Rule Clarification

GM_Chris
GM

Rule Clarification

Post by GM_Chris »

Not sure if I posted this and I am too tired to browse, but let me clarify what happens after level 20

After level 20 your character recieves almost no character points (see rule book for exactly how many), but your character does continue to get the full political points they did from level 1-20. Also a character will get 1 hero point every 5 levels so one at 25, and another at 30 and so on and so forth.

There you go.

As for what hero points do..

Hero points can be used to use a skill instantly and without penalty, reduce the time it takes to cast a spell, gain 5 temporary life for a battle or scene, and lastly to increase your damage by 1 point for a battle or scene. Resist any NON DAMAGING effect, and to remove the min cast penalty off those arcane spells that have them. You can use multiple hero points at one time.

When we say you can use multiple hero points at 1 time we are referring specifically to the gaining of life and damage. Lets say you have 10 hero points you could give yourself 25 life points and plus 5 to your damage.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Can Heroic Instant Surgery be used to bypass chip-drawing?

Healer - 'How you doin'?'

Patient - 'Ack! I'm at -934853 life points!'

Healer - 'Heroic Surgery! You is healed, my child!'
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

Also a character will get 1 hero point every 5 levels so one at 25, and another at 30 and so on and so forth.
Does that hero point per 5 levels come back every event? Or is it gone for good once it is used?
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

It is gone once it is used.

And you cannot rez someone with a hero point, but you could heal someone and take the "time" out of doing surgery. As for bag drawing you could take the 1 minute wait time out between grabs but they would still have to grab.

Chris
Chris
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Ah, okay. So a hero point only eliminates the time requirement of the particular step of the surgery you're on. Thanks.

Resurrection/Resuscitation is all ready instantanious, so a hero point can't affect it.

Still, a hero point could be very useful in dealing with poisons, or to get someone back into the fighting by healing them instantly.

Never want to do a Heroic Stabilize, though. :P
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

How about using a Hero Point to double a spell effect for a single casting, or double weapon damage for a single strike?

That could make for a singularly impressive boom, backstab, banish, buff, crush, etc.

As each high level character can generally only do this once per event, it shouldn't become overwhelming or plot-breaking.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Yeah but they have allowed you to stack effects so yes it could easily become unbalancing. To me this seems like the most easily exploited of any of the rules in FH, its like the Destiny Point at CARPS, unless someones job is to monitor it and record all uses then you can't really refute the use of it.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I think the main problem with Destiny Points was that they altered history - often changing or eliminating the recent actions of multiple people to a rediculus level.

Yes, Hero Points require an honor system, but so does nearly every other aspect of a LARP.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

People shouldnt have to many, if people explait the use then well there is nothing I can do. I will hand out a tag for a hero point and it should be ripped up when it is used.

Chris
Chris
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Oops forgot..no doubling of effects I mean at the moment an empath with a hero point could chuck a 30 boom without taking time to do so.

Note heroic NPC's will have hero points as well. Forexample the master has alot of them.

Chris
Chris
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

The Master?!? No one told me The Master frequented Final Haven!

Aw, man!

:wink:
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

And we all thought the Master to be dead!

Well THAT'S a spoiler for ya! :P
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Are we talking about the Gallafreyian....the time lord...if so can I have one of those special phone booths too?
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

No, the old man with the hook nose is the Master.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

AAAHHHHHGGGGHHHHH!!!!! He better not look like he did before cause that bastard tried to cut my frickin' arm off. (Thanks SoCo!!) Someone just moved to #1 leapfrogging over the Warlord as "get rid of that bastage"
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~