+ a year to LARP.

36 bunks, is that enough to house the NPC's and all the PC's? For winter events maybe but the summer ones seem bigger than that.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~