After Event Discussion: Rule Tweaks

Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

I think that Nerve Pinch should be changed to a "sleep" effect and touch of death should be called "touch of death", and put the person to -1 life (or dead dead).

Cause that's the real difference. The assassin isnt really there to make you unconscious, he's there to kill you. The theif is all about knockin people out.
Pentaguishine
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I agree with your reasoning the problem is if you ToD a warrior then you will just cause them to go into frenzy and he turns and beats you down cause he can fight in negatives. Plus I for one would like to stay away from "Death Strike" and "Resist Effect" type skills.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Actually, the part about the warrior frenzying I think is pretty cool. It'd be funny as heck to see for the first time. Also, he will die in a minute anyway so you can still just run. And to truly be the frenzying guy, he's spending 150pts to counter your 90pts.

As for nerve pinch being sleep, the only issue there is having the hit character know that if they were hit where they have armor they are not affected.

Still liking the idea of a breast plate countering ToD.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

So what you're saying is that the assasin or master rogue should be able to kill anyone but a warrior? Hmm wonder what your 2 characters are. :wink: Just messin' with ya'.

But seriously, the ToD is limited to light armor and it takes a count to do, The nerve pinch is limited to medium armor and takes a count to do. It wouldn't make sense that everytime you tried to "assasinate" a warrior you would have to immediately start running hoping that he can't run as fast as you can. Not that it won't happen that way sometime's but every time is kinda ridiculous. Also you have to remember that some things are immune to sleep and nerve pinch, I highly doubt there is anything immune to all forms of damage.

The fact that you get a bunch of skills for your pts with the path does matter quite abit. Once you get to full discipline you have gotten 4 skills total, you get 4 or 5 skills with each level of the path.

As for nerve pinch being sleep, the only issue there is having the hit character know that if they were hit where they have armor they are not affected.
Sleep is inherintly vorpal, hence the distinction, you know if someone says stunstrike and hits you on the arm that you can laugh at them and proceed to wallop them, same with nerve pinch, if you get hit anywhere that you have armor (actually wearing not harden skin or I should have armor there I just am not weraing the phys rep) same thing.
Still liking the idea of a breast plate countering ToD.
Obviously I am totally against this, not only because I play an assasin, I agree with some of the changes that have been made to assasin but I think that the ToD has been hit hard enough already. Not to mention this would turn the assasin into a peasant killa'.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Yeah, I do like my warriors. :D Of course knocking someone to -1 isn't anything to sneeze at. i can already think of a combo that makes that really cool but not excessive. And of course only maxed warriors will be chasing you for extra damage. Also the skills you get from the path are overridden by the next level so in the end you only end up with 5 skills.

All in all I'm trying to destroy ToD, just trying to balance it, nerve pinch and stunstrike so they all make sense for what they are. You pay the most for nerve pinch so it should be the most versitile, not necessarily the most deadly.

Give it say the ability to hit anywhere on the body except armor and the same count as touch of death but make it resistable via resist sleep. 30 count. (call is nerve pinch still not sleep)

ToD is not resistable but the defender cannot have a chestplate on. Plus say in addition to being unconscious the person falls to 0 life. Now the warriors can protect themselves with armor but otherwise are screwed. 30 count (call would change to ToD)

Stunstrike can be used on critters and people, but is blockable by a helmet and must be administered to the back. 15 count

don't think anyone is screwed here and makes some logistic sense OOG. Touch of death is a single location, nerve pinch is multiple and stunstrike is just hitting you in the back of the head.