Important for all Attendees of October 2006

Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Important for all Attendees of October 2006

Post by Tonia Glowski »

As thoroughly embarassing and humiliating as it is to announce, I feel that my pride is less important than the truth here, especially since so many have kids, too.

I discovered late last night that my son and I both have a case of head lice. I'm certain that based on my symptoms (I had an itchy scalp) that I did indeed have head lice over the weekend. I thought the itchiness was out of the ordinary - and even had two different people check me for it, but they must have missed it and now we're trying to recover here at home. What I thought had been a bad case of dandruff was indeed head lice, though I did not know it over the weekend. I'm guessing that my son got it from daycare, but I do not know where it originated from.

For those that do not know, head lice don't "jump" (so a hug likely wouldn't transfer it), but lice are transmitted by very close personal contact. It is possible if you slept in or near my bed or had a great deal of contact with me over the weekend that you may have been exposed.

I'm trying to send out PMs to anyone that I can think of that might have had greater risks than others, but the best bet is for everyone to take a fine tooth comb and run it through their hair, particularly in the back of the head and nape of the neck - which is where most lice like to live.

I apologize about the unpleasantness of the topic, but it's much better dealt with right away so that there is no time to lay eggs (or for them to hatch), than for me to not say anything because I feel like an idiot.
Last edited by Tonia Glowski on Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Oh snap!

Samuel happy that the lady didn't like his red shirt. I knew that shirt would bring me good fortune!
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

Its actually alot more common than you would think, and indeed 90% of the time it is transfered through schools. Daycare is probly a safe bet. When my mom was a teacher they had 6 to 8 cases a year, and she even got them from school twice in her 15 year carreer. Nothing to be ashamed of. Thanks for the heads up. (no pun intended)
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

My kid has brought home like 3 notices this year already. No worries.