Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

More Latex Weapons...

Post by Torakhan »

Knighthawk Armory
http://www.latex-weaponry.com

I was wandering around the internet and came across this tonight

The quality on the higher end looks amazing.
($170 for a highly detailed sword, $80 for common adventurer long sword)
They also have pigment paints for customization on your own as well.

But also, they have some good advice for their (and other?) latex weapons, including care, repair and how to soften the blades so that they don't sting as much when others get hit by them.
http://www.latex-weaponry.com/info_1.html

They also offer Frogs and sheaths for their weapons
http://www.latex-weaponry.com/additional.html
Now, I don't know if these are any different from ones for regular swords, but I'd assume these would be made to allow for a thicker foam/latex sword to slip in and out more easily?

... just passing on the information.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

Art,

Stupid question, but

DO PEOPLE PAY this much for latex weapons?

Steve
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I just aquired a trio for myself, a dagger for an out of town visitor that played WH with me last event, and one for Tonia (plays Grock/Talana/Jade)
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

after I read the link I realized there are a few items for $40-50, which is acceptable to me, but the $170 is wildly unnaceptable.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

You get what you pay for

Post by Torakhan »

Malphus wrote:after I read the link I realized there are a few items for $40-50, which is acceptable to me, but the $170 is wildly unnaceptable.
It's about the quality. Did you see the detail on those high-end weapons? Did you see the grips? It's not someone slathering liquid latex onto a carved foam-core dagger, or a detail-less generic sword with fake leather wrapped around the grip. Those $170 swords look fucking sweet and would probably look great hanging on a wall when they're not used at a LARP too.

It's the quality and detail that makes those cost more.
We have people paying $300 or more for an outfit at the LARP (And gasoline to and from ist $50 alone for some). My apron alone cost me over $50 for the hunk of leather (and that was after the discount). Son of Sandlar boots don't cost anything less than $200 for the base boot (if I remember correctly... mine cost $400 I think, but I bought those for a wedding and some other reasons and they're garanteed for life.) So if soemone wants to pay $180 for a very nice looking Claymore, and they can afford it, I say why not?
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

having held one of the Calimacil ones I think they are stunning, but to heavy to be safe for a LARP
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"