The Big After Event Post

GM_Chris
GM

The Big After Event Post

Post by GM_Chris »

Hello all!!! Just want to thank everyone who attended the event. For the most part I feel things went well, though I am a bit miffed about missing Saturday.

Anyways, we did have a few things to discuss so lets put all comments here. As always lets be adult about people's views hehe.

Let me start with the most contraversal topic, PvP. That is right PC's killing other PC's. Now after talking with lots of people I have some thoughts on this subject and would like some feedback.

First Example:
You are walking down the path and are killed by a PC for no reason. How do you feel?

Example 2
You are walking down the path and a lion played by a PC kills you for no reason. How do you feel?

Example 3
Lets say that some humans were sleeping in the inn with you because you the barkeep sold them the room. Later that night these humans turn into werewolves and in a blood rage kill you. How do you feel?

Example 4
You invite some PC's to stay with you for the night and they kill you. How do you feel.

Example 5
You are a PC and look evil and a bunch of PC's kill you. How do you feel?

Personally I see no difference, nor feel different between any of the examples. IMO tags do not create a different emotional expierence. Yes, that includes killing for no reason. This said I dont feel NPC's should really involve themselves in PvP issues unless "rules" are obviously being broken. Also, a players motivation does not enter into a "rule breaking" event

To extend on this I have NO issue with ANY of the PC deaths this weekend since the only argument anyone can make to me is one of motivation and as I say above I really don't care about that.

I will say that if a group (good or evil) just starts killing people as they walk in the door to play the game then I would have an issue and we will hit that bridge when we cross it.

Please discuss!

NEXT!
We had some rule tweeks we were talking about and I will throw them out there.
1) Fear needs to be removed as a guild power.
2) Disarm needs to be studies as it may be to powerful.
3) Nerve pinch, stun strike, Touch of death. Ok here I think we need to define more closely.
Stun strike is a bonk on the back of a person's head. A stun strike can ONLY be done against a person with no helmet and from the back. The person should strike by hitting the back of the person and saying nervepinch. Charge time 10 seconds and if your target hits you then the stunstrike is gone.
4) Nerve pinch is hitting a person in a vital nerve rendering them useless. A nervepinch should only effect those not wearing chest and arm protecton. This means you cannot nerve pinch a hand or foot. You cannot even nerve pinch a person's head since that would be a "stunsttrike" Nerve pinch should take 30 seconds and if the target hits you then your nerve pinch is gone.
5) ToD should be 20 seonds and be a sleep call that effects a person ANYWHERE on the body.

Polearms. I am thinking that those who use polearms should be immune to crushes that hit the spear. The reason for this is to give spear people a neat combat strategy. Also, it makes no sence to take crush damage when the tip of a spear is hit.

Policy Stuff
multiple characters, A person should check in with a character and that is the character they play the entire event. You cannot change characters in the middle of an event without a good reason from NPC camp.

NPC's.. Since we are forced to play multiple characters we should ALWAYS wear something to identify us as NPC's such as a the trail marking tape.

Disguise. We will be discussing this skill, but IMO a person who wishes to use disguise needs to wear NPC markings since they are in essence playing multiple characters,. I also want to talk about retribution here. Disguise IMO does not get you a "get out of jail card"

For example, the town in-game is populated with some 20 adventuring types and some 50 odd non adventuring types. There are people you come in and out of town, but for the most part it is a small town. Lets say you steel something while under disguise and while people are looking for you you change back into your normal cloths. In this small town people would notice every new person who entered town. Infact it would take no time at all to really round up all the peasants and determine that there is an odd person amoung the group. Also, disguise can be seen by inspecting a person. If I was incharge of town I would check people for disuises and kill every dam person I saw who was disguised. Heck I would run every thief\assassin out of my town simply by their profession.

Thoughts?

Physreps. If you do not have it, then it is not there. Forexample, lets say you need an arcane right cast on you, but your buddy stayed home. You cannot call him on a cell phone and have him perform the right over the phone simply because he would have if he was there.
I will add more as people get a chance to add their thoughts to this. I am in a huge hurry and will have to edit later sorry.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I broke this topic up into bite size chunks. Please reply in the appropriate "After Event Discussion:" topic. Also see the feedback forum to evaluate the event.

-WayneO
:eating:
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!