Important questions for the player base!

Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

About 8 to 10 years ago I was looking into buying and building expenses for a business proposal for investors when I was attempting to open a NERO chapter. Land anywhere in the lower portion of Michigian is priced high based on the fact its likely going to be sold to a developer or business in the next 10 years. Land is cheaper up north, but its also up north, making a drive from down here prohibitive.

The 40 achre project I was working on that was designed for larping AND camp rentals (renting to YMCA,ST vincent DePaul, or scouts for summer programsis the only way to ofset costs) 100 achres runs in the millions these days, and thats if its in the boonies.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

Taki/Tonia

That is exactly what I was thinking and pretty much gives me an idea of what we would need. I just dont have the experience with this sort of thing. It sounds like we may want to try and put together a CARPS/FH business meeting at some point to discuss this.

If interested I can offer up my place in Lansing (which would be about half way inbetween for just about anyone I can think of who may want to be invovled) or I can drive just about anywhere.

I know this is something which CARPS has been talking about for some time now, just has never bothered to work through all the paperwork involved. Perhaps with 2 larps instead of just 1 it might be more do-able since the load would be shared and the income potential would be higher.

Just a thought,
Evan
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Evan --

See my personal announcement post for dates that maybe we could do this. It would however, require someone in the Lansing area to put me up for a night. :)

Tonia
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
saturnstartrek
New in Town
New in Town

yea um...

Post by saturnstartrek »

I'm used to paying 40 bucks an event

Lynn-Z
Welcome to the tragic kingdom, cornfields of popcorn have yet to spring open
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

I am interested in the business meeting, if one ever does come about. Tonya, we have a guest room you can stay in, though we actually live 15-20 minutes south of lansing.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Since it seems that several of us (Tonia, Evan, Natalie, myself) are interested in organizing a meeting, are there any of the actual FH staff GM type folks that would be interested in attending? If so, when is good for folks? Early Septemberish?
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Ironhand
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ironhand »

count me in as well I would like to set in on this. I can talk to some friends on the land. I know a few farmers that are getting out of it. An they have back woods and fields up for sale. So I can see what the price they might sell them at.

Shane
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Kathryn Skress wrote:I am interested in the business meeting, if one ever does come about. Tonya, we have a guest room you can stay in, though we actually live 15-20 minutes south of lansing.
20 minutes is better than 90 - 120 minutes before I've actually woken up and adjusted to life... :)

I'm going to take all y'all up that have offered, thanks!
Tonia Brown
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Welcome

Post by Nelkie »

Tonia,

You are welocome to crash at my house if you wish. I'am only 15 minutes out of Lansing and have a spare bed you can crash on. For warning, I have 5 cats and a golden retrieve who loves people. The cats can be a little mischievious. PM me if you are interested.

Aaron
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Welcome

Post by dier_cire »

Nelkie wrote:a golden retrieve who loves people.
understatement of the year... :D
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Im confusd about what this business meeting is all about.

Then again I am also a bit confused about 6 times per year :)

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

In my mind the business meeting would be about forming CARPS and FH into a not for profit organization or perhaps even Non-Profit organization and possibly discuss purchasing land for both larps to use.

Maybe thats just me
Evan
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Well I have no problem with forming an org, and I am sure that is a great idea if it gives us a certain amount of muscle.

As for buying land, in an unformal talk with most, but not all, of the GM's we are very agaiinst frontong money or more importantly our names in any kind of land deal for that creates a commitment we do not want and the possibility of liability.

Now if someone else wants to buy land and allow us to rent, assuming a reasonable price, we are all for that.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Re: re

Post by Tonia Glowski »

GM_Chris wrote:Im confusd about what this business meeting is all about... Then again I am also a bit confused about 6 times per year :)

Chris
Alendark wrote:In my mind the business meeting would be about forming CARPS and FH into a not for profit organization or perhaps even Non-Profit organization and possibly discuss purchasing land for both larps to use.

Maybe thats just me
Evan
I don't represent either LARP, nor do I ever intend to. I'm interested in a business meeting that will explore some sort of association that could represent participating LARPs in securing a place to play and/or a nonprofit organization for the purposes that I described, with rental options for LARPs.

If anyone is interested in this, please let me know, as I will be staying out of CARPS or FH internal business.
Tonia Brown